spvDosBox

Guest roozbeh

Guest schriss
eh????

how do i type

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the only way to "type" is to put it into spvdox.conf, right at the end. See mine attached in the post above.

Anyone knows if spvDOS is being worked on?

Guest djfuego
eh????

how do i type

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't. Read the text before posting next time.

The only way this will work it if you predefine a config for each EXE/COM file because not everyone has a keyboard to plug into their phone and I only really want this for games. and if a config file was developed and somehow dosbox for smartphone translated the Numbers into keypresses then this would be a rockin project. As it is now. I think it's only good for loading games and not doing much past that.

If you know your DOS then you can pre-difine a loading script in the Dosbox config file but that's about it... You can look but can't toutch. :roll:

And thats all the Ands I can fit in so many sentences.... ;p

No Ifs :)

So is anyone working on this keyboad support or not?

Edited by djfuego

• 1 month later...
Guest toomuchdogfur

anyone know if this emulator is compatible with programs written in PASCAL? i was wondering if i could whip up a quick menu for my games selection...

anyone know if this emulator is compatible with programs written in PASCAL? i was wondering if i could whip up a quick menu for my games selection...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anything running on dos should work without problems. Just a bit slower. Sadly, but it looks that the project is dead. Even though it was running faster than commercial PocketDOS...

• 2 weeks later...

Same here!

DosBox is the bomb and if you could put some effort into porting it to smartphone you will be regarded as a hero in the community.

Imagine, running all those oldschool games on your SPV... It opens up so many doors.

Of course speed improvements can always be made (i.e. (more)parts coded in ASM?) but that is of olater concern, first let's get it fully up and running!

Cheers

M. Troni

Guest schriss

Smartphones have 200MHz CPUs and plenty of RAM and DOS worked great on 66MHz old PCs with little memory, so it should be possible.

Too bad nobody is working on that :cry:

• 2 years later...
Guest Alex2422

Guys!Why no one game what i try to start can started?I have only some simbols and numerics when it started :D Roozbeh, why do you forget about this grate port and idea?Many russian people whant to see it!Not only me