Fauly Batch....no 7 key?

Guest kevwright

Guest kevwright

Anyone else have an issue with the number 7 key on the new C550?

Here you have to press it 2/3 times as firmly as any of the other keys making it a nightmare to use the phone.

I have read somewhere at least one other user has had this so am wondering if it is worth exchanging ATM or just getting a refund.

Kev

Guest followthewater

it seems fine to me dude

ive pressed 7, 20 times and its picked it up 20 times

report this to orange, they will give u replacement handset

regards

Guest kevwright
report this to orange, they will give u replacement handset

regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take it that Orange themselves will not help replace it if I got it from onestopphoneshop?

They will exchange or refund me but I have heard they are pretty slow in turnaround.

Kev

Guest george7
I take it that Orange themselves will not help replace it if I got it from onestopphoneshop?

They will exchange or refund me but I have heard they are pretty slow in turnaround.

Kev

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should get onestopphoneshop to repair it, as you get 3 months free insurance with your phone! (remember after 3 months it will cost £4.99 a month!)

Guest ptwilliams

Yes I had this problem too.

My first handset had a faulty number 7.

My second had the third media key faulty.

This is now my third handset, and (fingers crossed) all seems ok.

Orange replaced it every time, within 24 hours, without a quibble.

Top, top service. Well impressed.

Guest mavisdavis
No problems here either. All the keys & direction stick work perfectly on mine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My joystick does'nt work correctly it's only 5way :twisted:

Why can't they get the bloody thing right.

just got my C550 today - hope i dont have that issue!

I also have my lovely C500... however I may return the C550 and get another C500 bcos I really dont see anything "better" or more functionality than the C500.

doesnt ship with WM2005 :) sucks! Orange arent even doing it

Guest kevwright
You should get onestopphoneshop to repair it, as you get 3 months free insurance with your phone! (remember after 3 months it will cost £4.99 a month!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I ain't taking a repair on a brand new handset :-)

I decided to send it back and cancel, as battery life seems rubbish as well :-(

Kev

• 1 month later...
Guest advised pie

yeah my * key is faultyon my C550, wierd though, because it does not work at all but when I power the phone on the * appears on the display before the home screen...

only bugger is that I bought it from someone else and Orange refuse to repair it unless I have the proof of purchase, and want to charge £45 to repair it out of waranty!!!! (rip off) its like a third of the cost of the phone.

Guest fluffcat1
Anyone else have an issue with the number 7 key on the new C550?

Here you have to press it 2/3 times as firmly as any of the other keys making it a nightmare to use the phone.

I have read somewhere at least one other user has had this so am wondering if it is worth exchanging ATM or just getting a refund.

Kev

I tried to send mine back the same day it arrived as it did this with the '1' key - but ornage dragged their heels sending me a bag to return it in, so it took 4 weeks :twisted:

It was as if there was no springy-ness in the metal contact under the key - an easy fix by replacing the contact the rests over the board, underneath the sticky layer, but didn't see why I should have to do it on a brand new phone...

Richard

I tried to send mine back the same day it arrived as it did this with the '1' key - but ornage dragged their heels sending me a bag to return it in, so it took 4 weeks  :twisted:

It was as if there was no springy-ness in the metal contact under the key - an easy fix by replacing the contact the rests over the board, underneath the sticky layer, but didn't see why I should have to do it on a brand new phone...

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My 3 key has been playing up for a while but i have stuck it out till today when the joystick started to play up, so i phone 150. I have had this phone since it was released and the guy at orange said its still under guarantee so they are sending me a new phone tomorrow. Can not say a bad thing about orange, realy good CS when ever i have phone them(been with oragen for about 7years now!)

just think the person above was unlucky must have got thro to someone who has fallen out with his wife or something (':roll:')

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd have a look at htceurope.com to make sure my C550's in their database for when I need to send it back after eleven and half months to get the dust sorted and there's an interesting fault category shown:

c550_fault.jpg

Suggests to me they know of a problem with the number 4 rather than 7...

I thought I'd have a look at htceurope.com to make sure my C550's in their database for when I need to send it back after eleven and half months to get the dust sorted and there's an interesting fault category shown:

c550_fault.jpg

Suggests to me they know of a problem with the number 4 rather than 7...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or that they've carried an old fault from the HTC Voyager over to the HTC Hurricane fault diagnosis. This was a common fault back in the days of the SPV E200 and I saw it listed just as there when I booked my E200 for joystick repair and refurb. Don't think I've heard much about it since...

I Purchased a c550 around a month a go I noticed when sending sms's to begin with the number 4 key was not as responsive as the rest but to be honest either i have got used to the problem or it has gone away.

Cheers

Steve