Operator version 5.31.1.162

ROM Version 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date 12/13/04

Radio Version 1.06.02

Protocol 1337.38

ExtROM Version 1.31.162 WWE

Version 4.21.1088 (Build 14132)

Details provided by mwang at XDA Developers

This seems to be an official rom upgrade (for those who have an old version like i used to)

Please note i haven't tried this as I upgraded to a different rom, however i would presume it works seeing as its hosted on the Orange UK Website

I would advise not to use if you don't know what its about.

Guest Pondrew

Haven't tested the file but assuming it is what it appears to be it's a very good find.

We'd all come to the conclusion that Orange hadn't made the latest SPV M2000 Rom available except on new devices...

Guest Pondrew
Still older than the 1.40 provided for the PDA2k tho... :|

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be amazed if Orange were to release a state of the art rom for the Blue Angel. Always seems to be the O2, Qtek, and Imate releases that are cutting edge with Orange next and T-Mobile a distant third (ignoring T-Mobile's Blackberry upgrade).

Guest m444rcus

Hi can someone tell me if it's worth updating as the only difference is the bold text... mine being 124, the 'new' version being 162... the date of the ROM is the same...

Operator version 5.31.1.124

ROM Version 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date 12/13/04

Radio Version 1.06.02

Protocol 1337.38

ExtROM Version 1.31.124 WWE

Cheers,

M

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm... that's wierd. Wish there was a webpage to go with the download so we could see EXACTLY what this update/upgrade is and who it's for.

Didn't expect it to have different version details to the roms already out there!?!

Guest Pondrew

Found the following post in another thread here. Should shed light on matters...

The download youve referred to from orange originates from THB who produce the take and talk cradle for the M2000. Goto the section for Hands-free car kits and underneath the products for M2000 theres a footnote that applies to xda and m2000

www.thb.de

Prior to this revision, the ring tone on the phone would not be fed through to the car audio sytem, only when you accepted the call did the car audio system kick in. Ive now done the Rom upgrade and from my experience it only updates the extended rom.

On another note you can run the program and it tells you the difference between your existing version of ROM and the update versions before uploading.

My rom image now stands at:

Operator Version 5.31.1.162

ROM Version: 1.31.00 WWE

ROM Date: 12/13/04

Radio Version: 1.06.02

Protocol Version: 1337.38

ExtROM version: 1.31.162 WWE

One other point ive noticed is that, ive not experieced the issue of the microphone being disabled under certain conditions when playing with the bluetooth (GPS), ie i can hear them, but they cant hear me, which normally results in a reset.

I would be interested to know if anyone can confirm this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Pondrew

As an Orange Rom update the install process should be straightforward for an Orange SPV M2000. Just a case of having the device connected via activesync (plugged directly into the PC, not a USB hub), firewall down, and running the install program.

Having said that, even upgrades designed for your device can go wrong and I can't be held responsible if your device does fail.

The name of the game is patience and not panicing if the update doesn't work first time and your device is left stuck in bootloader. If that happens, you can still update, just a little more complicated in that you have to kill the activesync and update processes on your PC using taskmanager, reset (both the device and PC) and start again, this time with your device in boot loader mode (and without Activesync registering a connection).

EDIT: Oh, you should of course be aware that you will lose all custom settings, progs, and messages on the device as it will effectively be restored to an out of the box state.

Edited by Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Sorry Bazil71. This is a Pocket PC update. You'll need to keep an eye out for when (if?) Orange finally release the Orange UK C500 update.

Guest BAZIL71

Thanks Pondrew,

It was a short period of a heartbeat for me ;))) I hope our ( c500) rom upgrade is about to announced in a few days :D

Guest furby
One other point ive noticed is that, ive not experieced the issue of the microphone being disabled under certain conditions when playing with the bluetooth (GPS), ie i can hear them, but they cant hear me, which normally results in a reset

That would be so good if it's fixed, is really annoying

Guest WWWeed

I got bored waiting for an upgrade, I just used the Imate rom updates (again thanks to XDA devlopers!) and it works SO much better...

this is as far as I am aware the lastest imate upgrade:

For the Worldwide English Build:

ROM version: 1.40.00 WWE

ROM date: 03/10/05

Radio version: 1.12.00

Protocol version 1337.42

ExtROM version: 1.40.176 WWE

it looks like orange has some way to go, oh whats the bluetooth bulid on that upgrade?

