Install newest QTek 8010 firmware on SPV C500

Guest jakobdam

Guest jim.mason

Ronny,

You're a genius and I owe you big time. If you are ever in Norwich, give me a shout and i will buy you lots of beer!!!

Now running the latest big O update.

Cheers

Jim

No, you don't need to copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll to your phone, but instead copy it into the same directory where TyphoonNBFTools is on your PC. this should solve your problem. BTW to avoid confusion it's not "emergency flash available" but "immediate flash available" that will appear on the title bar.  see attached word document for instructions with screenshots.    enjoy  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest ronny
Ronny,

You're a genius and I owe you big time. If you are ever in Norwich, give me a shout and i will buy you lots of beer!!!

Now running the latest big O update.

Cheers

Jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:)

No, you don't need to copy the TyphoonNBFTools.dll to your phone, but instead copy it into the same directory where TyphoonNBFTools is on your PC. this should solve your problem. BTW to avoid confusion it's not "emergency flash available" but "immediate flash available" that will appear on the title bar.  see attached word document for instructions with screenshots.    enjoy  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

indeed this is true, I tested it without the DLL on the phone and, after running ResetRAPIpolicy it worked indeed. I had the DLL in the same dir as the tool anyway. I read it had to be in the root of the phone on spv-developers forum somewhere. Glad it now works for the people, sorry for my mistake.

Guest jim.mason
indeed this is true, I tested it without the DLL on the phone and, after running ResetRAPIpolicy it worked indeed. I had the DLL in the same dir as the tool anyway. I read it had to be in the root of the phone on spv-developers forum somewhere. Glad it now works for the people, sorry for my mistake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:??: When doing mine, I forgot to run ResetRAPIpolicy, so not sure what that does :??:

Seems to be working fine now on the new update. Hopefully this will last me until the M500 appears to us lowely residential customers!!! :roll:

Guest IT Troll
I have tried to upgrade my new qtek 8010 to qtek rom 2.1.32.11 as described here. Whe I save the nbf file I get un error: "I/O error".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too received this error. It seems that the nbf file is locked open by another process (the setup program) and so cannot be overwritten. The workaround is to extract the contents of the ROM archive first using WinRAR (or similar). You can then edit and save the nbf without a problem. Then simply run the ROM Update program which is also included in the ROM archive.

My SP3i is now happily running the QTek 8020 2.1.32.23 ROM complete with WMP10. 8)

Guest ronny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no problem, everybody makes mistakes, the good thing here was that you were trying to help other people. so keep up the good work. :)

Guest deadphill

Right I have tried to run through this process and i think I must have clicked on resetrapipolicy like 20 times and still when i connect back to activesync i cannot fet the emergency flash available. I have copied over and run them in the root directory and still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Phill

Edited by deadphill

Guest GrimGreap

try disabling ANY firewalls you have running, i had the same problem not getting imediate flash avaliable to show, shut down zone alarm and it appeared!

Guest ronny
Right I have tried to run through this process and i think I must have clicked on resetrapipolicy like 20 times and still when i connect back to activesync i cannot fet the emergency flash available. I have copied over and run them in the root directory and still no joy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Phill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read post #75 on this thread. this will help you with your problem. it comes with an attachment that contains instructions and screenshots. :)

Guest deadphill

Hi

I did read through it and followed it to a t and still couldnt get it to run. Then I decided to start from scratch and go with the links provided in that document. Sure enough it worked. Turns out I was using an old version of NBF tools and thats why it didnt work. I also didnt have to run the reset rapi policy thing.

Thanks guys now Im back to orange, if anything happens Im in the clear!!

Cheers

Phill

Guest ronny
Hi

I did read through it and followed it to a t and still couldnt get it to run. Then I decided to start from scratch and go with the links provided in that document. Sure enough it worked. Turns out I was using an old version of NBF tools and thats why it didnt work. I also didnt have to run the reset rapi policy thing.

Thanks guys now Im back to orange, if anything happens Im in the clear!!

