I-Mate SP5

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

Another odd one. If you turn Wifi on and then let your phone go into standby. Wifi goes to sleep. During this time if your phone polls your email account, instead of waking up the wifi, it wakes up the GPRS and uses that instead.

Guest kalantz

Hi,

regarding quality is it like the SP3i or better? Does the device has any aluminium parts or it is made from plastic?

kalantz

Edited by kalantz

Guest Pondrew
Another odd one.  If you turn Wifi on and then let your phone go into standby.  Wifi goes to sleep.  During this time if your phone polls your email account, instead of waking up the wifi, it wakes up the GPRS and uses that instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not surprising wifi goes to sleep on standby. The battery implications otherwise would be awful. And the behaviour with regards GPRS over wifi doesn't surprise me. Wifi and GPRS have trouble co-existing on the the Pocket PC Phones with wifi integrated.

Guest dalyboy

Hi

Does anyone know where this handset is available on a upgrade to my current contract? I'm on a vodafone UK contract, which is up for an upgrade in about 6 weeks. I can't really justify paying over £300 on top of my tarriff considering I already have an sp3i.

cheers

dalyboy

Guest martin
Hi

Does anyone know where this handset is available on a upgrade to my current contract? I'm on a vodafone UK contract, which is up for an upgrade in about 6 weeks. I can't really justify paying over £300 on top of my tarriff considering I already have an sp3i.

cheers

dalyboy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could actually leave Vodafone at the end of the contract and ask for your PAC code, then goto www.mobilefun.co.uk and order an imate SP5 on a Vodafone contact and fill in your PAC code and mobile number in the order form :o

Guest dalyboy

thanks for that martin, but are you sure that will work? I thought the PAC could only be used when moving networks, I want to stay with vodafone.

I don't wan't to risk losing my number as I've had it a few years and would couse some inconvenience. But if you think it's fairly safe, let me know.

thanks again

Guest shuurajou
Oh and it boots up in half the time of the C500/550

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup - so good :o. I'm not totally impressed with the camera quality right now - but not tested it very thoroughly.

Guest flywest

WOW that device is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Question 1...

How is the sound quality, better than the smt5600?? in what way??

Is it bluetooth 1.2??

How fast is menu navigating?? Compared to 5600?

Notice any differences with the new processor?? One thing I always noticed with my JAM and smt5600 is that when a call comes in while in a program or coming out of standby, the phone is a little slow to respond in answering and slow to change display, any improvement here??

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. Cant wait to get this phone!!

Guest TigerNet
Can you sync over WiFi?

Is the miniSD slot still under the battery?

Is it 850 or 900 band?

...er...you CAN sync over WiFi to an exchange server...

Cheers

Nick

Guest shuurajou

Pagemakers, have you managed to get MMS working yet?

I'm aware of the MMSC settings - I've put all the relevant details in there but I'm not sure what to put into the connects to field - there's no option for MMS; obviously the MMSC settings need to link to the GPRS connection for MMS that is setup in connections (which contains the MMS apn etc).

Any luck for yourself?

AAgggggggghhhhhhh....u guys gonna make me broke...is so want one:) time to bring out that stash of money in the cookie jar :o

Though i am going for the sp5m i like music buttons :(

Zim

btw where is the best place to get it from?

Guest Pagemakers
WOW that device is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Question 1...

How is the sound quality, better than the smt5600?? in what way??

Is it bluetooth 1.2??

How fast is menu navigating??  Compared to 5600?

Notice any differences with the new processor??  One thing I always noticed with my JAM and smt5600 is that when a call comes in while in a program or coming out of standby, the phone is a little slow to respond in answering and slow to change display, any improvement here??

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.  Cant wait to get this phone!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Yes - No issues at all.

2) Bluetooth 1.1

3) It it about the same speed.

Guest Pagemakers
Pagemakers, have you managed to get MMS working yet?

I'm aware of the MMSC settings - I've put all the relevant details in there but I'm not sure what to put into the connects to field - there's no option for MMS; obviously the MMSC settings need to link to the GPRS connection for MMS that is setup in connections (which contains the MMS apn etc).

Any luck for yourself?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. I just used the Orange setting from the Imate website.

Guest Cabana
...er...you CAN sync over WiFi to an exchange server...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm more concerned with syncing music - it's sooooo slow over USB 1.1, I don't get why they didn't improve that.

My question is :

WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM ???

I got a Vodafone contract and would love to upgade to it, else set up somwhere else with it.

HOW

WHERE

WHEN?

Ta muchly

Guest lapimate

SP3 Win Mob SM 2003 would check only one e-mail account automatically, being only whichever messaging account was last in the foreground (eg if the SMS account were in foreground no e-mail account would ever be checked!) Can SP5 check all e-mail accounts (eg. "private" & "work" accounts), and irrespective of which messaging account last viewed?

Thanks

Guest Pagemakers
How are the homescreen themes for WM5, as well as the camera app?  And can you post them?  (I think that is legit, but sorry if it isn't)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd say it is about the same as my C550

Guest Pagemakers
My question is :

WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM ???

I got a Vodafone contract and would love to upgade to it, else set up somwhere else with it.

HOW

WHERE

WHEN?

Ta muchly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got it on Oct 6th from Mobile Fun in Birmingham.

Cost was about £264. I think (I'm on a coach)!