[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

even after application and SIM unlocking my 550 following the instructions in this post still had a problem with not been able to install or run certain applications. The main one being that Sprite Backup would not run in privileged mode.

Just noticed that the trial version of Sunnysoft Backup Manager for SmartPhones has an application unlock program included.

Available Here

Installed and ran the unlock application and now Sprite backup is running in privileged mode!

Anybody know what changes this application makes?

Edited by BDV001

Guest sergiu84

What can I say, I absolutely adore you! In a completely heterosexual way, of course. Now if I could figure out a way of copying my contacts from my T610 to my SPV C550, I'll be in heaven. Thank you SO much guys, you're absolute life savers!

(works on SPV C550 on Orange Romania, originally from UK)

Guest BORGCYMRU

OK

I have tried to unlock my C550.

I downloaded the file in the first post of the thread, the Reg Editor. Tranfered the .zip file to the phone and using file manager ran the reg editor but when I went to the

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\

location there was nothing showing to change.

I have also tried running the Cert.cab file on the phone that was mentioned in another thread but this wasn't allowed to be run by the phone.

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1286

There seems to be threads and links for this all over the place, is there one thread that has all the links and info in one place ?

I also tried the on line method through the phone and going tp the site mentioned here

http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6825/applicat...nlocking8zp.jpg

But it said my IEMI was not registered, which it is. I did it over the phone this afternoon.

Guest BORGCYMRU
OK

I have tried to unlock my C550.

I downloaded the file in the first post of the thread, the Reg Editor. Tranfered the .zip file to the phone and using file manager ran the reg editor but when I went to the

location there was nothing showing to change.

I have also tried running the Cert.cab file on the phone that was mentioned in another thread but this wasn't allowed to be run by the phone.

http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1286

There seems to be threads and links for this all over the place, is there one thread that has all the links and info in one place ?

I also tried the on line method through the phone and going tp the site mentioned here

http://img230.echo.cx/img230/6825/applicat...nlocking8zp.jpg

But it said my IEMI was not registered, which it is. I did it over the phone this afternoon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest BORGCYMRU

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Managed to get it to run through the web unlock method through the phone but after receiving the confermation message it wouldnt allow me to use another SIM.

It asked for a network unlock code ;)

Guest nitefly

Hmm.. Im doing everything right, as far as i know, and its not working. I shove my o2 card in, turn phone on and its saying its unlocked! ;)

I am using a c550 and i transfered the exe file over using active sync no problem there.

Does anyone know how i could fix this problem?

Guest pagie_cc88
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) ;)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers this has worked brilliantly :D

Guest pryddie

My Phone is faulty and needs to be returned to orange but i have unlocked it, can they tell and if or what can i do to return it to original condition as sent out ;)

Guest Confucious

so long as the fault is nothing to do with you unlocking it, it is none of their business.

They won't even know you have unlocked in my experience.

Edited by Confucious

Guest andysgenie
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) ;)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi i tried your method above and i think i deleted a setting i shouldnt have by accident oops ! do you know what is supposed to be in the directory and what the settings should be , because i can't sync using activesync anymore, it says connected but wont do anything just says communication error and tells me to re-set the phone . andy ideas ??? p.s. only had phone 6 hours

Guest vimafeje

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have unlocked, (remove restriction) on my SPV C500 wm5 doying this! tanks

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest GeoThermal

When I try to copy the cert.cab file across it says it can't find the file, make sure the path and filename is correct....

Fixed that problem. I hadn't saved one of the registry changes.

Edited by GeoThermal

Guest GeoThermal

Hi

I've followed the instructions.

Cert.cab is on the phone the other two files on the PC.

When I run SPVServices a window pops up saying All OK, Rapi init was successful.

I then go to SimLock tool on the left, enter AGREE and click ok.

I get a message saying Unknown error -2147467259 in read operation.

I've had a look at the various posts on this but can't find the fix.

Any help appreciated!

Guest hey_tim
so long as the fault is nothing to do with you unlocking it, it is none of their business.

They won't even know you have unlocked in my experience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I spoke to them about unlocking my own phone they told me it was perfectly ok so don't worry!

;)

Guest Rodger rabbit

Hi everyone....

I've got a problem!!!!!!

Just bought a SPV C550 on pay as you go from Orange £99.00 New! :)

Done all the required to unlock it.... Used Orange site to remove software lock.... Loaded Doom which works ok but no sound? :?:

Ran the unlock software no problem....

Put my virgin sim card in.... Sim card works in the phone...

BUT i can't make or recieve calls... The phone does nothing when you dial a number? When you try to ring it, it says callls are not being recieved by this number??? :evil:

Put the Orange sim back in and that works ok????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rodger rabbit
Going to ring them now....  will post there reply!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D :) :D :D :D

Turns out my smart phone reported itself stolen when i used my Virgin sim!!!!! :shock:

Just rang them up and they reconnected me......

Problem solved!!!!! :)

Guest designschedule

Hi there,

having problems with the application unlock, can't find registry entries to match those shown - where are they?

i have hkey folder names not hklm. Am i just being simple? any extra details on exactly which registry entries to change would be greatly appreciated.

pls help

kind regards.

tim