B221 Touch'pad' Smartphone Announced (Asia region?)

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Ya Hsin Industrial have announced the B221 Touch'pad' Smartphone for what seems to be the Asia Pacific market.

b221_smartphone.jpg

This sounds to be something similar to the Motorola Mpx, and it should be noted that the OS is Smartphone 2003.

No quote as such, as this is taken from their product website, but the specifications listed are:

GSM 900/1800/1900, GPRS Class 10

65K colors, TFT LCD, 320 x 240 pixels

Full Pocket PC(PDA) features

MS Office applications

Data synchronizing with PC

MP3 and movie playback

Hand writing input and recognition

Internal screen size is 320x240 pixels, BUT the connectivity info DOES NOT list Bluetooth, and the camera is 300K pixels only...

If it is true there is no Bluetooth, that will be a MAJOR mistake and let down for a device of this level.

More info at source: Ya Hsin Industrial

Guest midnight

indeed, well, kind of, 240 x 320 is one of the new sizes for Smartphone, but MS have stated that MS Smartphone WILL NEVER (i hate that) get touchscreen. Mind you, it states Handwriting recognition, that dioesnt mean it must include a touchscreen, anyone remember the nokia with a touchpad????

edit: i was correct, its a touch panel not touchscreen, and it is definitely ms smatrphone 2003, sounds pretty cool to me :lol:

Guest shadamehr
By the specs it sounds more like Mobile2003 as the screen size is not standard and also touchscreen :?

That would have been my thought too, especially as it says "Full Pocket PC(PDA) features", but the specs clearly mention "Operation System - Microsoft Smartphone 2003" (as if leaning to Windows Mobile for Smartphone, as opposed Pocket PC), hence why I drew attention to it.

I really can't work out what gives with manufacturers these days, if it truly doesn't have Bluetooth.

The argument against Bluetooth (notwithstanding our own user opinions), has already been fought and lost in a commercial sense...

Nokia spent nearly a year insisting only a tiny percentage of their range would feature Bluetooth, as no one wanted it.

They publicly 'apologised' for this error recently, when sales were low, and said pretty much all of their new handsets would be featuring BT in the future.

So Nokia tried to claim it wasn't needed... and paid a hefty price for guessing wrong...

So it strikes me as strange new phones from other companies (especially feature rich ones such as the B221), not having BT...

Nokia with touchpad? can't remember that one. What was the type that had it?

The phone looks great, but the measurements make it sound like it's a brick of a phone.

Do think it look s good and deffinatly sounds great!!

Hope to see more pic's and info soon.

Pigo

I've got to say I see a lot of benefits with this method of input, having the choice of keypad or touchpad would be great for the Smartphone platform and would justify Pocket Word and Excel being released I reckon!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.