Mac (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest Jamma14

[1343]Mac.gif

File Name :: Mac (c550)

Author :: Jamma14

Category :: Smartphone Homescreens QVGA

Description ::

EDIT: Uploaded .hme file for you lazy ppl. ;)

Extract zip to your phone and run the hme from there.

EDIT2: Fixed a "bug".

EDIT3: Working on non orange phones and WM5!

Check the first two pages in THIS thread and use the WM2003regsrvce in the zip. For WM5, make sure to read HERE as well and use the WM5regsrvce in the zip, and after installing the .hme replace the xml in \Application Data\Home with the WM5 one in the zip.

Thanks to:

looeee

XNUK

fearomoon

and myself :D

for getting this working.

No asking for the .dll!

Includes:

---Shortcuts to:

-Task Manager

-Orneta Notepad

-Windows Media Player

-Multimedia Album

-Smart Explorer

-TCPMP

(If you have a problem with the links to any of the shortcuts they can easily be changed in the xml).

---Calendar Plugin

---Carrier Plugin

---Time Plugin

---Smart Monitor Plugin

---MRU Plugin

Note that the Orange plugin is needed ie. you need an orange phone for this homescreen to work.

I put a lot of work into this so hope it is appreciated. Enjoy! :D

PS. Thanks for Dr Blow for helping me with the Orange Plugin. :(

Comments would be welcomed. :D

Updated Mon, Jan 30 2006 9:55 pm

View File

Guest PureKaos

Nice theme Jamma, just a couple of questions as i'm still new to all this Spv stuff, Installed the theme ok, its just that the icons are in the middle of the screen not at the bottom, theres no battery or storage icons either.

Do i need to download the plugins seperatly to the theme, if so where can i find them.

And yes its an Orange phone!

Thx.

Kaos

Yeah, same happening with mine - and I have the smart monitor plugin installed.

BTW, it's a sweet sweet homescreen.

EDIT: Here's how it looks c550shot1lu.th.jpg

Edited by Gavin

Guest Jamma14

Thanks. ;)

Just tested the hme and it worked for me.

Okay Gavin, you probably have the wrong version. Unistall your old smartmonitor plugin and get the one you need HERE.

And @ Kaos and anyone else with the problem, follow the link - it leads you straight to the latest 2003 version of the plugin.

HTH :D

Jamma

Let me know how it goes.

EDIT: Wooo, 450 posts!! I'm catchin you Ash!! :D

Edited by Jamma14

Guest bobby_uk

hi Jamma,

i have spv c 500 and i have downloaded ur great program thx for it... :D but dont know to install monitorplug.ARM :cry: as im new to spv i can see files and no exe file can you please guide me in installation process... I can see one xml file and rest are only file as extension....

thx in advance... ;)

regards

Bob

Edited by bobby_uk

Guest Jamma14

@Gavin: Thanks, you're making me blush :oops: ;)

@Bobby: Wot Disco Stu said. But also, I'm afraid this won't work on your c500, it's only for c550s at the mo.

Very, very nice. You've done a sterling job, I really like this screen ;).

One suggestion - is it possible to display upcoming appointments on the main screen, rather than just when you highlight it at the bottom?

Cheers!

--Rich

Guest Jamma14
Very, very nice.  You've done a sterling job, I really like this screen ;).

One suggestion - is it possible to display upcoming appointments on the main screen, rather than just when you highlight it at the bottom?

Cheers!

--Rich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers. :D

I'm afraid it would take a complete overhaul of the code to do that and I'd have to remove some plugins and things.

It isn't really neccessary anyway, because the good thing about the orange plugin is it remembers your position no matter if you lock it, run a program or even reboot the phone. So if you just have the calendar selected then whenever you go back to you homescreen it will display your appointments.

James

Fair enough ;).

Something I noticed today - when the keypqad is locked, if you receive a text the screen doesn't update until you unlock the keypad. This is a major ballache for me, as I ride a motorcycle and generally cannot hear my phone. When I stop, I pull the phone out and see if I've missed anything - unlocking the keypad with gloves on is a right pain :D.

Can it be changed at all? I'm assuming it'll behave in the same fashion when a call is missed?

--Rich

Guest Jamma14
Fair enough ;).

