Install newest QTek 8010 firmware on SPV C500

Guest jakobdam

Guest celica1.8st

Well I think I'll brave it! The only thing putting me off is the inability to change to a different ROM afterwards but I'm sure someone will sort that out. If all goes wrong and I'm stuck with it and Tomtom won't work then I'll swap it with my wifes as she doesn't use tomtom

Guest ElGato65
Well I think I'll brave it! The only thing putting me off is the inability to change to a different ROM afterwards but I'm sure someone will sort that out. If all goes wrong and I'm stuck with it and Tomtom won't work then I'll swap it with my wifes as she doesn't use tomtom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my experience, as long as your device is IMEI unlocked then just run the update as normal. I have switched between so many ROM's. Ultimately gone back to OrangeUK 4.1.1.4 as I wanted a working TT4, and can live without WMP10.

Guest SPVC500VN

I don't know why when I up rom QTek 8010 on SPV C500 my phone in the fist time ben

to log on have message : sim vaild or missing, and next message Data crashed ... :x :x :x :x :x :x

Guest eikie

Updated it, TTM5 works, allthough getting it to "see" my RBT1000 GPS proved to be a bit more difficult than with the previous ROM/and TTM4 (problems could well be with TTM5).

Only problems are not able to send MMS(??!!) and having that annoying cleartype...

But TTM 4 and 5 do work...

Guest jamesrich

So let me get this straight, receiving MMS works, only sending doesn't work?

Has anyone managed to send out using this firmware?

Edited by jamesrich

Guest jakobdam

jamesrich >

Yes, I can send as well as receive MMS with this firmware - but I had problem receiving (but not sending) MMS with the older french Orange ROM.

Guest eikie
Only problems are not able to send MMS(??!!) and having that annoying cleartype...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just an update, for some reason sending MMS is working... (when orange tells you it will take 30 minutes for the system to accept MMS from your phone, it takes 2 days before it actually works)

So all works, TTM and MMS, now still have to get rid of that damn cleartype

Guest edhunter

unfortly this update is not working on my c500 i have the French rom i already downgrade to a previous UK rom whit typhoonNbftool but still geave me the same error "DATA CRASHES" well think i will keep this rom until some one discover something to hack the c500

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry for my English

Edited by edhunter

Guest dcoelho

I've just received my new (no operator) Qtek 8010 wich has the previous rom. I tried to upgrade followin instructions in this post. I get an error message like.. "vendor ID..."

The phone is qtek with no operator contract wlth a deutch rom..

Any idea how to bypass this issue?

Thank you

Edited by dcoelho

Guest slk200c

I did also receive the same message DATA CRASHES

My phone has already been unlocked so I did not have a problem getting back to the Orange ROM, nevertheless its strange why the QTEK rom won't operate correctly.

Any ideas?

Guest miker33

I've just installed the Qtek 8020 ROM on my SP3i, had to do the deletion of operator information as per the start of the thread to get it to go on though.

All appears to be working ok so far.

Well, with help of some forums all around the world I finally got to flash an older firmware back. Not that I had any problems; TomTom5 works great using 3 different BT GPS modules. But I forgot to backup my Dutch T9 dll so I wanted to revert. The trick with TomTom is 2 way: At first, when pairing your GPS module, do NOT bind an outgoing COM-port on it, TomTom does this for you. If you bind a com-port yourself (apart from the default outgoing COMport (6 in my case)) TomTom cannot open an additional port to the GPS module and will refuse to work.

At second, when having TomTom installed on your SD and applying a new firmware, everything on your phone will be deleted ofcourse. TomTom REQUIRES the \storage\My Documents\TomTom folder to exist, and there MUST be a file inside! It doesn't matter even if you put a music file in there, but there MUST be a file in there. If not, you will not get past the 'warning' screen of TomTom. This is true for both legal and 'patched' versions of TomTom. Reinstalling TomTom from the original CD ofcourse fixes this...

Now for going back to older firmware:

first go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbftools/ and get version 0.3 of the NBFTools.

then go to http://arisme.free.fr/TyphoonNBFTools/ and get the NBFTools remote client

grab http://rataplan.ath.cx/ResetRAPIPolicy.zip

and get http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spvc500/...l?id=sm_1137635,

Ok, you've probably already noticed it's not your average firmware upgrade with all those tools :D Here goes some:

- unzip/unrar all downloaded files.

