C500 won't charge!

Guest solip

HELP!

My c500 won't charge anymore. When I plug it in the USB it starts the charge symbol and the light turns orange BUT after a few seconds the battery turns full and the light green. Battery-monitor says that the battery is 99% but when I take the USB out it says 63%... I've tried to take the battery out and put it back in again without luck! Do I need a hard reset? D'oh!

:shock:

usb is not great for charging your phone, if you use the mains charger you will prob find everyting is ok. If you do use usb you may have to leave it on charge for a while, its normally a problem caused by the power rating of your usb port / power supply. If you are using a usb hub try plugging the phone directly into the pc moved to H&A

Guest zipperhead

Have the same prob but when I try to charge from the comp the light doesn't go on and when I try to plug it to the mains charger it just won't charge (even that the light is red)

prob not solved :lol:

Thank you very much! No USB-HUB - That did the trickĀ  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest awarner [MVP]

You may have to try a hard reset otherwise it's possible you have a hardware\battery problem.

Red LED means the battery is very low amd not a good sign.

Just checking but are you using the proper mains charger for the phone or a third party one?

Guest zipperhead

Tried Hard reset when the phone worked- didn't help.

I'm using the regular charger with a trunsformer from a Uk one to a regular europian one (Israel).

Anyway, this woin't charge the phone

Awating for more replays on how to resolve this prob.

Thx

Have the same prob but when I try to charge from the comp the light doesn't go on and when I try to plug it to the mains charger it just won't charge (even that the light is red)

prob not solved :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest fraktal

I have also found that USB is rubbish for charging the c500 (shame...I used to charge my original SPV solely through USB but then that had a PocketPC style attatchment rather than a miniUSB one) and no power is supplied at all unless the phone is already on! This is bad for me because I tend to completely discharge my phone before recharging it through pure laziness...

Guest xenophobe

Zipper, have you ever let your battery completely drain to the point your phone shuts off more than once?

That could have damaged the battery and could be why it won't hold a charge now.

Guest razzler

Greetings,

I've had my c500 2 months now & I regularly let it discharge till it shuts down.

I get around 3/4 days use out of a 100% battery, but am not a heavy user.

Maybe I should review my 'charging' habits if this could damage the bat!! :roll:

On another note, my USB cable seems to charge the phone as well as the proper charger....

Ta.....

Guest scm7rap

Does the SPV software need to be installed on the PC for it to charge via USB? The reason I ask is that when I connect my phone up at home to activeysnc etc, then it will charge.

Tried it today in work, just to top up the power, and it won't charge. I am not installing dirvers/activesync because a) I don't wnat to connect it to transfer files etc amd :D there is no CD-Rom on my work PC so I can't install 'em any way.

It seems strange that it must recognise the device to put power through the USB but is this the case?

Guest zipperhead

Guys,

my phone won't charge at all.

Not from the Usb and not from the mains.

The light is red when it's connected to the mains but i held it there for 5 hours and nothing happened.

any suggestions?

Guest Confucious
Guys,

my phone won't charge at all.

Not from the Usb and not from the mains.

The light is red when it's connected to the mains but i held it there for 5 hours and nothing happened.

any suggestions?

Sounds like your battery is dead - replacement time I think.

Guest zipperhead
Sounds like your battery is dead - replacement time I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bought a new battery- same problem

Won't doesn't charge.

When i plug it to the mains or the computer- it just turns the light to orange and 10 secs after goes back to green

I left it to charge for like 3 hours and the battery matter just went down :D

Help please

Guest blueprint_bill

I just got my phone today and i put it on charge for the first time (before i had a go on it) and it said that a red light should be on. Howeever it was a greenlight. I am new to this fone so could someone plz tell me what it means.