A couple of Home screen queries

Guest SiDHEaD

Guest SiDHEaD

Hello,

Can anyone confirm the wallpaper size for the C550?

I notice you can't access the files in the Windows directory, which includes the homescreen files. I want to edit the default "Orange" layout, to take off the Orange World shyte for example. Any solution to this?

Guest Pagemakers
Hello,

Can anyone confirm the wallpaper size for the C550?

I notice you can't access the files in the Windows directory, which includes the homescreen files. I want to edit the default "Orange" layout, to take off the Orange World shyte for example. Any solution to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To access/copy/edit those files you need to unlock your phone.

The easiest way is to use the SDA_Applicationsunlock.exe file (works on the 500/550). (Search modaco for it or you can use the orange website to unlock).Then you can edit any file on the phone.

You may need to turn ON hidden files in your PC's Tools/Folder Options/View menu in order to see some of the ROM's files including possibly the default orange screens.

The orange home screen is quite a complicated beast to edit. You should brush up on your XML coding.

Hope that helps a bit.

Guest SiDHEaD

Thanks for your help!!

Found the file the other day, but it denied the copy. Will unlock and try again. XML not a problem, do a lot of XML work in my job :)

Guest Lemac

Ok any C550's out there I need you to test this its a rework of Tudors theme

lemac

:)

Smart mon plug

LCD plug

and City Time Plug

needed

ok scraped and starting again ;)

Edited by Lemac

Guest SilentlyScreaming

oops

didn't notice forum view had changed to not showing concurrent posts.

will try and delete post

can't find delete option, sorry...

original post read... 1) Think the wallpaper details have been talked through in this area, already, will go search

2) Similairly, remember seeing info from someone at SPV Developers, which was app unlocking via a registry edit, he explained this was a step further than over the air unlocking by Orange, which allows un signed apps to be installed. His suggestion for registry editing apparently enabled system files to be modified

Will post back if I find the thread again

I've tried the home screen, attached a screen shot

Text describing links at top is partially hidden on long names.

If i scroll down below upcoming appointments, nothing is selected, should I have seperately installed the other plug ins first? If I click, I am presented with stanbdard quick pick list of profiles.

Very nice on the eye.

Sorry if you need other info, just let me know

post-57458-1122842114_thumb.jpg

Edited by SilentlyScreaming

Guest spgster

Hi,

I have installed this homescreen, but not sure if I have set it up correctly.

I copied the JPG files into stor/app/home, then the apple folder into the same location, and then the xml file.

Settings|Homescreen

Homescreen layout = Apple Smart Monitor

Colour Scheme = Bliss

Background Image = apple_home

IS this correct?

Here are my observations:

1. The quick list icons at the top of the screen are slightly overwritten by the information bit (With the traffic lights and clock etc)

2. Highlighting goes to white, hence cannot see text against the background (probably to do with the"Bliss" setting?

3. I only see the home screen for this theme. None of the other screens are shown

I know it is probably my mistake, the screen looks great, so if you could pointme to my mistakes I would appreciate it!

Steve

Guest spgster

Hi,

I have worked out the images problem, I just set the background image to default and let the plugin do it for me....

By the way, this is a really nice screen layout!

Steve

Guest drblow

A quick tip for anyone making themes for the c550 - the softkeys take up the bottom 27 pixels, so background images need to be 293 x 240. Also, if you use the default iconbar plugin, it is hard coded to 27 pixels, so it wont respond to height settings. :)

Guest SiDHEaD
A quick tip for anyone making themes for the c550 - the softkeys take up the bottom 27 pixels, so background images need to be 293 x 240.  Also, if you use the default iconbar plugin, it is hard coded to 27 pixels, so it wont respond to height settings.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks that's a useful bit of info!