Edited by WWWeed

Guest Pondrew
I got bored waiting for an upgrade, I just used the Imate rom updates (again thanks to XDA devlopers!) and it works SO much better...

this is as far as I am aware the lastest imate upgrade:

For the Worldwide English Build:

ROM version: 1.40.00 WWE

ROM date: 03/10/05

Radio version: 1.12.00

Protocol version 1337.42

ExtROM version: 1.40.176 WWE

it looks like orange has some way to go, oh whats the bluetooth bulid on that upgrade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the Imate rom is excellent.

Think Orange's latest rom features build 3500 Bluetooth so again inferior to the Imate 3900!

Guest theanarch1st

didn't expect that many replies, only been away a while.

Yeh i'm on the Imate ROM also, its not much different cept for a few new bits n bobs n no orangey stuff ;). Have disabled Btooth altogether as i rarely use it anymore so don't have the no call voice problem.

I was actually shocked that there was an update from Orange at all after hearing they had no plans for an upgrade ah well just goes to show there not always bad :D (still behind though as you rightly say ;))

Guest Pondrew

Twas the little things about the Imate rom (over the T-Mobile one anyway, never used the Orange version) that impressed me.

It has the regular icon showing signal strength but adds another beside it to chart GPS connection, activesync, etc. And a strange icon that I think is meant to be a pic of an inbox tray appears when you've got an MMS.

As mentioned before, it basically all seems a bit more polished. Added to which the inclusion of Skype in the Rom is VERY forward thinking.

Guest ingster

Hi guys, well after installing the rom update from the link www.orange.co.uk/downloads/m2000 i had a few problems mainly due to not being able to connect to GPRS etc, so i contacted orange to see if they could send me the settings, unfortunately they informed me that this update is a testing rom and SHOULDN'T be used plus they couldn't tell me where i could get the old version of the rom from, can anyone help me or send me a link to a site with the last rom update for the m2000 or even a really good rom you're using eg the imate rom - don't you need an imate imei no to get it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zarquon

Having done a complete backup with activesync first I downloaded and installed this ROM about 10 days ago.

I got my M2000 in late November so it had the original ROM. This ROM seems a little more stable but a little slower with wisbar2 loaded. BT headset has a lot less crackle.

The most noticeable thing with this ROM was when I restored from my backup, it immediately synchronised with my exchange server. When I had had to do a hard reset with the original ROM I had to change the setting to sync with my pc and then change back to sync with the server, which was a little time consuming.

Backup, install and restore and working 1 hour 10 minutes. It could have been quicker but I didn’t notice when it finished the ROM install.

No problems with GPRS etc as those settings came back with the restore (sorry 8) )

Edited by zarquon

Guest JamShady

I've updated to the i-mate ROM, managed to restore the MMS and GPRS settings, but.... the active sync icon is gone, meaning I can't sync via wifi anymore :cry: Any ideas on where it has gone, the active sync folder just has GCounterFile and SchedSync, no signs of an app. Cheers

Guest Pondrew
I've updated to the i-mate ROM, managed to restore the MMS and GPRS settings, but.... the active sync icon is gone, meaning I can't sync via wifi anymore  :cry: Any ideas on where it has gone, the active sync folder just has GCounterFile and SchedSync, no signs of an app. Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, just checked my MDA III (which is running the latest i-mate rom) and the Activesync prog is exactly where it's meant to be in the start menu.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest steverust
Yeah, the Imate rom is excellent.

Think Orange's latest rom features build 3500 Bluetooth so again inferior to the Imate 3900!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just had an SPV M2000 so could I use the IMate update?? and would it work??? as I want to add some programs from my mates XDA disk (Fonix_voicedial, True fax etc)

Guest Pondrew
I have just had an SPV M2000 so could I use the IMate update?? and would it work??? as I want to add some programs from my mates XDA disk (Fonix_voicedial, True fax etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errr. Well, be wary as changing to a rom for a different device is not for everyone and if things go wrong your device could become a paperweight. And if the update does work you'll have lost all the Orange specific settings so will need to reset it up.

If you do decide you want to know more then do some reading of XDA-Developers wiki pages. You can find also find some of the basics in the Blue Angel rom thread here (note the disclaimer).

Guest Pondrew

Incidentally, you may be unable to install software for your own device after changing to another rom.

I recently tried to reinstall the GPRS monitor that came from T-Mobile with my MDA III only to find it was coded to only install on the T-Mobile rom! As my MDA III now thinks it's an I-mate PDA2k neither the GPRS monitor nor the Voice Dial tool will install anymore.

Thankfully T-Mobile's automated customer service line and website both list GPRS allowance remaining with what seems like accuracy to within a hr! As for voicedial, I now have Microsoft Voice Command which is worlds better giving almost total control of the device through vocal commands.