Audiovox 5600 conversion to Cingular-settings help

Guest saul2000

Guest saul2000

Hi all. I am a current Cingular customer who lives in nyc.

**Disclaimer**I have combed endlessly through Modaco, AT+T, Cingular, and Howards forums.

I have successfully unlocked my phone and have inserted my 64k cingular sim card. I can make calls + surf the web.

However, I can't seem to receive txt messages from other carriers.

Also, there is a roaming icon appearing on the top of my. When I go to change networks, only AT+T and T-Mobile show up.

how do i fix the txt thing and the roaming issue? I have followed the GPRS and proxy settings according to this site.

I question (current settings)

start >more>settings>phone>call options>

voicemail number: +19084630020

sms service center:+12099042030

and (current settings)

start >more>settings>phone>networks>

AT+T wireless

selection: automatic

Can someone help me?

Thanks, saul

Guest mobile-distortion
Hi all. I am a current Cingular customer who lives in nyc.

**Disclaimer**I have combed endlessly through Modaco, AT+T, Cingular, and Howards forums.

I have successfully unlocked my phone and have inserted my 64k cingular sim card. I can make calls + surf the web.

However, I can't seem to receive txt messages from other carriers.

Also, there is a roaming icon appearing on the top of my. When I go to change networks, only AT+T and T-Mobile show up.

how do i fix the txt thing and the roaming issue? I have followed the GPRS and proxy settings according to this site.

I question (current settings)

start >more>settings>phone>call options>

voicemail number: +19084630020

sms service center:+12099042030

and  (current settings)

start >more>settings>phone>networks>

AT+T wireless

selection: automatic

Can someone help me?

Thanks, saul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same phone on Cingular working flawlessly (except no VM notifacation... :cry: ).

I do not have ANYTHING set to automatic. I have a MS Wod doc of all the settings I have found to wrk. Will email it to you tonite if you want me to. Just PM me your email.

Chris

Guest saul2000
I have the same phone on Cingular working flawlessly (except no VM notifacation... :cry:  ).

I do not have ANYTHING set to automatic. I have a MS Wod doc of all the settings I have found to wrk. Will email it to you tonite if you want me to. Just PM me your email.

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks so much. please send it to [email protected]

i get a vmail icon but this roaming icon wont go away.

Guest ed561nola

I have a smartphone 2000 (upgraded to 2003) and have the same problem, ATT displays as the carrier and roaming icon shows all the time, been thru the same steps u did and not luck, even cingular does not know how to get ride of it, please share any info if got it, at [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest thingsforjason

so does that Word document have a fix for the roaming icon problem? i'm getting that too...

maybe you could post the file. ;)

thanks!

Guest sabatinojr
also - anyone have a compatible modem script to use the av 5600 as a bluetooth modem on a Macintosh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i coudl get that email it woudl be appreciated. [email protected] Thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...
Guest legion70
I have the same phone on Cingular working flawlessly (except no VM notifacation... :cry:  ).

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can u spare me too....please

[email protected]

Guest mobile-distortion
I would also like the settings - ordered the phone from Cingular and it shipped without GPRS working.  [email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have posed the how to's in the download section...also there is another thread here (search my nick) on this