Adding missed call screen to theme

Guest robbster

Guest robbster

I'm sure this has been brought up a billion times before but im a n00b and after searching the forums im confused :?: Basically I've found an animated theme I like but it has one thing missing i would like to add. I'd like it if I could add some kind of plugin to show a screen when i get a missed call on my phone and keep it on till i goto my phone. Is this possible on an animated theme as I've seen it done on other themes before. Any advice would be great :D

cheers

rob

Guest drblow

As with nearly all xml quieries, the answer is it's best to just copy the code you need from somewhere else! :D

Juts download a theme that has a missed calls screen, and open the xml file up on your PC using notepad. Then simply copy & paste the missed calls plugin into the xml file you want. :D

Guest jakobdam

Here goes - insert anywhere you like after the tag:

<!-- Lost calls screen -->

<plugin clsid="{0BA8ABB8-1F1D-417f-88C6-DA8530E2E7A6}" name="missedcalls" height="180"> 

<background b-border-width="0" >

<!-- only if you wish a specific picture to be shown -->

<format state="selected" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\IPSM\Application Data\Home\picture.jpg" valign="top"/>

</background>

<format state="nocall" visible="false" font-weight="bold"/>

<!-- here we write the number of missed calls -->

<label fgcolor="#464646" font-weight="bold" x="26" y="28">

<text><calls/></text>

</label>

</plugin>

I've made a few comments to ease the understanding. :D

Edited by jakobdam

Guest robbster

Thanks for the reply's :D

I'm a total newbie but am getting the hang of things slowly. I've opened up the xml file using notepad on my PC and I'm not that bothered about having a picture shown, so would pasting just the first and third part of this code show only the number of missed calls on a blank background?

cheers

Rob

Guest robbster

I've tried adding the code as above but it doesnt seem to work for some reason. Here's the last part of the xml file that i tried and failed to edit just from the lost calls screen downwards.

Any more advice please?

Thanks again

Rob

Guest BrAGoL

try to place the missed call plugin first before the iconbar and set the height to 200...

sample:

Guest robbster

Thanks for the advice BrAGoL but it still doesnt seem to work. I used notepad to edit the xml and dont know if its any use but I can open the original xml file in internet explorer but after i have added the above plugins it comes up the message:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'plugin' does not match the start tag 'background'. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/ro...

--^

Any more advice as im totaly useless at this hehe

Cheers

Rob

Guest robbster

Thanks for that sunoke got it working at last. I did what BrAGoL said and put code before the iconbar and I had to put /> at the end of the background line instead of just > like you said :D

Sorry for bugging you all but there is a couple of things i'd like to change to it. I like the background colour (black) as its the same as my wallpaper colour but the text seems to be grey and a little bit too small. Also it shows only a number which is off centre to my screen. I'd like it if it had a little bit more info and larger white text, something like:

Missed calls

How could i go about doing this little modification?

Cheers

Rob

Guest arogntbastrd

here is how my missed calls plug-in looks:

Missed Call(s):

where it says (picture) you can insert a pic from your home folder for example whatever.gif and that picture will pop up when you have a missed call. As is, the text is fairly big and comes out looking like this...

Missed

Calls: #

where # is however many missed calls you have. depending on the pic, you may want to mess around with the x,y coordinates to put them in a more visible spot. as far as your text looking grey, just change that 6 character color value. if you do a google search for something like "html color values" you'll find a table with color values. if you want to make it bigger or smaller, just change the font size value. if you don't want the missed calls text to wrap then just remove the width (w="70") command.

just screw around with it for a while and look at the coding in other homescreens when you see something you like and you should be able to set it up exactly like you want it. just last week i didn't know a thing about homescreens.

Guest robbster

Cheers for them tips guys. I've added the plugin as you described arogntbastrd and it looks really good, just how i wanted it. I've left a picture out for now as my homescreen is black and it looks good with the white missed calls text and black background (well i think so anyway 8) )

thanks again

Rob

• 2 months later...
Guest extravagant
As with nearly all xml quieries, the answer is it's best to just copy the code you need from somewhere else!  :D

Juts download a theme that has a missed calls screen, and open the xml file up on your PC using notepad.  Then simply copy & paste the missed calls plugin into the xml file you want.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tottaly, thats the best way, y would u try something on ur own, espeically when another script already works from somewhere else!