SIM Unlock your XDA IIs

Guest TheMadScot

Guest TheMadScot

You may recall in this thread that I detailed my tale of woe in getting O2 to SIM unlock my XDA IIs; to this date, I've had no contact from them regarding the promised solution.

But today I solved my problem and got my XDA IIs SIM unlocked.

Within 30 minutes.

For free

I happend across an official O2 email address that I sent an (abbreviated) SIM unlock request, briefly stating why I needed my XDA IIs to be SIM unlocked, and providing my O2 account number and the handset IMEI number. 30 minutes later and I was emailed back an unlock code.

No ifs, no buts, no questions asked and no payment required.

I placed my Orange SIM card in the IIs, waited for it to boot, entered the code and was greeted with "Unlock Code Accepted." Both dialling out and receiving calls on my Orange account no problemo.

I should state that this email address appears not to be publicly available on any of the O2 websites and I happened across it quite by chance.

I don't know the whys and the wherefores of all this, but it seems to me that if the email address was flooded with requests to SIM unlock, someone higher up the O2 chain might notice and put a stop to it all. I'd rather not have anyone - even someone I don't know - get a severe rap on the knuckles for being an anonymous benefactor to XDA users :lol:

Bearing the above in mind, I'm not going to directly post the email address, but will gladly pass it on via PM.

FYI: before I handed out my IMEI and contract number, I done a WHOIS search on the email address domain (you know, the bit after the @ symbol) and I verified it as legitimately belonging to O2.

Lastly: I'm guessing that this process would apply to any other O2 device such as the XDA IIi and II mini... if you own an XDA II or earlier, there are already free SIM unlock tools out there on the web.

Hope this helps, folks.

Guest TheMadScot
I e-mailed O2 it didn't work with me, and if you check XDA-DEVELOPERS lots of ppl got the same rejection reply  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hrm, I guess with the address being posted so publicly - and then no doubt spread around other forums and messageboards - someone somewhere in O2 noticed all the SIM Unlatching activity and pulled the plug. Either that, or it's very dependant on whom deals with your request

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the reason the activity was flagged up was owing to a lot of non-O2 customers (owners of M2000's, MDA III's etc) asking for SIM unlatch codes... if you look around you'll see several forums are full of that chatter. Whatever logic moved Orange customers to contact an O2 email address is beyond me :?:

As it's now out in the open everywhere else, the email address is [email protected]

Edited by TheMadScot

Guest TheMadScot
Yes, you're right but I wish they could do me the same favour they did for you :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I were you, I'd wait a week or so and try again once all the hassle has died down; there's no point in giving up at the first hurdle.

Your alternative is to telephone O2 customer services and have them provide you with the code - again stating a very plausible reason as to why you need your handset to be SIM unlocked - but this will cost you £15.

That's the tack I pursued the back on 1st February and, after much persistence and determination on my part, I was promised a call from an adviser within three weeks whom would have my unlock code; I was told this was on account of them needing to request the code from the handset manufacturer - so how I got an email response from [email protected] within half an hour means either

a) O2 customer support were b.s.'ing me, or

:lol: the latchingcodes team have direct access to the codes that O2 support are unaware of

So far I've heard nothing from O2 and I'm curious to see if they will actually call me by the 22nd... :|

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Votronix

Email me. I have the file to unlock it. All you need to do is transfer it to your device and click on the file (on your device) to run it. It will prompt that the phone is unlocked. Ta-da.

Guest jinlong

hi, i have just acquired an xda II with O2 network installed. I live in France in need to unlock the network. Can someone help me out on the unlocking process?

Regards

• 10 months later...
Guest digidesigner

Hi Guys, I've just sold my XDA thinking it was unlocked and now I need to provide a pass code but don;t have the phone in my possession or can remember the default passcode - anyone help - this is urgent!

D