Zonealarm

Guest J273

Hi guys just started using zonealarm and have found that if i have it enabled i cant install any apps it just wont let me,but if i disable the firewall itll let me install apps fine,It syncs ok but just wont let me install,As anyone got any ideas as to what this could be and how to go about fixing it without having to disable it all the time,Thanks

Guest travisb

If you go to the Program Control menu and click the Programs tab, the chances are that ActiveSync Application and ActiveSync Connection Manager should be at the top (or near it).

In the Access column, both should be ticked as Trusted and Internet. If they are not, just click in the Access column for each and change to allow.

In the Server column, the ActiveSync Connection Manager should be Allowed for both Trusted and Internet, and the ActiveSync Application should be Allowed for Trusted and Ask (?) for Internet. This is how my Pro version is set up and I have no probs installing.

Guest fraser

Set it up for allowing connections outbound, but NOT IN, or full-access only for your local network. You don't want ActiveSync listening on your internet address at all, trust me on that!

Ok thanks guys for the info but after using zonealarm for a few days ive decided to go with sygate and im currently having no problems at all :)