Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Guest chaznet

Where'd you find the keypad-light utility? When I try to download from the iMate website, the page for it says 'coming soon'...?

I'll be entering these keys manually. Can someone please:

a) Confirm that what I need to create in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI is a value and not a key, and

;) Tell me what kind of key (string or bindary or DWORD etc.)

In return, I can happily announce to everyone that the MSFP-containing ROM Update from i-mate for the SP5 does everythign they say, and does it nicely. Direct Push e-mail works like a charm, and the utility for increasing the time that the keybad light stays on also works nicely and is an extremely welcome fix.

Guest leoiden
Where'd you find the keypad-light utility? When I try to download from the iMate website, the page for it says 'coming soon'...?

I second that request to share !!

Guest othoca

Hi to u all,

i've an SP5m and i've read somewhere (some time ago) HOW to move ring tones (i mean the sounds i can choose to play when i receive a call .. or on a new incoming sms/mms) from ram to my mini sd. May u help me to find that tricks? Thanks

Othoca

PS

I'd like to move not only the ringtone i use .. but ALL the ring tones so that i could choose sounds from a folder on my Mini SD instead of in Ram. Is it possible? and if yes how?

Edited by othoca

Guest Snooginsguy
Hi to u all,

i've an SP5m and i've read somewhere (some time ago) HOW to move ring tones (i mean the sounds i can choose to play when i receive a call .. or on a new incoming sms/mms) from ram to my mini sd. May u help me to find that tricks? Thanks

Othoca

PS

I'd like to move not only the ringtone i use .. but ALL the ring tones so that i could choose sounds from a folder on my Mini SD instead of in Ram. Is it possible? and if yes how?

Put them straight on the storage card, with no subfolder. That's it!

Guest catman3
http://www.imate.com/t-device_sp5_utilities.aspx

I got it from here. At the bottom. You have to login with your imate ID.

You can do the same thing by tweaking your registry:

hklm/software/htc/KEYPAD/

Change value name: KB_LIGHT_TIMEOUT value to a higher number that fits your liking as to how long you want the keypad to stay on when pressed.

I have only tested this on the most recent I-Mate SP5m ROM (i-mate SP5m WWE 2.6.331.2 )and do not know how it would work on others.

Guest catman3

Here's a camera tweak I use that adds a date folder in your default picture/video save area for every picture or video you take.

hklm/software/htc/camera/captparam

Change value name: EnableDateFolder value to a 1 to enable; 0 to disable

I have only tested this on the most recent I-Mate SP5m ROM (i-mate SP5m WWE 2.6.331.2 )and do not know how it would work on others.

Guest Qtek8310

Change value name: KB_LIGHT_TIMEOUT value to a higher number that fits your liking as to how long you want the keypad to stay on when pressed.

Registry tweak also works on my Qtek 8310. Value is milli seconds. I changed it from 5000 to 10000 ms. That's from 5 till 10s.

Phone doesn't need a reboot to make it work.

Thanks for your tweak!

Guest chaznet

THANK YOU!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PaceUK

has anyone with an sp5 mananged to change their startup screen?

I have managed to change the shutdown but for some reason the first startup wont chage, despite the image being the same as the second and the shutdown...

Guest rdwars
Does any one knows how to change the default URL when you click on the IE shortkey (on SP5M). Buy default it sends me to the imate.com.

Thank you

Alex

Well yes. Go to the Windows map and copy Short_AP1.lnk to your computer.

Change the contents of the file to ie.:

23#\Windows\iexplore.exe http://www.google.nl

Now, if you open IE from the Start Menu it opens Google instead of the standard imate.com website.

Also the file Long_AP1.lnk contains 23#\Windows\iexplore.exe http://www.imate.com

But when I had changed these values, nothing happened. But, I have to admit I hadn't restarted my phone meanwhile. So, perhaps that one does work after a restart of your phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest edd32

hello all

whats the tweak to auto-lock keypad ?

i know one can press the red key for a sec or so to enable keypad lock but i wanted to lock it automatically after, say 2 min.

cheers !

:)

• 1 month later...
Guest rasncain
Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does :)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

;)

I need this tweek of course, but everytime I try to apply it I end up with my storage card being renamed to "storage card2" and a folder "storage card" created that is not really the storage card.

Any ideas?

Guest dgpulos

Hi there

I have a small problem with my qtek 8310 phone. Last week i try to change profiles from the power button and the numbers were replaced by letters!! Under menu/ settings the same think happen!! Sub menus have the same problem! I really don't know if other people experience the same problem but i have no idea how to fix it. it's probably a matter of a registry edit but i have no clue where to go and what to change.

I looked around in the forum but i didn't find anything. Any help how to fix this problem, or a link where to go for a solution will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Guest bbrockie
Hi there

I have a small problem with my qtek 8310 phone. Last week i try to change profiles from the power button and the numbers were replaced by letters!! Under menu/ settings the same think happen!! Sub menus have the same problem! I really don't know if other people experience the same problem but i have no idea how to fix it. it's probably a matter of a registry edit but i have no clue where to go and what to change.

I looked around in the forum but i didn't find anything. Any help how to fix this problem, or a link where to go for a solution will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Hi there

I've got a solution right here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Advent

Disable charging over USB

If your device can charge over USB, you can probably disable this feature by setting:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 0 (DWORD decimal)

And to re-enable:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 1 (DWORD decimal)

Guest rkdiddy

I have a 2125 with the latest sp5 rom. Has anyone else noticed when receiving a call and the keypad is locked you can't adjust the speaker volume. I've searched everywhere and can't find any info on this...I can't be the only one this issue.

The screen shows the volume is being adjusted but the volume doesn't change.

Help?????

I need this tweek of course, but everytime I try to apply it I end up with my storage card being renamed to "storage card2" and a folder "storage card" created that is not really the storage card.

Any ideas?

Hi

this is caused by missing storage card on device or mail application startup...

as it dont see \storage card, it creates a normal folder named "storage card", to put the mails.

and after your card is renamed "storage card2" because of existing folder "storage card".

Guest Snooginsguy
Hi

this is caused by missing storage card on device or mail application startup...

as it dont see \storage card, it creates a normal folder named "storage card", to put the mails.

and after your card is renamed "storage card2" because of existing folder "storage card".

So, how do you avoid that? Why is the storage card not missing on some devices to make this hack work, and it is missing on others?

So, how do you avoid that? Why is the storage card not missing on some devices to make this hack work, and it is missing on others?

unfortunatly, I don't have the solution.... it may be the storage card driver loaded "too late", on boot process on some devices...