best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

Guest duke_stix

Hey

Wondering if anybody has the sony ericsson message alert tones anywhere?! the original ones that come with the phone

i'm after a short, shrill tone, difficult to explain. if you've got access to a SE phone, go to the message alert 2 on the phone and you'll see what i mean!

thanx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest influenz
Catchphrase tones...

Seems like there's a bit of a blip at the end there.

I have this one Catchphrase22k_mono.wav which seems a bit better, I've converted to a 22kHz mono WAV, which is good enough for SMS tones.

Thanks. Just what I was looking for!

say what you see. if you see it, say it!

;-]

Guest mistakenkindness
i havent really found many tones that i find good for text messages! i was just wondering wot u lot use???

I use this one from Crank Yankers. I think its hillarious but it does get old and is not good if it goes off when you are in court like it did not too long ago. I have also used a clip from Pulp fiction it was a gun shot and then samuel l jackson saying, "im sorry did i break your concentration",

Another way to find other tones is to do a wav search looking for clips from movies and other shows there are some good ones out there.

ivegotmailyeah.wav

Edited by mistakenkindness

Guest MadJoe11
I can't download wav files at work so I can't hear any of those ;)

I use this one though - a robotic lady's voice saying "Receiving incoming transmission" no idea where it came from.

I think this is from a Command and Conquer Game...I think Generals. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Einar

Does anyone have a message tone with a guy yelling messaaaaaaage..?

I mean that he only yells it one time, not many as in the wav file some pages before this...

Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Saveferris

Hey guys, I downloaded the whistle tone in this thread and then converted it to mp3 so i could transfer it onto my samsung u600 and use it as my msg tone, but when i go to listen to it through my phone its like the tone has been cut in half and sounds completely different.

its like its been converted and dubbed in fast forward, its weird because the conversion to mp3 sounds fine in Media player but once i install it onto my phone its a completely different sound.

man its pissing me off

Please help guys.

Guest elipsoid

I use this one though - a robotic lady's voice saying "Receiving incoming transmission" no idea where it came from.

Sounds like the game Starcraft to me.

Guest hyxodus

starcraft

Guest Disco Stu

Don't click the files, just right-click and Save As.

Is Quicktime set as default player for wavs ? If I click the link I get the option of saving or opening with WinAmp, my default audio player.