Orange SPV M1500

Guest dazza12

I've heard in the last day or so that Orange are to release this device as the M1500, expected to be sometime during October 2005.

The device has Windows Mobile 5, and will be the 2nd PDA phone Orange would have released with WM5 at that point (the M5000 being the first).

The specs are the same as the existing Alpine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheNerd
I really hope so. Had begun to despair that the Alpine would never be released on Orange...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have just been on the phone to Orange and the operator said the M1500 was released a couple of days ago. News to me as it's not on their website but then why would a mobile phone company care too much about an up to date website? :twisted:

Hope it is good news to you guys though.

Guest SPVGixer
Have just been on the phone to Orange and the operator said the M1500 was released a couple of days ago. News to me as it's not on their website but then why would a mobile phone company care too much about an up to date website?  :twisted:

Hope it is good news to you guys though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My 12 month contract ended a couple of months ago, and about 7 days ago I requested a PAC code. After hearing the M1500 was out I phoned O retentions - £130 on a £25 p/m tarrif.

After thinking a little I phoned O Upgrades and they told me the handset was not released, I told them it was but the kind lady told me it was on their system as 'under review' and so she couldn't quote a price.

Phoned retentions again, £129.99 and when I asked if that was their best price they said they couldn't move from it - even if I increased by monthly tarrif (my last two bills were around the £55-60 mark).

Bye bye O, after 8+ years. :twisted:

My 12 month contract ended a couple of months ago, and about 7 days ago I requested a PAC code.  After hearing the M1500 was out I phoned O retentions - £130 on a £25 p/m tarrif.

After thinking a little I phoned O Upgrades and they told me the handset was not released, I told them it was but the kind lady told me it was on their system as 'under review' and so she couldn't quote a price.

Phoned retentions again, £129.99 and when I asked if that was their best price they said they couldn't move from it - even if I increased by monthly tarrif (my last two bills were around the £55-60 mark).

Bye bye O, after 8+ years.  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in exactly the same situation. I want an M500 (& was offered one free of charge, only to then be told stock's unavailable). Today I was told the M1500 is replacing the M500 (eh?!?!), but if I want it I have to pay £129.99.

Humph.

Guest deccoo
I'm in exactly the same situation.  I want an M500 (& was offered one free of charge, only to then be told stock's unavailable).  Today I was told the M1500 is replacing the M500 (eh?!?!), but if I want it I have to pay £129.99.

Humph.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't phoned Orange yet to get a price on the M1500 but to be honest I'm not sure I even want it! The M500 was perfect in terns of size vs function and your adding a fair bit more bulk with the M1500! Are they going to be bringing the M500 back?

Any news on the Orange equivilant of the I Mate K-Jam?

Haven't phoned Orange yet to get a price on the M1500 but to be honest I'm not sure I even want it! The M500 was perfect in terns of size vs function and your adding a fair bit more bulk with the M1500! Are they going to be bringing the M500 back?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed: i want something i can fit in my pocket.

it'd make sense for it to come out as the M600, and pronto, but knowing Orange's recent record...

Guest Pondrew
...Today I was told the M1500 is replacing the M500 (eh?!?!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really really wish they wouldn't sprout such rubbish. The two are alternatives to each other, the M1500 IS better spec and has wifi but is certainly not a replacement for the M500. It's just a choice between the form factor (in the M500s favour) and the spec (in the M1500s favour).

Guest dazza12

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to informed speculation (ie, someone in the know but not high enough to make the decisions......), there is an Orange equivalent of the K-Jam due, but no release dates as yet. O2 are also looking to replace the XDA Mini with the same device. However, again there's no confirmation as to what they'll all call it.

I'm in exactly the same situation.  I want an M500 (& was offered one free of charge, only to then be told stock's unavailable).  Today I was told the M1500 is replacing the M500 (eh?!?!), but if I want it I have to pay £129.99.

Humph.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got an M1500, on a 25 quid a month contract for free from retentions. It's great, but I think if they'd have had the M500 I'd have gone for it, although I am hoping the wifi will prove it's worthwhile. I'm going to use it with skype as a home phone.

However, I Was hoping that M$ had sorted the USELESS F****G networking nightmare, but it appears they haven't... Still, it only took me a month to get it all sorted out on the 4150. Hmmmm. Anyone know of a 'how to' that actually walks you through setting up priority connections for when you're in range of a wifi access point so it overrides GPRS.

And while I'm on it, they don't seem to have bundled that useful GPRS connection monitoring app that everyone says is great on the M500. And when I installed pocket e-sword, messagease, and skype, something conflicted and I've had to unistall them all, as none would load...

Ahhh, technology.