Orange UK C500 Update Imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest darnovitz
Isn't this thread supposed to be about the immiment UK C500 update?  It would be nice if it could be kept on topic and issues relating to the French update kept on >>this;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Just trying to resolve an issue, though. The UK ROM update isn't even available, though.

Guest PinkPig
I am well aware that i don't have the awaited update - **checks to see if i have stupid written on my forehead** nope - then don't talk to me like i am

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Calm down there dear, he didn't say anything rude, he was just corrected what looked like a mistake you'd made.

Guest darnovitz
Calm down there dear, he didn't say anything rude, he was just corrected what looked like a mistake you'd made.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10-4, good buddy!

Have a great weekend!

I just read on the BetaPlayer forums that BetaPlayer (soon to be renamed The Core Pocket Media Player) won't play .WMV files with the latest version of WMP10. That's a bit disappointing ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
I just read on the BetaPlayer forums that BetaPlayer (soon to be renamed The Core Pocket Media Player) won't play *.WMV files with the latest version of WMP10. That's a bit disappointing ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps this error message:

snap0623da.jpg

Guest misterxzibit

Can I install the UK update too ? I got my phone from Romania ;), so I'm sure there's not going to be any update for me...there's not much interest about smartphones in here. I wonder if Orange will bring the C550 too, since the C500 had such a little impact in here. I mean, nobody knows a s**t about it. I can't even find a stupid case...not to mention an update.

Guest darnovitz
Well - you can claim that they are plain stupid....this is the reply I got when asking about a ROM update:

Unfortunately, I can confirm this software is currently not available via Orange. I would recommend that you visit the Microsoft website for more details on available software for SPV C500 phone.

I particularly liked the bit about going to MS for a ROM update.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm loving my French ROM update. Just successfully configured my GPRS.. All done and VERY satisfied! Using my U.K. C500, in the U.S..

Guest spark-x
I'm loving my French ROM update. Just successfully configured my GPRS.. All done and VERY satisfied! Using my U.K. C500, in the U.S..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very satisfied with what? just media player 10 upgrade or is there more?

Perhaps this error message:

snap0623da.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know if it's possible to copy the codec from the old ROM (which I still have - waiting for official UK update)?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I have no idea if that trick will work. My bet is to just ask Betaplayer author (Gabor Kovacs) to come up with a fix for the error. ;)

I have no idea if that trick will work. My bet is to just ask Betaplayer author (Gabor Kovacs) to come up with a fix for the error.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He was the one who posted that it will no longer work :D

Guest SteelyDan

If my phone is SIM unlocked, would a newer bootloader re-lock it or not?

I'm planning on changing to another network asap as Orange simply don't value their existing customers but would like to continue using my c500.

Guest Ozzie252
"retribution is at hand"; "some people believe the day of judgment is close at hand"; "in imminent danger"

Arrrgghh women and children first!

Edited by Ozzie252

Guest adchaffey

Just out of interest, will modaco be sending out an email to inform us when the UK update is out, or would you prefer it if we all checked the site every hour whilst praying with the other hand??? ;)

Also, does anyone know if there will be any problem installing the new update for us impatient people who installed the french update???

Guest lardy

Still wondering if the previous update needs to be installed first?? And why won't the first one work? I just get an illegal operation in windows. I've tried turning the firewall off, but no luck. Is it supposed to be unrared first? or is it an installer? I assumed that all i would have to do is doubel click on it, but i still can't get it working!! :?:

Guest gnoonan

Microsoft have sent the updates known as AKU's to Orange and they say Orange have had them for some time now. This update is supposed to contain WMP10. MS say if I chat to Orange they will let me know when this update is available for download.

Guest alexjacobs

I installed french Rom and connected sync via bluetooth once and then found that after that sync just kept throughing me into setup... A reboot of the phone seems to have fixed all that, and now bluetooth sync works every time.

The WMP10 is awesome! as long as you have found the album info in media player then album art is transfered to the phone as well. Also I have set media player on my PC to re-encode all music to 64kbs wma (which it is my understanding is just as good as 96kbs MP3) And sounds plenty good enough provided the source files are good. I have ten albums on the card and still have enough for a couple of episodes of 24!!!!

One thing though I can't seem to sync is video through WMP10, options seem to be greyed out as far as video goes and when I try it errors, anyone else had any luck with any video????

I use betaplayer at the moment using Dr Divx which is awesome but was just curious about the video sync in WMP10....

Do recommend the upgrade though was wrth the hassle...

Guest bluesmudge
Still wondering if the previous update needs to be installed first?? And why won't the first one work? I just get an illegal operation in windows. I've tried turning the firewall off, but no luck. Is it supposed to be unrared first? or is it an installer? I assumed that all i would have to do is doubel click on it, but i still can't get it working!!  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think the latest UK ROM will have to be on your phone to put the forthcoming ROM on.

You say you're having problems putting the latest UK ROM on your phone right?

couple of questions - i asume you're trying to put it on a UK C500?

- what version of windows you using?

- can you borrow a friend's computer to put the ROM on -if you're getting illigal operations i asuming your using pre XP machine? Its possibly something wrong rooted in your machine.

have you considered sending your phone to HTC http://www.htceurope.com/ - you should email / phone them or something to see if you can get them to put the ROM on.

IF you're gonna do that you might as well wait till the new UK ROM is out.

Hope that helps

Edited by bluesmudge

Guest spark-x

ah dood, when is this comming out... are the french beta testing it or something !!! No, i know they're not... it's just Orange france works and Orange UK sit arround drinking tea and eating cookies grrrr