Install newest QTek 8010 firmware on SPV C500

Guest jakobdam

Guest _Belial
Could anyone please HELP me!

I flashed the Qtek 8010 Rom (ROM 2.1.32.11) on my I-Mate SP3i (O2 Xphone II) then i found that the joy stick is not working >.<

Then i follow the TyphoonNBFTools method to going back to older firmware (Qtek 8020 Rom with WMP 10: FE_BP_SKU3_213223_00328_Ship.exe),

for the 'emergency flash' my Test was Successful but when I start emergency flash, there is an error occur as follow:

"Pre-Flashing error"

"An error occurred BEFORE flashing the bootloader. The device has NOT been flashed. Please report the error"

"Failure before SPL flash (Unknown bootloader SHA1 signature (NOT FLASHED))"

Then i try to flash as normal,

but get the following error message:

Error [296]: Upgrade Only. This NBF file cannot be used for your smartphone. Please get a newer NBF file.

Could anyone please help me >.<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having a similar problem to this poster, i've gone through the process of installing all the stuff on my phone, the test succeeded properly but i get the error saying an error occured BEFORE flash and same error as poster above

I'm running a C500 currently on qtek 2.1.32.11 but because i cant get MMS sending working i want to go back to orange rom

I've downloaded 4.2.1.1 (EDIT: PLEASE DON'T DIRECTLY LINK TO ROMS)

And used the nbk file as directed but still having no joy, if i try the upgrade app i get an error[269] like the above poster

any advice appreciated

I'm having a similar problem to this poster, i've gone through the process of installing all the stuff on my phone, the test succeeded properly but i get the error saying an error occured BEFORE flash and same error as poster above

I'm running a C500 currently on qtek 2.1.32.11 but because i cant get MMS sending working i want to go back to orange rom

I've downloaded 4.2.1.1 (EDIT: PLEASE DON'T DIRECTLY LINK TO ROMS)

And used the nbk file as directed but still having no joy, if i try the upgrade app i get an error[269] like the above poster

any advice appreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

drop by at http://www.spv-developers.com/

and make a search. they should be able to help you there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shaowniq
The 2.2.32.23 only fixes a small mistake for "us" Swedish users. When applying swedish as language the folder "Configurations" had a completely diff. name I think. At least that what Qtek's site said, didnt try it myself since Im always got english on.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is in the 2.2.32.23 ROM Slovak language please ? i want to try it, but not sure about languages. thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jelte86

What am I doing wrong? I'm currently running the Qtek8020_26_SKU3 nordic software.

I've copied the .dll to the root of my rom. Runned the .cab and the .exe a several times. Disabled my firewall, got a good active sync connection but i don't get "immediatly flash available" in TyphoonNBFTools. So frustating...

Could please anyone help me?

What am I doing wrong? I'm currently running the Qtek8020_26_SKU3 nordic software.

I've copied the .dll to the root of my rom. Runned the .cab and the .exe a several times. Disabled my firewall, got a good active sync connection but i don't get "immediatly flash available" in TyphoonNBFTools. So frustating...

Could please anyone help me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you don't have to copy the .dll file to the root directory of your ROM, instead copy it to the directory where TyphoonNBFTools is located in your PC.

Guest Jelte86
you don't have to copy the .dll file to the root directory of your ROM, instead copy it to the directory where TyphoonNBFTools is located in your PC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See my attached image in my previous post... I already have the .dll in the directory of TyphoonNBFTools. (have them on my phone and in the directory because I've tried only on the phone/ only in the directory before).

