Star War Nerds

Guest i_oWn_u

Guest i_oWn_u

so, the new movie doesnt come out untill may 19th, but these people are already forming lines outside of movie theatres to wait. what is wrong with them?!!

Guest philgriffiths

Yeah i heard about that yesterday. apparantley a group in the US have been told they are queing at the wrong theatre, but they don't believe staff and are convinced that they have the right place.

I think its a bit sad to camp outside the theatre too, but part of me wonders whether some of them do it simply to get in the newspapers or on TV. On the other hand... if they aren't hurting anyone, i don't see a problem.

Guest hunyango_uk

hmmmmm............

i'm a big fan of star wars, but i think caqmping outside the theater to be in qeue is a bit of exaggeration. 8)

Guest morpheus2702

These 'Counting Down' guys have been doing it every since the Phantom Menace. I think they do it as much for the personal attention it gets them as well as seeing the film. Anyone that has the Phantom Menace DVD - check out the last 5 minutes of 'The Beginning' documentary for a flavour.

Me? Day booked off work, first showing at Hemel Odeon just like for AOTC - empty cinema :-)

Guest scm7rap

My office is shutting down and we are all off the see it - The MD is a big fan. She won't pay for our tickets though. I dunno!! :roll: :D

Guest philgriffiths

I suppose it depends on how much money it makes :D

I'm not a big one for Star Wars, but as i undersand it this one will take us up to the beginning of the original movie. Don't know whether they plan on making any more movies that follow on from the original trilogy or not

Guest morpheus2702

Lucas says that this is it, no episodes VII to IX. Totally goes back on what he was saying when he was making the first trilogy.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The cinema? :D

The odeon in guildford is booking tickets now - need to go get mine (why is it not released on a wednesday so i can orange wed's it! ;p)

Guest AngelOfRage
The cinema? :D

The odeon in guildford is booking tickets now - need to go get mine (why is it not released on a wednesday so i can orange wed's it! ;p)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didn't think Orange Wednesdays could be used on just released films? perhaps im wrong though...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm pretty sure i have on new releases? Of course usually a release is thursday or friday so by the time wednesday comes around it isnt so new any more...