Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Guest namiran
Got one for the backlight???  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heres one for you that changes the backlight :)

Tip4:

To turn turning of the backlight in a shorter time just do the following

Start regedit and go to

HKCU/ControlPanel/Backlight

Value [batteryTimeout]

change it to however many seconds you want, nowdays i have this set to 10 and the power timeout set to 15

Also, If anybody out there has a Qtek 8310 or maybe a SP5, you may not use your contacs button too much and when using the phone for music often, you may want to set your contacts button to Media Player. Well heres how to do this :D

Tip5:

Unlock your phone using the previous posted method and download the attached file unzip it and drop it into you "/Windows" directory replacing the existing file. You dont even need a restart, enjoy your new WMP button :)

Request: now if someone would come up with how to turn this button into -play/pause or -next track mode that will be great! maybe someone with a qtek 8300 or imate sp5m can open there "Short_AP1.lnk" files in notepad and give us the sayings ;)

Short_AP1.zip

Edited by namiran

Guest tha_neo

NICE WORK DUDE!! LOVE THAT MEDIA PLAYER BUTTON :D

Tip4:

Start regedit and go to

Value [batteryTimeout]

change it to however many seconds you want, nowdays i have this set to 10 and the power timeout set to 15

Also, If anybody out there has a Qtek 8310 or maybe a SP5, you may not use your contacs button too much and when using the phone for music often, you may want to set your contacts button to Media Player. Well heres how to do this :D

Tip5:

Unlock your phone using the previous posted method and download the attached file unzip it and drop it into you "/Windows" directory replacing the existing file. You dont even need a restart, enjoy your new WMP button :)

Request: now if someone would come up with how to turn this button into -play/pause or -next track mode that will be great! maybe someone with a qtek 8300 or imate sp5m can open there "Short_AP1.lnk" files in notepad and give us the sayings ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Cybertronic
Tip5:

Unlock your phone using the previous posted method and download the attached file unzip it and drop it into you "/Windows" directory replacing the existing file. You dont even need a restart, enjoy your new WMP button ;)

Request: now if someone would come up with how to turn this button into -play/pause or -next track mode that will be great! maybe someone with a qtek 8300 or imate sp5m can open there "Short_AP1.lnk" files in notepad and give us the sayings :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it possible for you do a TCPMP one? :D

Guest willneale
Here is also a link with instruction to unlock the SP5 and SP5m

http://spaces.msn.com/members/xpworld/Blog...A!198.entry

Required files attached

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK - I have done some analysis as to why this isn't working. I made the recommended 3 changes to the registry, but when executing the unlock utility it then changes 2 of these values to something else. Is this intended?

It still isn't working for me on my 8300 - any help to resolve would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chaznet

Thanks, and sorry, I meant the keypad light -- got my terms mixed up -- have one for that?

Tip4:

Start regedit and go to

Value [batteryTimeout]

Tip5:

Unlock your phone using the previous posted method and download the attached file unzip it and drop it into you "/Windows" directory replacing the existing file. You dont even need a restart, enjoy your new WMP button :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psybill

does anybody know how to disable the sim menu(STK) on qtek 8310? there is nothing to delete in windows\startup folder, and if I just delete it from start menu folder it comes back on every restart!!

Paul/Will's repeating Alarms Hack

http://www.modaco.com/Repeating_Alarml_Whe...tl-t231201.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An addition to this hack. If you want repeating ringtone's, then you should do this:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtone0 value Script set to apr

If you want the phone to also vibrate, then set to av0pr .

This hack is needed, because when you set the Ring Type in your phone's profile to Vibrate and Ring (or anything else), there seems to be a pause always when repeating the ringtone.

A list of Registry-values for all Ring Types:

Ring              = apw3r

Ring Once         = p

Increasing Ring   = c50apw3c150r

Vibrate           = av3w3r

Vibrate then Ring	= v3w3apw3r

Vibrate and Ring  = av0pw3r

Silent            = a

The value w3 seems to pause the repeating.

But this registry-setting is overwritten when you switch to another profile. There should be some registry-setting to add a new Ring Type, but I could not find it.

Edited by OKA133

Just a little detail :

you wrote :

A list of Registry-values for all Ring Types:

-> "all Ring Types".

If you put a script with something like "a.........r" for the SMS, your phone will never stop when you will receive a new SMS.(you will have to reboot to stop it).

