SPV C550 with HCB-300

Guest Techno

Guest Techno

Hi. I've got a HCB-300 bluetooth car kit which has worked fine with my Sony Ericsson T610 and my Sony Ericsson S700. It has also worked fine on Nokia's too. I've tried connecting it to my new SPV C550 and all seems to work fine but soon after it connects it drops the connection. Is there any reason why it does this? Being bluetooth, it should just work despite being different makes.

Thanks in advance

Guest pd.ryder

You're right - it should :roll: but BMW's built-in BT stuff only works with Moto's phones (I think it's Moto's anyway) which is just too daft to comprehend.

I don't know all the techno-babble but I'm on my 2nd 550 now and the first one threw out a few BT anomolies from time to time, such as refusing to drop the audio connection to the headset after a call and shoving all the phone's audio output through the BT headset - weird :??:

This second one hasn't (yet) suffered from this and behaves impeccably with my Moto HS810.

I'm still to test the likes of file transfer via BT because I ain't got a BT dongle yet. My old E200 could send files very well to almost any phone on the market (via SmartExplorer) but was very choosy about which ones it would receive from (so all my mates got my dodgey vids but I couldn't get theirs :exclaim: )

No help I know but..... :) ;) :roll:

Guest Techno

Still having problems with this. Keeps dropping the connection after a few seconds. Any help at all? Is there an updated for the C550 that fixes any bluetooth issues?