Phantom SMS

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Here is a solution to fixing the Phantom SMS without having to delete your cemail.vol file and nuking all of your texts/mail.

firstly you need some sort of database editor such as dbviewsp.zip

1) use the DBViewSP editor to go to IPSMcemail.vol

2) under that go to 'pmailNamedProps' and select it to edit the values

3) scroll down to the very last 2 values, which should be called 'UnreadCou...'

4) delete them

5) restart

6) smile coz u just got rid of that damn annoying message thing!! :wink:

If the problem persists here is another varient with a cab file to help.

1. Does your homescreen counter display 4294967295 Emails or

2. Do you see a -1 in your Inbox folder ?.even if you had successfully followed EMGenius instructions on fixing phantom sms without loosing stuff? What to do?

Download fix here: PhantomEmail_Buster.CAB Copy installer to storage card and click on the cab file to install. Select destination directory.

3. Click on the “Phantom Fix” link on your Programs Folder to fix bug.

4. Restart phone.

Credit EMGenius

• 3 years later...
Guest theGeneva
Here is a solution to fixing the Phantom SMS without having to delete your cemail.vol file and nuking all of your texts/mail.

firstly you need some sort of database editor such as dbviewsp.zip

1) use the DBViewSP editor to go to IPSMcemail.vol

2) under that go to 'pmailNamedProps' and select it to edit the values

3) scroll down to the very last 2 values, which should be called 'UnreadCou...'

4) delete them

5) restart

6) smile coz u just got rid of that damn annoying message thing!! :wink:

If the problem persists here is another varient with a cab file to help.

1. Does your homescreen counter display 4294967295 Emails or

2. Do you see a -1 in your Inbox folder ?.even if you had successfully followed EMGenius instructions on fixing phantom sms without loosing stuff? What to do?

Download fix here: PhantomEmail_Buster.CAB Copy installer to storage card and click on the cab file to install. Select destination directory.

3. Click on the “Phantom Fix” link on your Programs Folder to fix bug.

4. Restart phone.

Credit EMGenius

Thank you Thank you Thank you - this has sorted out my very irritating problem when the DBView fix wouldn't.

Keep up the great work!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Glad I could help :)

This post was made a long time ago when it used to reside in what we called the Information Section.

this was disbanded when the MoDaCo wiki came to life but unfortunately most of the content in the Information Section did not get transfered over to the wiki and has been lost in to the depths of MoDaCo's old posts :D

• 1 year later...
Guest sidhb
Glad I could help :(

This post was made a long time ago when it used to reside in what we called the Information Section.

this was disbanded when the MoDaCo wiki came to life but unfortunately most of the content in the Information Section did not get transfered over to the wiki and has been lost in to the depths of MoDaCo's old posts :(

Hello!

This thread is my last hope. I have 1 unread SMS in the inbox - but a phantom. Downloaded the nice tool dbviewsp.zip but it does not work on my device (XDA Diamond, Win 6.1). Can not find any files inside.

What to do?

• 2 months later...
Guest Appocalypse

Hi ther i have tried via regedit, DBviewSP, and Phantom e-mail cab, but when i re-start the phone all the entries come back again.

I am F*** P*** of* with this sh** some one could help me i am thinking that the messages still there but with no subject and no from name so i cant click on them. i have one omnia 2 with this 6.5.3 rom http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...oms-lite-pt-br/