[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

Guest Zone-MR

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

regeditSTG.zip

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest koe_182
You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you not just drag and drop it when the phone is syncd? then run it from there?

i have no card reader, so cant think of any other way to do it :) any suggestions, need to get my phone decerted tho.

I'm probably doing something stupid but it won't let me drag and drop any files onnto the phone or the storage card. I get a message saying it's not allowed. Any ideas?

Guest nedge2k
You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

Erm ^^^^

Only other way would be to bluetooth/ir it across

Guest GothTeddy

you can use activesync to move the zip file across, then unzip on the phone. (Wouldn't let me move the .exe across)

Worked like a charm :)

Edited by GothTeddy

Guest TheBoff
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

Guest spacerace

Thanks very much for the info, worked perfectly for me.

(And yes you do need to copy the file to SD via a card reader, AS won't let you.)

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

Guest TheBoff
The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

Guest mobile_f
Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i was wondering where i could also get the action register app for my c500.pls help

Nice to see that ur guys are really fast to unlock the SPV c550.

Got a question about the warrenty if i change the values.

I think i will sure loose mine warrenty if i change it.

But when there is something wrong with the mobile would it work when i put the old values back?

Guest fishyuk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just want to confirm it worked a treat on my new C550 too. I read this thread and took the plunge. The only thing I did differently is that I unlocked the application lock via the orange uk developers site. (I'd already done this before finding this thread). Only needed to copy and run the cab and then the unlock tool.

Guest nedge2k

Remeber that the Orange unlock site is only a partial unlock. Editing the reg with the HTC signed reg editor will fully unlock the device, allowing system file moving/deleting etc.

Guest morpheus2702
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing)

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you then pressed 'Values' ?

Guest Pagemakers

Wouldn't this work on any SPV to app unlock?

Guest Pagemakers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just unlocked my C550 using this method but "Sprite Backup" still refuses to work because it says the phone is locked!!

Guest peekie

on my c550 i did not have to modify the reg , all i did was to run the cert cab from my sd card and then use the spv services app and it worked :) :D :D

Guest Pagemakers
Wouldn't this work on any SPV to app unlock?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup - It also works on the C500 :)