c550 /BlueTooth /GPS -which GPS software works?

Guest iain_hancock

Guest iain_hancock

Hi

Just got my SPV c550 and I read somewhere [before the phone arrived] that TomTom's Bluetooth implementation can prevent other BT capable software connecting to the GPS receiver. I really thought that was a known issue and there was a fix..

But stupidly I now can't find that post or any info anywhere so can I please ask:

1. Is that true? If so what is the workaround, please? links, detail all welcome. I dont want to order TT5 and find their drivers being obstructive to running other code that needs to communicate over BT.

2. Can anyone recommend other GPS software (not neccessarily routefinding, but other *interesting* BT> GPS enabled code ie , gpsdash, gpslogger, gpstuner etc that works on the 550 and that you find useful?

cheers , Iain

ps I do know about the screensize /reg key hacks presently needed for TT5 .

Guest ripnet

Hi,

I use Mapopolis and the GlobalSat BT-338 Bluetooth GPS with great success on the C550 - supports qvga natively, and the GPS is a new chipset that can (often!) get a GPS fix indoors :)

Mapopolis are also very good as regards customer service - they actually answer emails and know what they are talking about. They are also cheeper than TomTom. I have not tried TomTom

g

Guest davejerome

I use a Parrot Bluetooth carkit for my tomtom.

I just renamed the carkit "TomTom Wireless GPS" in the bluetooth devices menu and just like magic it worked.

• 2 months later...
Guest paquirrin

Hi everybody,

My Qtek 8010 works fine with demo versions of GpsTuner and GPSdash2. I could no try them for long time as the demo is only ten minutes. I am purshasing one of those in the next days.

Hi

Just got my SPV c550 and I read somewhere [before the phone arrived] that TomTom's Bluetooth implementation can prevent other BT capable software connecting to the GPS receiver.  I really thought that was a known  issue and there was a fix..

But stupidly I now can't find that post or any info anywhere so can I please ask:

1. Is that true?  If so what is the workaround, please? links, detail all welcome. I dont want to order TT5 and find their drivers being obstructive to running other code that needs to communicate over BT.

2. Can anyone recommend other GPS software (not neccessarily routefinding, but other *interesting* BT> GPS enabled code ie , gpsdash, gpslogger, gpstuner etc that works on the 550 and that you find useful?

cheers , Iain

ps I do know about the screensize /reg key hacks presently needed for TT5 .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>