- connect using USB and make sure your ActiveSync connection is working (you don't need to register your phone, but you must be connected)

- copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll file to the ROOT of your phone (not in Storage or on your SD, REALLY the ROOT)

- install cert.cab on your phone to get the required certificate

- copy the resetrapipolicy file on your phone or SD and run it (it seems to do nothing but it does)

- run the TyphoonNBFTools on your PC. If the titlebar does not say 'emergency flash available' you made a mistake somewhere.

- Now it's time to use the orange rom. You could use Winrar to extract the RUU_typho_v1.1.1.91_v4.1.1.4OrangeUK_S.nbf file, OR you can just run the setup until the screen which shows the phone pops up, browse to 'c:\documents and settings\\local settings\temp dir, there should be a folder named pftxx.x which contains the files. Copy the nbf file to your desktop or another location.

- Within the NBFTools click 'file --> open' and open the just saved NBF file.

- I'm not sure if this step is required for the SPL flash, but I changed model name to QTEK 8020 and I erased the operator field. Can be done through the 'edit header data menu. Be sure to do a recalculation of the hash, even if the tool reports it has already recalculated one.

- Now right-click on the SPL in the bottom window and click 'emergency flash'. There will first be a test before the actual flash is done. If the test fails, do NOT even try to flash or your phone will NEVER boot again.

- After the flash is done, just reboot your phone. It acts like normal but now has an older boot-loader.

- That it! Now you can use your original updates, even the older ones, to flash your phone!

You might even want to use NBFTools again if you want to flash a rom which was not intended for your specific phone model, but that is described in the start-port of this thread.

Any questions? Feel free to ask! (but from friday I will be on holidays for 2 weeks ;))

Edited by Guest

Guest ronny
Well, with help of some forums all around the world I finally got to flash an older firmware back. Not that I had any problems; TomTom5 works great using 3 different BT GPS modules. But I forgot to backup my Dutch T9 dll so I wanted to revert. The trick with TomTom is 2 way: At first, when pairing your GPS module, do NOT bind an outgoing COM-port on it, TomTom does this for you. If you bind a com-port yourself (apart from the default outgoing COMport (6 in my case)) TomTom cannot open an additional port to the GPS module and will refuse to work.

At second, when having TomTom installed on your SD and applying a new firmware, everything on your phone will be deleted ofcourse. TomTom REQUIRES the \storage\My Documents\TomTom folder to exist, and there MUST be a file inside! It doesn't matter even if you put a music file in there, but there MUST be a file in there. If not, you will not get past the 'warning' screen of TomTom. This is true for both legal and 'patched' versions of TomTom. Reinstalling TomTom from the original CD ofcourse fixes this...

first go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbftools/ and get version 0.3 of the NBFTools.

then go to http://arisme.free.fr/TyphoonNBFTools/ and get the  NBFTools remote client

and  get http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spvc500/...l?id=sm_1137635,

Ok, you've probably already noticed it's not your average firmware upgrade with all those tools :D Here goes some:

- connect using USB and make sure your ActiveSync connection is working (you don't need to register your phone, but you must be connected)

- copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll file to the ROOT of your phone (not in Storage or on your SD, REALLY the ROOT)

- copy the resetrapipolicy file on your phone or SD and run it (it seems to do nothing but it does)

- run the TyphoonNBFTools on your PC. If the titlebar does not say 'emergency flash available' you made a mistake somewhere.

- Now it's time to use the orange rom. You could use Winrar to extract the RUU_typho_v1.1.1.91_v4.1.1.4OrangeUK_S.nbf file, OR you can just run the setup until the screen which shows the phone pops up, browse to 'c:\documents and settings\\local settings\temp dir, there should be a folder named pftxx.x which contains the files. Copy the nbf file to your desktop or another location.

- I'm not sure if this step is required for the SPL flash, but I changed model name to QTEK 8020 and I erased the operator field. Can be done through the 'edit header data menu. Be sure to do a recalculation of the hash, even if the tool reports it has already recalculated one.

- Now right-click on the SPL in the bottom window and click 'emergency flash'. There will first be a test before the actual flash is done. If the test fails, do NOT even try to flash or your phone will NEVER boot again.

- After the flash is done, just reboot your phone. It acts like normal but now has an older boot-loader.

- That it! Now you can use your original updates, even the older ones, to flash your phone!

You might even want to use NBFTools again if you want to flash a rom which was not intended for your specific phone model, but that is described in the start-port of this thread.

