Orange to release HTC Alpine as 'SPV M2500'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

You heard it here first (again)...

Orange, whom we recently revealed are about to announce release of the HTC Magician as the 'SPV M500', are about to annouce their release of the HTC Alpine, (the critically acclaimed XDAIIi).

The device will be called the 'SPV M2500'.

If you've been looking for a Tri Band, 128MB RAM, 520MHz Intel Powered, QVGA (boo!), WiFi enabled, 1.3MP Camera-PDA, on Orange and don't want a keyboard... then maybe this is what you've been waiting for!

:lol:

P

You heard it here first (again)...

Orange, whom we recently revealed are about to announce release of the HTC Magician as the 'SPV M500', are about to annouce their release of the HTC Alpine, (the critically acclaimed XDAIIi).

The device will be called the 'SPV M2500'.

If you've been looking for a Tri Band, 128MB RAM, 520MHz Intel Powered, QVGA (boo!), WiFi enabled, 1.3MP Camera-PDA, on Orange and don't want a keyboard... then maybe this is what you've been waiting for!

:lol:

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cant wait to see this !!!

Guest sganatra

Any idea when this will be released? I'm on the list to get a 'call back' for the M2000 but will just wait for this if its not too far away. Been waiting 3 month for the 2000 so a little longer aint gonna make that much difference.

Whats the source of this? Do you know when Orange might be releasing this?

As soon as I heard about the M500 I phoned Orange and after looooooooooooooong delay they finally got back to me saying that the phone wasn't even in testing yet and, if they did release it, it wouldn't be for at least four or five months!

Just like a lot of others here, I've been chasing the illusive M2000 upgrade but would definitely prefer the M500 or M2500. However, I'm not willing to wait until 2H 2005 to upgrade to a phone that I can already get on other networks.

It really surprises me that Orange, who have long been an advocate of phones with pda functionality (ala the first SPV and its successors) has been caught on the hop so badly in regard to these newer SPVs. Just what are they playing at?

Paul, wanna reveal your sources? I have been told that the M500 isn't in testing yet directly by Orange and, despite their penchant for misinformation, I see no reason to doubt what they say in this case, especially as the phone was only announced just a few days before.

You also didn't answer the original question of when they might release the M2500. I would be amazed if they really were five or six months behind the other networks but until I hear differently from a reliable source I can only go on what I hear from Orange.

I (and probably a number of other people reading this thread) wait with baited breath...

Paul, wanna reveal your sources? I have been told that the M500 isn't in testing yet directly by Orange and, despite their penchant for misinformation, I see no reason to doubt what they say in this case, especially as the phone was only announced just a few days before.

You also didn't answer the original question of when they might release the M2500. I would be amazed if they really were five or six months behind the other networks but until I hear differently from a reliable source I can only go on what I hear from Orange.

I (and probably a number of other people reading this thread) wait with baited breath...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you can safely rely on Paul as being a reliable source! :lol:

That maybe so but he still hasn't answered the question.

Also, even if Paul were to tell me I could get one of these devices tomorrow, think Orange would magically start saying the same thing? Unless Paul has become an Orange retailer???

Guest philgriffiths

I think the name of the device is a bit confusing. To me it would suggest that it is kind of half a genreation on from the M2000 but its isnt really/ They are both the same kind of level of technology to me but different ooptions. This is where i think O2 got it right offereing the XDAIIi and XDAIIs.

Just a thought

Guest sciutand

I've been using Imate Jam (aka spv m500) on orange network for over 3 weeks and it all works perfectly...guess if you want to pay up you can get one.

Also a bit off topic...I also have an spv c500 and just foundout that if yoy unlock the phone you can use Imate roms. So for all those who are waiting for wmp10 on the c500 just have to wait for Imate to release the updated rom...should have been last week but still gonna be sooner than from Orange me think.

AS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carry93

Hi, I am new here and I am from Hong Kong. Nice to meet all of you! I guess the phone you all are discussing about, SPV M2500 is also the one here in Asia, O2 XDA II Mini. There are Chinese and English version here and all available. It is Silver White only. Yet, I like the black colour SPV M2500 more.

Guest Pondrew

Welcome to the site carry93. The O2 XDA II mini is sold here too. It's not the same model as the M2500 (that model is apparently going to be called the M500). The M2500 is based on the newer XDA IIi.

Guest shack77

I know I'm a bit cheeky talking with sensible phone people, but do you think anyone could persuade Orange to leave the full bluetooth functions on their smartphones etc from now on? It'd be nice to keep up with the world.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.