Orange SPV C600

Guest dm.wood

Guest dm.wood

Spoke to Orange customer services in th UK today and they have confirmed that the SPV C600 is presently in their review schedule. According to the customer service representive this means the phone should become avaialble in about 2-3 weeks!

When questioned further about the specifications the customer service rep checked his electronic training manual to see if the SPV C600 had been added to the manual. Surprise surprise it was there!

As there seems to be some confusion on whether or not WiFi is an included feature I asked the rep if it was.... the answer was YES ! In his training manual the specifications confirmed ..."access to corporate Wireless networks using WiFi technology"

In my book that's a big thumbs up for Orange! :( My contract is due for renewal so I cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on one of these!! :o

Guest dm.wood
Assuming that the electronic training manual is Orange specific (i.e. without wi-fi) and not device specific (i.e. wioth wi-fi)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh? Uhm I was talking to an ORANGE rep who I assume was looking at and ORANGE training manual..this assumption may be flawed but I would be surprised if Orange used generic training manuals for their phones.

Further to this the phone was listed in the manual as an SPV C600 as far as I know this model number is exclusive to Orange only.. and if its states that the SPV C600 has Wifi I would take this to mean the Orange version of the phone.

Take it as you wish ... I am banking on this phone coming with built in Wifi :o

Guest Pondrew
Take it as you wish ... I am banking on this phone coming with built in Wifi  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't get us wrong. We hope you're right. But so much has pointed to the contrary...

...I spose it IS possible they heeded the outcry here when it was suggested not to have it and changed their specification (as Disco Stu has pointed out it's too early to be sure one way or the other and last minutes changes do happen)

Don't get us wrong. We hope you're right. But so much has pointed to the contrary...

...I spose it IS possible they heeded the outcry here when it was suggested not to have it and changed their specification (as Disco Stu has pointed out it's too early to be sure one way or the other and last minutes changes do happen)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

indeed if the phones arnt actually in production yet.. its very easy for orange to say... actaully yeh lets put in that Wifi Module.