Something I noticed today - when the keypqad is locked, if you receive a text the screen doesn't update until you unlock the keypad.  This is a major ballache for me, as I ride a motorcycle and generally cannot hear my phone.  When I stop, I pull the phone out and see if I've missed anything - unlocking the keypad with gloves on is a right pain :D.

Can it be changed at all?  I'm assuming it'll behave in the same fashion when a call is missed?

--Rich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh I noticed that too. :?:

Not too much of a problem for me as I can hear and feel my phone most of the time.

Not sure why it happens so there's nothing I can do at the mo. If I can find a fix I'll upload a fixed xml for ya.

James

Edited by Jamma14

I have him also on my SPV C550 but dubble screen i have download the new plugin from the link you gave, i have put it in my phone but it is a xml file, i don't have orange world.

where must i put this map, and do i need orange world to install this plugin???

because i'm in love on MAC and i'm going crazy if i have it and it works.

Please help me

Guest Jamma14
I have him also on my SPV C550 but dubble screen i have download the new plugin from the link you gave, i have put it in my phone but it is a xml file, i don't have orange world.

where must i put this map, and do i need orange world to install this plugin???

because i'm in love on MAC and i'm going crazy if i have it and it works.

Please help me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No...forget Orange World - the only thing you need from them smartphone wise is ripping you off.

What you need to do is this:

1. Download the file from the link I gave.

2. Do not unzip it! It is a .cab file that installs on the smartphone. Just activesync it across to you phone.

3. Put it in Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories

4. Go the accessories folder in your phones start menu and it will be there. Click on it.

5. It will now install itself.

6. Go into settings, homescreen and change the homescreen to something, click done, then go back in and reselect Mac. (This is just to refresh the homescreen so the newly installed plugin will display).

Hopefully that'll sort it for ya.

Let me know if you get it working or if you have a problem or want me to clarify something.

James ;)

ok thnks i have full screen but there is one thing i still have start and contact under on the screen can i make that away or is that staying there

But it works en some of the shortcuts are not working like Notepad, Quiketime, Explorer and MRU.

how can i fix that?

Guest Jamma14
ok thnks i have full screen but there is one thing i still have start and contact under on the screen can i make that away or is that staying there

But it works en some of the shortcuts are not working like Notepad, Quiketime, Explorer and MRU.

how can i fix that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MRU is just the most recently used plugin, it shows you the last program you used and if you click on it, it opens that application. How is it not working??

For the others, they link to third party (all free and worth installing) applications:

--Orneta Notepad (download trial and you can get a reg code HERE)

--TCPMP

--Smart Explorer

And as for you wanting to get rid of your start menu - no there is no way. And why would you want to? You couldn't get to any of your phone's applications if you did that! ;)

By the way, welcome to the forum! Have a look HERE for information for new smartphone users.

Hope you can get the screen working to your satisfaction. 8)

James

• 2 weeks later...

easy mate, love the homescreen, having problems with tcpmp shortcut, i have uninstalled & re-installed both mac & tcpmp programmes and still no shortcut, please could you help.

many thanx

snomc

Guest SorinIndustries

Thanks for the file, it looks great only i have the same problem as af few of the the people who posted, the icons are in the middle of the screen. I tried to go to the link you provided but the webpage just comes up as code! Is there another page i can get the file from?

Thanks for the file, it looks great only i have the same problem as af few of the the people who posted, the icons are in the middle of the screen. I tried to go to the link you provided but the webpage just comes up as code! Is there another page i can get the file from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to download SmartMonitor (The plugin that displays battery etc...)

Also I'd like to note that this homescreen was designed for the C550, not the C500 which i believe you are using (according to your device name on your profile)

Wal :)

easy mate, love the homescreen, having problems with tcpmp shortcut, i have uninstalled & re-installed both mac & tcpmp programmes and still no shortcut, please could you help.

many thanx

snomc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May be that the links were created to link to the programmes stored on your phoen and you have stored them on your storage card.

Not the definate reason why its just a guess!

Guest SorinIndustries
Also I'd like to note that this homescreen was designed for the C550, not the C500 which i believe you are using (according to your device name on your profile)
Oh dear, how embarassing! Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.