Beta Macromedia Flash player for Smartphone

Guest bu_kandar83

Guest happytang

Heh. Such AWESOME AND TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED VIDEOS.

Man... Their not that awesome....

My phone plays any flash I put on there. Took me a while to modify the accelerator table to my liking though. It does lag up when there's too much animation, but only at the beginning, and in the end it starts working.

Awesome.

• 4 months later...
Guest praseth

Hi there,

I want to create a flash game for smart phone, but i have some problems with key controls. Where do i find such kind of tutorials?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest j2chulo
ResHacker finds the following information when pointed at this EXE:

VALUE "CompanyName", "Macromedia, Inc."

VALUE "FileDescription", "Macromedia Flash Player 6.0  r79"

VALUE "FileVersion", "6,0,79,0"

VALUE "InternalName", "Macromedia Flash Player 6.0"

VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright © 1996-2003 Macromedia, Inc."

VALUE "LegalTrademarks", "Macromedia Flash Player"

VALUE "OriginalFilename", "SAFlashPlayer.exe"

VALUE "ProductName", "Shockwave Flash"

VALUE "ProductVersion", "6,0,79,0"

It also finds a bunch of menus and popup dialog boxes whcih look very strange for a Smartphone app - there are four top-level menus, for instance.

On that basis I tried running it on my PocketPC, and lo-and-behold all the menus and so on appear. 

So what I think we have here is probably the bog-standard standalone PocketPC Flash player.  But since it's confirmed working on Smartphones, albeit with no resize, no exit, and so on, I think bu_kandar83 has stumbled on something useful.

Now, I wonder if we/I/someone could write a Smartphone app to send events to this thing (like a QUIT or RESIZE event) to make up for the menus and buttons that aren't available.  I'm sure such a thing should be possible...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah that will be great. i cant play any animation that has a start button because i can't navigate throught the ani menu. but its a good piece of soft i hope someone can remodify it for the smartphone i try it on my i930 Nextel

Guest Solaris_irc
yeah that will be great. i cant play any animation that has a start button because i can't navigate throught the ani menu. but its a good piece of soft i hope someone can remodify it for the smartphone i  try it on my i930 Nextel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PLZ some one help me to config menuhack to use the beta flash player

• 2 weeks later...
Guest byront07

- done :-D

* Smartphone 2002 version

* Hash and Star swapped - no more locked-phone nightmares

* Simpler to use

Thats what u said, so where is the link to download the new version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest genaldar
Well this version somehow supports landscape mode....

it is still buggy...i am hoping to fix them soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know its been months since you've probably thought about this program but I wanted to say thanks. It works great. I have only one suggestion. If you ever get around to working on it again maybe you could add the ability to change from regular to landscape mode. Other than that though it is awesome.

Guest xusso

Have you guys tried this?

Flash on WM

Well, after some tweaking, I've done it!

It works and plays great.

I thank gpcarreon for his heads up. If anyone want the files, I think I can post them (it's freeware).

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
bump

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I tried it. Hehehe. Though the sample SWF file I loaded did not play well on the phone.

I think we should just go for extracting the files for own use rather than posting the files at the forum. It is easy to go about extracting the required files. I have posted a walkthrough for that at the blog.

• 4 months later...
Guest mikeeey
OK, I've had a closer look at this one, with some success. I've managed to build an app which you run *before* you start the flash player; when you then start the flash player, it flips it into show-all mode so you can see the whole file, which is a big improvement.

Available here -> http://www.gamesforsmartphones.co.uk/flashhack.shtml

Enjoy...

how come in that picture u hav the menu at the bottom and for me i dont and hav to use switch back and forth to use menuhack?

• 4 months later...
Guest playaj20008

Alright, so when are we gonna get an experienced programmer in here to make something truly usefull out of this. I can almost smell the day when I can play full flash games on my Voq straight from pocket internet explorer on miniclip.com. Any takers?

Guest mikeeey
Alright, so when are we gonna get an experienced programmer in here to make something truly usefull out of this. I can almost smell the day when I can play full flash games on my Voq straight from pocket internet explorer on miniclip.com. Any takers?

lol yea i wish. im thinkin adobe is gonna catch up first. i really like adobe flash lite cuz u can tab thru different links and buttons on the flash movie or game

• 3 months later...
Guest Ebiggs

So, is it possible to at least use one of these programs for sites like Youtube? If so, which one is best and what other files will I need?

I'm using a Motorola Q.

Guest mikeeey
So, is it possible to at least use one of these programs for sites like Youtube? If so, which one is best and what other files will I need?

I'm using a Motorola Q.

no they dont work on youtube, the browser would need to have the flash program as a plugin.

Guest mikeeey
no they dont work on youtube, the browser would need to have the flash program as a plugin.

i take that back...

the new opera lets you view youtube movies!! on pocket pc tho.. i havnt got it to work on smartphone =(

i wonder if there's a way, or if opera will need to make a version that uses adobe flash lite.

• 3 months later...
Guest mikeeey
Has anyone heard of SPHELPER?

It´s a mouse emulator, ya know?

yep, thats what i use. sphelper with beta macromedia flash. or i just use adobe flashlite alone.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sweetypie12

ok you guys answered all my questions and i was gonna try it out till i read the whole thread. i only need the flash player to play videos on youtube.com meaning it would need to work for ie.

Guest Menneisyys
ok you guys answered all my questions and i was gonna try it out till i read the whole thread. i only need the flash player to play videos on youtube.com meaning it would need to work for ie.

read my related articles - the one on the IEM TCPMP plug-in