ORANGE SPV M1000

Guest Saif

Its finally here in the UK. An orange HTC himalay device!!!1

specs etc are below as taken from the Orange site here:

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...d=1072103347893

Quote:

The SPV M1000 provides all your familiar office features and combines them with all the phone services you are used to with Orange.

With Microsoft® Pocket versions of Internet Explorer, Word, and Excel, as well as PowerPoint® and Adobe® Acrobat® viewer you can continue working on important documents away from your desk. Choose between four different methods of entering data, and the large, full colour touch screen means you can easily view your documents.

The in-built camera and video mean you, and your customers, can stay at the forefront of developments by sending photos and videos as email attachments. You can also transfer data using infrared, Bluetooth® or ActiveSync® to your PC or other devices.

data transfer/connectivity

GPRS

Bluetooth®

infrared

synchronise personal information with your PC

SD/MM Card slot

data and fax modem

messaging

web email (POP3)

send and receive video messages

send and receive images and short video messages (as an attachment)

Group Messaging

Text Messaging

MSN® Messenger

phone features

Microsoft® Pocket Excel and Microsoft® Pocket Word capabilities

tri band

Java™ compatible

touch screen

colour screen (64k colours)

integrated digital camera

document viewer

voice memo/notes

speed dialling

handsfree speakerphone

profiles

video player

one touch shortcuts

file manager

flexible memory

flight mode

MP3 player

calendar

To do list

Call Waiting

Call Hold

one touch/quick access to Answer Phone

divert incoming calls

calculator

alarm

photo caller ID

personalisable display

vibrating alert

Orange additional services

Office Freedom

Orange Backup

Conference Calling

International services

Line 2 (extra line for incoming and outgoing calls) *

Answer Fax *

Orange Update

MultiMedia services

Orange Care to cover the phone against loss, theft, damage or fault *

browser

Internet via Internet Explorer

one touch browser access

bookmarks

change your homepage

browsing history

save pages for offline viewing

security

call barring

fixed dialling

PIN code for locking SIM

* These are additional Orange services, which are available on the Orange network for a monthly charge. Please note that some of these services may not be available while abroad

dimensions

height 130mm

width 70mm

depth 18mm

weight 190g (with standard battery)

display 240 x 320 pixels, 64K colours

batteries

talk time 3.5 hours

standby 6.5 days

PDA (flight mode) time 12 hours

SAR value (Specific Absorption Rate)

0.271w/kg

supplied with

CD ROM

connectivity desk stand

1 spare stylus

additional battery

SIM Card

user guide

personal handsfree kit

car kits available

coming soon

accessories available

Bluetooth® headset

large foldable keyboard

thumbpad keyboard

spare styli

cigarette lighter charger

additional battery

personal handsfree kit

unquote

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dade

Ive had my M1000 for about a week now and I have to say - it ROCKS. Ive now stopped using my E200. At first I was worried that I would get fed up with carrying something this big and using it as a phone but I got used to it really quickly and really enjoy using it.

It isnt locked in any way so you can run anything you like on it. Some of the Smartphone software runs on it too!

I'd be interested to hear how others are getting on with their device.

Guest Jiff Lemon

Using one myself at the mo. Certainly impressed! :)

Only worry is it's supplied with 2 batteries - Maybe orange are tryign to tell us something!

Other oddity is that the video outputs in Mpeg4 - Windows media player 9 on the PC doesn't seem to like it, had to download quicktime - Ugh!

Guest SystemicAnomaly

I take it the M1000 is only available for business?

How much was it and on which tariff? (thinkin bout gettin my boss to buy me one :) )

Guest Dade

Im told that its only available to corporate customers who have dedicated Orange account managers.

We have a few here in our office and we only paid £50 for them on a O2 OVP 400 min tariff.

I think how much you pay for it will depend on how many connections you have and your monthly spend.

As for the two batteries, I think this is a great idea. I'm only in the office fleetingly so I can have one sitting on charge and just swap when Im in. Ive found that the battery lasts quite a well and certainly a lot longer than the SPVE100 and E200's!

Guest Jiff Lemon

We're trialing ours as part of Oranges "try something new for a month". Don't think it'll be going back after a month though :)

Guest peekie

shop around i say i got one without any sort of business contract and a 1 year contract for 30 euros for 6 months then it goes to 20 for the last 6 months , i paid 300 euros for the phone and yes it is simlocked :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest mike_m

Can someone who has an Orange SPV M1000 please help me.

I have an XDA II which I'm using with an Orange SIM. I can make phone calls, voicemail, texts, sending/receive emails and GPRS for internet browsing (Http sites).

I cannot access the Orange World (UK) Wap site - wap.orange.co.uk, I can access the o2 wap site (wap.o2.co.uk).

Can anyone please provide a comprehensive list of M1000 connection settings so I can compare them with my XDA II settings.

Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jiff Lemon

Connection Name: Orange GPRS

Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)

Acesspoint name: orangeinternet

Username/password/domain: All blank

Under advanced. Use Server assigned IP address and server assigned addresses

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paddy_mcnulty

Over at CoolSamrtPhone they have said that the M1000 is now available to all Orange customers. Does anyone know if this is true?

Guest solo
Over at CoolSamrtPhone they have said that the M1000 is now available to all Orange customers.  Does anyone know if this is true?

I would like to know if this is true as well. I have had my original SPV for 19 months and would love to upgrade to this beast :)

Solo

Guest Baffy

I too saw the Coolsmartphone message that it was now available to consumers and wanted to upgrade from my SPV Classic. However, Orange Customer Services don't seem to have been informed of this and aren't prepared to sell me one. :( I have now bought one from onestopphoneshop.co.uk, just waiting for it to arrive :)

Guest Larnen

They are available now on the net (as of last thursday) and in Orange shops (as of monday).

I picked one up in Oxford Street yesterday and it works a treat. :)

Only two things to note though:

1) I have found no way to switch between Line 2 lines. Orange don't know either and they seem to have dropped this from the feature list on www.orange.co.uk in the last day or two. If anyone knows a way to do this, please say!

2) Content via orange update is VERY poor at the moment (in fact it was limited to one Calvin and Hobbes picture!). Likewise limited ringtones etc on the phone. Hopefully we'll see this expand as it moves into the main fold from the bleeding edge for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mrplatypus

Does anyone know if its possible to use Internet Explorer on the m1000 and view in landscape mode as opposed to portrait?

And ..

If it is possible, how is it achieved?

I've got my phone through a free upgrade, and its really cool, its the constant portrait mode of my phone thats bugging me .. I'd really like to use the applications, not just Internet Explorer, in landscape mode.

Please help. Ta. Mr. Platypue