Any questions? Feel free to ask! (but from friday I will be on holidays for 2 weeks :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi sorry to ask you this stupid question, but what do you mean by this.

"copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll file to the ROOT of your phone (not in Storage or on your SD, REALLY the ROOT)"

and thanks for the procedure. :D

Guest ronny
hi sorry to ask you this stupid question, but what do you mean by this.

"copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll file to the ROOT of your phone (not in Storage or on your SD, REALLY the ROOT)"

and thanks for the procedure.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nevermind, i've already manage to downgrade the bootloader and have intalled the swedish version of qtek ROM, :D thanks for the procedure :D . and now i'm back to ver.2 bootloader. :cry:

Edited by ronny

Guest twinspage

Hi,

i need help, it makes my crazy, that TTM5 does not work on my T-Mobile SDA with flashed ROM Qtek 8020 213122, my GPS mouse is the iuma BS1100.

I really tried all, with the origianal SDA Rom it works.

Could anybody please post step by step the settings to do (witch comports to set and so ....)

Also with pocketscreets no problem.

Twinspage.

Guest dcoelho

To: Jacobdan and all friens here. I have tried to upgrade my new qtek 8010 to qtek rom 2.1.32.11 as described here. Whe I save the nbf file I get un error: "I/O error". If I try to upgrade rom directly (without usin Typhonnntolls) I got "ERROR [294]: invalid VENDER ID". Ok, How can I upgarde this thing? Thank you.

Guest robbster

Any ideas on how to get the genie sim card settings to work with gprs and mms on this rom? I've just upgraded my girlfriends phone and she has the genie sim. I've been through loads of posts and seen the first page of this thread but still no joy. Any advice would be great

Cheers

Rob

Guest usdiver

Is this update better than the new orange update?...I know we are all fed up waiting, but I just want what's best...Thanks

Guest jim.mason

Got a problem, used the spv-developers simunlock service and then installed the qtek rom as I was tired of waiting for the big O to release the UK version of the update.

As its now here I want to install it but get the following error message: Error [296]: Upgrade Only. This NBF file cannot be used for your smartphone. Please get a newer NBF file.

So I thought I would try to go back to the old rom in order to do a standard upgrade using your instructions below. The problem I have is that I can't get the NBFtools to show 'emergancy flash' in the title bar and therefore am stuck.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

then go to http://arisme.free.fr/TyphoonNBFTools/ and get the  NBFTools remote client

and  get http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spvc500/...l?id=sm_1137635,

Any questions? Feel free to ask! (but from friday I will be on holidays for 2 weeks :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got a problem, used the spv-developers simunlock service and then installed the qtek rom as I was tired of waiting for the big O to release the UK version of the update.

As its now here I want to install it but get the following error message: Error [296]: Upgrade Only.  This NBF file cannot be used for your smartphone.  Please get a newer NBF file.

So I thought I would try to go back to the old rom in order to do a standard upgrade using your instructions below.  The problem I have is that I can't get the NBFtools to show 'emergancy flash' in the title bar and therefore am stuck.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check those steps... again, it needs to be in the ROOT of your smartphone, that means in the same 'folder' as where you see the 'profiles, storage, storage card, teno and windows' folders. I'm not sure wheter the cert.cab is needed on unlocked phones. Mine IS unlocked however, but I did install the cert.cab anyway. I ran the resetrapipolicy several times as it seems to do noting. Maybe you should run it a few times before starting NBFtools.

If you need more help or if it's still not working, post your results. Are you sure you are using the correct version of NBFTools? I used 0.3.

Guest ronny

check those steps... again, it needs to be in the ROOT of your smartphone, that means in the same 'folder' as where you see the 'profiles, storage, storage card, teno and windows' folders. I'm not sure wheter the cert.cab is needed on unlocked phones. Mine IS unlocked however, but I did install the cert.cab anyway. I ran the resetrapipolicy several times as it seems to do noting. Maybe you should run it a few times before starting NBFtools.

If you need more help or if it's still not working, post your results. Are you sure you are using the correct version of NBFTools? I used 0.3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you don't need to copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll to your phone, but instead copy it into the same directory where TyphoonNBFTools is on your PC. this should solve your problem. BTW to avoid confusion it's not "emergency flash available" but "immediate flash available" that will appear on the title bar. see attached word document for instructions with screenshots. enjoy :)

Downgrade.doc