Cheers

Phill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear that you have made it. :)

Guest dambox

I followed procedure to the letter. I have an unlocked orange phone running with vodafone. Rom update completed and when the phone restarts it keeps displaying data crashes contact service provider. Any idea what is causing this ?

Guest ronny
I followed procedure to the letter. I have an unlocked orange phone running with vodafone. Rom update completed and when the phone restarts it keeps displaying data crashes contact service provider. Any idea what is causing this ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you have an corrupted ROM update, try to download the new ROM and re-flash your phone again.

Guest dambox
Maybe you have an corrupted ROM update, try to download the new ROM and re-flash your phone again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to ensure I have the right one can you post link. I used the one at the head of the post.

Guest tsutton

Pardon me for butting into this thread, but it's nice to see yet another people who's from Norwich!

*waves*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tFelix

Could anyone please HELP me!

I flashed the Qtek 8010 Rom (ROM 2.1.32.11) on my I-Mate SP3i (O2 Xphone II) then i found that the joy stick is not working >.<

Then i follow the TyphoonNBFTools method to going back to older firmware (Qtek 8020 Rom with WMP 10: FE_BP_SKU3_213223_00328_Ship.exe),

for the 'emergency flash' my Test was Successful but when I start emergency flash, there is an error occur as follow:

"Pre-Flashing error"

"An error occurred BEFORE flashing the bootloader. The device has NOT been flashed. Please report the error"

"Failure before SPL flash (Unknown bootloader SHA1 signature (NOT FLASHED))"

Then i try to flash as normal,

but get the following error message:

Error [296]: Upgrade Only. This NBF file cannot be used for your smartphone. Please get a newer NBF file.

Could anyone please help me >.<

Guest IT Troll

You should of used the 8020 (SP3i) ROM rather than the 8010 (SP3). Try re-flashing with the latest version of the 8020 ROM (header modified with NBFTools):

(EDIT: No direct links to roms please, 8020 rom update page here)

Failing that you may have to do some scary things with your bootloader.

Guest Pondrew

It's been suggested that the Typhoon roms and Feeler roms aren't compatible due to different joystick drivers. Unfortunately it sounds like this is exactly the problem for you. Try as IT Troll suggested...

...but please don't link directly to roms.

Guest Pondrew
thanks for all your help... the problem is i cant read those language... couldn't find the rom download

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, some of it is in English and says there are two roms there. First one for Swedish Qtek 8020 with software version 1.1.32.23 or 2.1.32.23. Second just for Swedish Qtek 8020 with software version 1.1.32.23. Couldn't tell you which one to try on your SP3i.

Once you've decided, open the installation guide of the rom that applies to you to find the link to the rom.

Guest IT Troll

The one I have on my SP3i is ROM 2.1.32.23 for the Qtek 8020 which includes the goodies you want (WMP10, MP3 ringtones etc).

It looks like 2.2.32.23 is an even newer ROM with some configuration update - not sure what though. As Pondrew says, the actual links to the ROMs can be found within the installation documents.

Sorry about the direct link, I thought it would simplify things, didn't realise it was a problem.

Edited by IT Troll

Guest ronny
Thanks a lot for all of your help!!~~~~~

YEAH~!~! I've done it..............

Thanks again~~~~~~~ :)  ;)  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what rom did you upgrade to? 2.1.32.23 or 2.2.32.23 ? i currently have 2.1.32.23 on my phone. and would like to ask what is the difference between the two ROM. and see if it would be worth to upgrade. thanks.

Guest tonijj
what rom did you upgrade to? 2.1.32.23 or 2.2.32.23 ? i currently have  2.1.32.23 on my phone. and would like to ask what is the difference between the two ROM. and see if it would be worth to upgrade. thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 2.2.32.23 only fixes a small mistake for "us" Swedish users. When applying swedish as language the folder "Configurations" had a completely diff. name I think. At least that what Qtek's site said, didnt try it myself since Im always got english on.

Cheers

Guest ronny
The 2.2.32.23 only fixes a small mistake for "us" Swedish users. When applying swedish as language the folder "Configurations" had a completely diff. name I think. At least that what Qtek's site said, didnt try it myself since Im always got english on.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply, so it's not worth the update for me then. :)