activesync - new folders/files not being copied

Guest Gavink151

Guest Gavink151

hi,

Sorry if this has been posted - I could not find the answer so here goes:

Using activesync (3.8) and an spv m2000 (pocket pc) everything except files syncs fine.

A shortcut to a folder has been created on my desktop by activesync called My Documents - so far so good.

Now, I thought I could simply drop files and/or folders in there and they would be synced over to the device (I have files selected as a sync option of course) but this appears not to work - in fact as far as I can tell you have to manually add each file you want to sync to a list under sync options! can this be true!?

I have a program dropping files into this sync directory every now and then - surely I dont have to tell activesync the name of each new file before it will copy it over?

hope that question made sense!

cheers :-)

Guest fraser
in fact as far as I can tell you have to manually add each file you want to sync to a list under sync options!  can this be true!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably. The file sync part of ActiveSync is rubbish. Don't ever remove any of them on the Windows side from within the setup dialogs!!! If you do that, it will delete them on both the PC AND YOUR PHONE!! :evil: Then it's hard-reset time as half your applications don't work as they are missing settings files etc... You might be able to restore from your PC's recycle bin though should this happen.

The "My Documents" area is a right mess. Why do so many apps insist on dumping there; I've got thousands of gif/jpeg/txt files as a part of various apps. Really makes the file browser unusable.

I think there are other third-party sync programs that might actually work as advertised.