New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
i think your problem there is that us 'superusers?' tend to get it right first time, and so you wont get a step -by- step because we think its easy.

I posted a step-by-step in Help & Advice a few days ago (and linked to it from this thread). Looks like I need to do so again, tho':

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=25600

Newbies: *please* read the whole thread in detail, us "superusers" (?) really do try to help. The first thing I did after finding the workaround was to make the above mentioned step-by-step guide so that others didn't have to go through the hassle I did....

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Am I missing something? Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried going through the official de-cert process again and received the confirmation on your SPV? If you do receive the confirmatiom, your SPV *is* unlocked. As a last resort - try uninstalling the apps, re-decerting, then installing them again.

Guest almark

I get to the page that shows a screenshot of what you should get once the phone is unlocked. When I click on OK, it takes me back to the beginning again. I switched off Zone Alarm, used IE, rather than Opera and I still get the same response - and nothing to my phone.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
I get to the page that shows a screenshot of what you should get once the phone is unlocked.  When I click on OK, it takes me back to the beginning again.  I switched off Zone Alarm, used IE, rather than Opera and I still get the same response - and nothing to my phone.

Wait a few minutes after running Action Register, then give it another try - I have a feeling that the registration in Orange's database might take a couple of minutes.

Guest almark

I seem to be going in circles here. I get to the last page, it clearly acknowledges my name mobile no. and IMEI. But I don't get anything sent to my phone nor does my phone appear to send anything.

Edit, I just checked the phone will not run uncertified apps.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

almark: OK - have you read the thread I've linked to from this thread (a few posts up)? Please write any further remarks/questions on this subject in that thread (it's in Help and Advice) so everyone can read them. Thanks :lol:

Guest TSCRYPTO

Ahhh...Chris...

That conjures up images of a big red bus crashing though a billboard, plunging into a quarry and exploding...

'PHEW, THAT WAS CLOSE'

K A B O O M!!!!!

:lol:

Superb .... Had my SPV for a couple of days now, unlocking seemed pretty daunting as I'm far from being a 'Superuser' but just did the 'Orange Unlock' in about 2 minutes ..... :lol:

I entered my number in the +4479******** format & it worked first time ..... Now I'm off to d/l some lovely uncertified apps & games ..... Cheers Peeps .... ;)

Manc.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
I never could get it to work!  But yes the page link seems to be disabled.

Not too surprising, the server's probably been mega-busy this last few days.

Guest elvie

What am I doing wrong!!

I've gone thought the process, received the 'phone is unlocked' message, but I still can't run uncertified programmes such as OrnetaNotepad.

Anybody got any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
...and there's mono on his mod's pedestal of power who should be setting a good example for us all ;)

What post? :lol:

elvie: Tried rebooting?