Change it by deleting the "r" parameter and repeating the sequence.

For example, simply, for 3 times : av1p1w2v1p1w2v1p1 :)

Guest wired&connected

Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does ;)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

:D

Edited by wired&connected

Dont know if this is old..

I did get so annoyed that my smartphone Qtek 8310 didnt send larger MMS then 250kb.

I looked in the registy .. and edited this values ..

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/61921/

Value:

SendDefault = 1256000

Wap1DefaultSize = 1256000

and or if U use WAP 2.0

Wap2DefaultSize = 1256000

Now it works up to around 1.2 mb ;)

EDITED

::::oR even better:::::

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/UI/sizelimit/

Value:

Sendlimit 1-3 as U want them :D

3 as 1024000 is my choice.

it gives U 1000k send limit.

Now U can change them in MMSC settings.

(Change them to what Ur provider lets U send.)

Best Regards Carlis

Edited by Carlis

Guest borispog

How about quick fix for Voice Dial problem with Bluetooth headset in WM5?

i did this:

1) go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway registry key.

2) add Value: Capability = 37 This enables Voice Tag support.

3) add Value: OutgoingCallOption = 1 That controls how outgoing calls handled.

This worked like a charm on my SMT5600 with WM5. If i press and hold "dial" button on headset, it works in the same way as it did with WM2003 and connects to the the phone without trying to actually dial anything since there are no voice tags.

Perfect for MP3 player.

Guest gacajun
Thanks, and sorry, I meant the keypad light -- got my terms mixed up -- have one for that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kind of a bump....does anyone have a regedit that will allow the keypad light to stay on a little longer. I've looked through the registry and this thread but can not find any mention of the keypad light.

Guest marco899
Kind of a bump....does anyone have a regedit that will allow the keypad light to stay on a little longer.  I've looked through the registry and this thread but can not find any mention of the keypad light.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do some search and you will see that it is an hardware issue.

This tweak lets you display the Edge icon [E] instead of always showing the [G] for GPRS. I have a Qtek 8310

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL

dword: EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon = 1

Credit goes to sooby77 and Vishny on another forum

orig.jpg

Edited by felipe

Guest schriss
This tweak lets you display the Edge icon [E] instead of always showing the [G] for GPRS. I have a Qtek 8310

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL

orig.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent tweak!! I wonder why is it not enabled by default... :roll:

Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

Thanks for that! unfortunatly id doesnt seem to be working for me ;)

Guest Killian

Not much of a tweak but it is my first registry edit I’ve done that works………. Kind of chuffed with myself.

8)

To change whats displayed as “No upcoming appointments” to something of your choice then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, System, State, Appointments, HomeScreen and edit the ‘subject’ string. Change the value to whatever you want displayed. The good thing about it is that as soon as an appointment is added or comes up then it returns to its default value to keep you informed.

I don’t really use my calendar so is no real problem for me.

If somebody else has already posted this elsewhere then don’t tell me will you, it is Christmas time afer all, let me wallow in my glory!!!!

;)

Killian

Guest Berggren
Not much of a tweak but it is my first registry edit I’ve done that works………. Kind of chuffed with myself.

8)

To change whats displayed as “No upcoming appointments”  to something of your choice then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, System, State, Appointments, HomeScreen and edit the ‘subject’ string.  Change the value to whatever you want displayed.  The good thing about it is that as soon as an appointment is added or comes up then it returns to its default value to keep you informed.

I don’t really use my calendar so is no real problem for me.

If somebody else has already posted this elsewhere then don’t tell me will you, it is Christmas time afer all, let me wallow in my glory!!!!

;)

Killian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much! This has been a problem and question for me a long time

in my home screen making, and i thought i'd tried everything!

Once again.. Thank you!! :D

update: seems that the registry edit for the email and attachments seem to be working for me, took a while!

hmm... we will see if it actually works when i get below 1MB on main storage... gives me the annoying "you are running out of space..."

that was a headache before I hard reset my device lol

On my C500 I always had GPRS permanently on and I never noticed a decrease in battery life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry but if you always had it on how would u know the difference ;)

i find that Leaving GPRS connected reduces a fully charged battery to about 40% overnight :/

but maybe my battery is screwed

Edited by b0bby

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL

orig.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone with an SP5 get this to work? It doesn't seem to work on mine!!!