Guest Jelte86
See my attached image in my previous post... I already have the .dll in the directory of TyphoonNBFTools. (have them on my phone and in the directory because I've tried only on the phone/ only in the directory before).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've fixed the problem for myself. The link you provide in your post (66) of Typhoon NBF Tools is an old one. You should get your NBF Tools from here: http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t206381.html

Maybe you could edit your post (66) Then it works :o

Guest Jelte86
I've fixed the problem for myself. The link you provide in your post (66) of Typhoon NBF Tools is an old one. You should get your NBF Tools from here: http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t206381.html

Maybe you could edit your post (66) Then it works :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I have the Orange SPV 4.1.1.4 update on my telephone. But I still can't update to the T-Mobile SDA 1.1.23.84 or SDA 1.1.26.124 firmware. Still get messages like "invaled vendor ID" and "only update" while i'm using the NBF Tool to delete the provide in the header data. What am I doing wrong?

Could please someone help me?

Hi,

I have tried to downgrade ROM from QTEK 8010 to any other but I can't !!! The phone gives out - Invalid Vender ID...

I have my phone unlocked with SPV tools, I upgraded rom from AT&T to Qtek and the network coverage stil is bad, so I would like to try different ROMs like new SP3!!!

What should I do to downgrade?!

Guest chmod-uk

I'm trying to flash my spv c500 with the qtek 8010, but when i get to the stage of editing the .nbf and overwriting the recalculated nbf it says "IO error" or something like that. I tried updating without using TyphoonNBFTools but i get the vendor id problem so this is the only way.

edit:

scrap that, i just deleted the old nbf and wrote the new one. Updated fine, menus seem to update quicker and none of the orange gubbins!

Edited by chmod-uk

Guest eric.67

Hello, i write from Italy, i bought on EBay an SPV C500 with UK firmware 4.1.1.2. This phone is sim and app unlocked, but i don't know in which way it's been unlocked ( SIM/IMEI or other ).

If i load Qtek 8010 last firmware on the phone will it return sim-locked ???

many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mantaraya

Hi,

Will this also work with a Dutch c500. I've installed rom version 4.2.3.3 and after installing it I can't use my TomTom Mobile 4 anymore.

Regards

Guest Pondrew

Qtek recently started requiring registration to get their updates. If you have a Qtek device u'll need to enter your imei to gain access.

Posting of roms or direct links to roms is against the forum rules so if you don't have a Qtek then you're out of luck.

EDIT: the Qtek site is here

EDIT2: Hmmm... not a good site design, the support section (where the roms are) is only available on the Swedish site (ie not in English :roll: )

Hi there, can you pls help me with registration. i have no clue what they want there in swedish?? i used lingvo ;) - no result!

i do need this new rom - i can not use GPRS neigther send mms!!

dima

Edited by Loxa

Guest stuchad

All

I have a UK Orange SPV C500 and have it unlocked with a non-Orange SIM. However, I have noticed that occasionally it slips into "Orange Plus" screens and messes up, especially when I am using voicemail - I'm pressing numbers for the voicemail functions only to realise it has slipped into Orange Plus and is trying to process the number-presses in that function.

Therefore, I think the best thing is to strip off all the Orange branding by applying this ROM. I've now spent a week trying to get the upgrade but the QTEK site seems totally broken.

Can anyone give me the upgrade for the ROM? The QTEK site just gives errors on everything.

Can someone also confirm that what I plan to do WILL achieve my aims?

Thanks

Stuart

Guest chmod-uk
All

I have a UK Orange SPV C500 and have it unlocked with a non-Orange SIM. However, I have noticed that occasionally it slips into "Orange Plus" screens and messes up, especially when I am using voicemail - I'm pressing numbers for the voicemail functions only to realise it has slipped into Orange Plus and is trying to process the number-presses in that function.

Therefore, I think the best thing is to strip off all the Orange branding by applying this ROM. I've now spent a week trying to get the upgrade but the QTEK site seems totally broken.

Can anyone give me the upgrade for the ROM? The QTEK site just gives errors on everything.

Can someone also confirm that what I plan to do WILL achieve my aims?

Yes it works great, just follow the guide on this forum. Takes about 5-10 minutes to flash. I also had an orange c500 locked and app locked.

Guest Jelte86
i'm asking this for a week and still no answer!  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe no-one has the firmware... I can't help you sorry.

And posting every few hours a message doesn't gonna change that.