Orange UK C500 Update Imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cubik
the release dates not public so everyones guessing, unless you know for sure?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish I did know for sure... then I might actually be able to get something else done today... ;) I thought I'd seen mention of the 9th somewhere earlier in this thread... may have been mistaken.

Guest MONKEY MAN

they had a different answer for me........

Hello Adam

Thanks for your mail regarding your query.

I can confirm that Orange UK have no future plans to release the software update for the C500.

I trust this answers your query.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Orange Customer Services.

Guest anonymous1

Maybe someone should direct Orange to a dictionary for a definition of imminent

Here's one defintion from:

www.dictionary.com

"im·mi·nent adj. About to occur; impending"

;)

Guest lardy
ahh that would be it - i remember i used to have the same problem on my dial up connection.

though not sure why your connection cuts out after 2 hours - normally providers do that if you're appearing idle . . . . try finding a download manager that allows you to properly resume downloads etc . . . or find a friend with broadband . . .  lol i've never had an illigal operation in XP i assumed they go rid of that warning becuase it made no sense!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My dial up is with NTL... the deal is 15 of your english pounds for 15 quids worth of landline calls a month and on top of that you can use your dial up internet for as long as you like, but get booted every 2 hours. Not bad if you can resume easily like with armadillo or armadillo, but Download accelerator PLUS is kinda strange sometimes.

Oh it's not actually an "illegal operation" i was used to what '98 always said. It actually says:

"RUU_v0.995_OrangeUK_v4.1.1.4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Hmmm, nice of windows to apologise i suppose?!?

Guest jbrare
they had a different answer for me........

Hello Adam

Thanks for your mail regarding your query.

I can confirm that Orange UK have no future plans to release the software update for the C500.

I trust this answers your query.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Orange Customer Services.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's now starting to become clear, there will be no update for the C500.

Cheers Orange.

JB

Guest drblow

What makes you people think that Orange would go to the trouble of informing paul of an imminent update, and then not deliver one? Does nobody think that email is just a standard reply, probably automatic?

Guest hunyango_uk

I'm really confused about all this post, all these email replies.

Which one is the true one, i don't know who to beleive now. but one thing for sure, if Paul post a thread i always can rely.

but what about these orange personnels/coustomers service/employees who replied the emails. do they know something?

Guest PayableOnDeath

I think we should email Orange France, they might give us a better answer on the UK update lol ;)

Guest Disco Stu
what the ****!!!

i want to know the truth!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"The truth is out there.."

or

"You can't handle the truth !"

or some other film quote ;) ;)

Guest cubik

or

or some other film quote  ;)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was only a matter of time before that was posted. :P

Guest hunyango_uk

or

or some other film quote  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) :P ;)

the truth is, i'm really beggining to be confuse. :D

i think it's better to "know the truth" than "you had me at hello"(cheesy - eeeeeeew). :D

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest drblow

You're all mad! ;) Everybody just take a big old chill pill. There was no release date specified by Paul in the original announcement. OK - maybe if it gets too far beyond the rumoured 9th may, then there may be cause for concern, but let's just see if we could excercise a little patience, eh!?

Guest Pondrew

Doesn't this take you back tho Drblow?

The days of waiting for the original SPV update and then the E200 update...

It's such fun :twisted:

Guest drblow
maybe we are just too used to it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, thats probably the real truth there. We're just jaded by previous experience, and know not to get too excited at the mention of an 'imminent' update. It is an all too familiar pattern with Orange, but realistically these emails stating that there is no update have to be just some kind of automated reply system. An update clearly exists in other languages, so we know we will get it in the UK ... sometime! :twisted:

Guest anonymous1

or

or some other film quote  ;)  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

and another quote, "your truth or mine" :P