spv e200 rom failure

Guest salvoflo

Guest salvoflo

hi my name is salvo i live in italy, i have a orange spv e200, i have istalled on my phone the rom 1.9.14.1, the rom do not work with italy mobile operator. i try to re install the original rom but the software sed me that is impossible. It is possible to reinstall the orange rom? if yes can you explain me the way? what is the best rom that work in italy whith spv e200?

Please help me :cry:

Guest Pondrew

Does the device boot up ok with the new rom? What exactly isn't working?

There was once a Smart rom that would lock a device to a particular network but that was a while ago. Most roms will work on most networks. The hardware is more important then the rom, i.e. determining what network band the device will run on...

hi my name is salvo i live in italy, i have a orange spv e200, i have istalled on my phone the rom 1.9.14.1, the rom do not work with italy mobile operator. i try to re install the original rom but the software sed me that is impossible. It is possible to reinstall the orange rom? if yes can you explain me the way? what is the best rom that work in italy whith spv e200?

Please help meĀ  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believed the latest ROM was v2.6.1.3 for Orange UK (although my understanding is that it comes from HTC) which I am running.

I had no particular problem with my update although at 30+ MB it took over 15 minutes to complete. Needless to say Orange never thought to advise me of the v2.6.1.3 update!

The screen is very clear about what steps to take & what to do if something goes wrong.

There is also help at Modaco - http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=109022

However, if you follow this link you will see reference to v2.7.5.1 at http://www.orange.ch/offers/phoneArchive/s...s=1126104926825 which has full installation instructions too.

I hope this helps, buona fortuna

Guest salvoflo

tanks lots guys , the problem is that the old rom work with the italian operator the new ask me a unlock network code, i had also notice that the bootloader is changed now is V.1.07.01 doc, and i try to reload the orange rom but the phone refuse the operation. can i reload the old rom ? if yes can you explain in wich way? or if no possible can i load a rom that work? with italian operator?

TANKS

Guest Pondrew

Think I've worked out what the problem might be...

See this thread here for a tool which temporarily sim unlocks the device as long as you stick with the same rom. I suspect this is how your E200 was originally unlocked and when you changed rom it reverted to being sim locked again.

@Drew_e, I'm running the latest SPV E200 in the UK. It's version 2.7.1.1. U sure it's an SPV E200 you're running? Or that you've updated to the latest rom?

I'm afraid the link from the Modaco web page for the download has been "suspended"

However, good news, there's a similad "fix" on http://www.slashphone.com/forums/showthrea...03&page=3&pp=15 - requires signing up for free membership to download the "fix"

Well it is difficult, if not impossible to search for or find ROM upgrades on the Orange web site.

It was through sheer luck, on Modaco I think, that I found the v2.6.1.3 ROM update, which in my submission facilitates longer battery life & improved screen legibility. It came out in April 2004 I think but I didn't know about it until this year.

You are right about the v2.7.1.1 on Orange UK which from examination this afternoon (courtesy of winrar) appears almost identical to v2.7.5.1 from Orange Switzerland which has been out since August 2004 :oops:

• 2 years later...
Guest thientan

my phone is spv e200 but boot up is dopod!

bootloader is v1.05 smartphone

i upgrade it to orgrane 2.7.5.1 but it's not work. it's hang up on 0%.

i try to upgrade it with VoUpgradeUT_GR_fixed_LATEST_280205 but it's run to 10% ang say error 113.

please help me.

i can go to bootloader and connect it. my windows regconized that is the windows ce device.

in the hard reset mode it's only have x storage format, and nothing.

what can i do now???