Anyone successfully synced c550 with WMP10?

Guest chedmaster

wot u mean drag album art across??

its not working on my sp5, i can't see album art on phone but se it on pc media player..

wot could be problem here?

plz expalin step by step

thankx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no problem with album art on the C550, I just drag the folder across to the phone and the art displays on WMP10 on the phone.

Im guessing here but it may have something to do with hidden files on the pc. Make sure you have the show hidden files option enabled on your PC before you copy the folder to the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder

Has anyone seen the C550 review in Stuff magazine this month?

Quote: "We were excited by the presence of WMP10 and support for protected WMA files but the process of loading it with tunes made us want to put it in an oven and watch it melt. Our review models had big problems syncing with WMP10 (and Napster To Go), although we have been assured that the pre-production Activesync problems have now been rectified."

Mmm, reassured by who? Orange try to deny the existence of any problem or simply "don't support the feature". If they do acknowledge there's an issue, they direct the customer to MS for advice they know does not exist.

Stuff goes on to say: "Having taken 3 years off my life expectancy trying to get two C550s to sync with three different PCs, I gave up and used drag-and-drop. Orange assures me that the Activesync difficulties have been sorted."

Another mmm, a long wait......... :roll:

Has anyone seen the C550 review in Stuff magazine this month?

Quote: "We were excited by the presence of WMP10 and support for protected WMA files but the process of loading it with tunes made us want to put it in an oven and watch it melt. Our review models had big problems syncing with WMP10 (and Napster To Go), although we have been assured that the pre-production Activesync problems have now been rectified."

Mmm, reassured by who? Orange try to deny the existence of any problem or simply "don't support the feature". If they do acknowledge there's an issue, they direct the customer to MS for advice they know does not exist.

Stuff goes on to say: "Having taken 3 years off my life expectancy trying to get two C550s to sync with three different PCs, I gave up and used drag-and-drop. Orange assures me that the Activesync difficulties have been sorted."

Another mmm, a long wait......... :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Given the way Orange are pushing Orange Music Player at the moment, I have a sneaky suspicion that they dont want to fix this problem!!!

• 1 month later...

dont know if this still lexists for anyone but i had this problem on my c550 - i thought i had the most up to date wmp10 as the auto update site didnt say it needed updating , but on maually donwloading and installing wmp from microsoft site it did actually update my version

now it syncs quite happily

I'm using version 10.00.00.3646

Which one you got delta9?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I followed delta's advice and by jove it worked! (version 10.00.00.3802) Cheers delta9. Now all I need it to do is sync album art :)

Guest pd.ryder

Ok.

Now I'm confused. I've opened WMP and asked it to check for updates. It's returned information stating it is the most up to date player (and it's components) and refuses to update.

What now? Should I visit the MS site and just download WMP again?

Can't see an alternative, so here goes..... :)

Guest s_cox_99

Didnt work for me I'm afraid. Exactly the same behaviour. And my wmp version is definately updated. So which version of activesync are the people who have it working using? Also have you installed the windows update for drm players available on the update site? (I have installed and activesync failed at both 3.8 and 4.1)

Ok.

Now I'm confused. I've opened WMP and asked it to check for updates. It's returned information stating it is the most up to date player (and it's components) and refuses to update.

What now? Should I visit the MS site and just download WMP again?

Can't see an alternative, so here goes..... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didnt work for me I'm afraid. Exactly the same behaviour. And my wmp version is definately updated. So which version of activesync are the people who have it working using? Also have you installed the windows update for drm players available on the update site? (I have installed and activesync failed at both 3.8 and 4.1)

My WMP10 said it was up to date but I downloaded the player from MS reinstalled it and it worked. Check your player version, the latest one is 10.00.00.3802

Guest pd.ryder

Got .3802 and ActiveSync4.1 on board now. I'll try a sync later today and post the result.

I'm not going to hold my breath though....

Oh, and I'm using XPsp2.

Guest dronkula

I've just tried it again with the new version of WMP10 (.3802) and it still doesn't work properly.

It seems to sync the music over, but when you try and play DRM protected content, it just skips over it - and that's all I want it for - to sync over the DRM stuff that I've legally bought online from sites like MSN Music.

I've got Activesync 4.1 as well.