M5000 Released to new custoemrs

Guest millay

Guest rickyburke
eggedd2k Posted Today, 11:25 the main problem us upgraders are going to face is availability

Dont worry, Orange has 3 seperate supplies, one for new customers, one for upgrades and one for insurance replacements.

so shouldnt be a problem upgrading, providing you get in quick before even all the upgrade stock goes!

Guest rickyburke

Want some good news?? well sorry i haven't got any, but the people i got my phone from last year (onestopphoneshop.co.uk) just phoned me to see if i wanted to stay with them for another year and upgrade my phone,

"yes" i said, "i'm just waiting for the release of the M5000",

"oh" he said, "that's been delayed until the first quarter of 2006, we're expecting them in February"

I really hope he's got that wrong!

i've been watching this forum for a week or so...

I'm hoping to get the m5000 the day it is available as an upgrade... looking like the back end of next week now but i'm going to ring them in a bit just in case...

I've been with orange for 8 years and have been hanging on for months for the m5000, orange tried to fob me off with an m2000 a couple of weeks ago!

Whats the best tariff deal anyone has been offered..? I dont ming changing but need 500 mins and probs about 50mb of data.

I currently have the old orange access pack which gives "unlimited" gprs for £4 a month (10MB fair usage policy) but I used 25MB last month with no repercussions... hence, this is one thing which is making my hold out as that'd be useful with the m5000. It's stopped me moving to t-mobile for £99 (400mins and 40mb a month for £50 (£25 for 9 months)) which is a pretty tempting deal.

Anyway..

I am spending £80 a month at the moment (on crappy talk 120) I need to change tariffs so what do people reccommend? Should I expect to get it for free? Orange offered me 500 mins and 150 texts for £30 a month (with the first 6 months for £15) then i'd keep my orange access pack and add on some 3g data...

any suggestions, the lowest they went on the m2000 was £49.99 with that deal, should i push further, ask for my PAC?

Also, why does orange and 02 quote 285g and t-mobile 210g, o2 and t-mobile are both selling it now and so surely know what the true weight is!

man, its all getting a bit much! maybe i'll get a pay as you go for £19.99 instead... ;)

Guest nowimboard

Last attempt at calling this week Just on the off chance... pfffft

Gonna leave it till monday now. Well I'll leave looking at this thread till monday, then see if there is any action.

Oh dam you orange. I could be playing with a m5000 right now.

I'm all ready to order my in car holder and my Sync/charging station!

"Paul" said As usual, on the system no price or stock as yet.

Im gonna leave it till monday now. I suggest that all use that are till clingin to the edge of our seats go out and get throughly drunk over the week end, then it will just fly by and monday will come. Infac tI might jsut stay drunk unitll One of you lot get to order one ;)

Guest dazza12

The Executive office have said that all deparments are showing zero stock at the moment.

They've also confirmed they're still on for availablilty on the 1st Nov.

Well I couldn’t wait any longer just been out and got myself the O2 Exec and its fantastic!!! Even if I did wait I could not see Orange supplying it free with the demand they have told me there is for it. I have just hooked onto a £20 cheaper tariff than Orange get more data included and the handset cost me NOTHING!! The only downside was I had to pay extra for the insurance but taking everything into account I am still quid’s in and I have it NOW. I have been with Orange for about 14 years and feel its time to try the competition as I have a 14 day full refund if I’m not completely satisfied!!

Guest Pondrew

@grey, another plus for O2 is that Orange have been absolutely AWFUL at releasing rom updates for their Pocket PC Phones here in the UK whereas the XDA range does seem to get updates (eventually!)

:roll: Now getting totally confused and annoyed with Orange. About three weeks ago I was placed on "a list" for call back re the M5000, which should have been released within the next 2 weeks.

:roll: Phoned last week and guess what still informed that the phone is still due for a October release, but that "STOCK MAY BE VERY LIMITED" with no schedule available for further stock delivery (sounds familiar (M2000,SPV C500 initial releases)

;) Contacted Orange again today and the CSR informed me that there is still no release date, and stated as I am on the list I will be contacted when it is available and can NOT GUARANTEE THAT STOCK WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN IT IS RELEASED as she does not know where on the list I am.

:roll: I have been with ORANGE for 10 years now and am starting to contemplate about moving to a new provider.

What is the position re O2, T-Mobile and Vodaphone on Rom updates, are they available, do they usually appear before ORANGE (like the phones)

Comments Please

MArk

Edited by mas99

I've only ever used Orange. I've never been with O2, T-Mobile or Vodafone.

I'm thinking O2 is probably a good choice as they seem to have much more understanding of the value of PDAs. I've reached my limit with ORange - not just the non-availability of the new handset, but their complete inability to have the slightest clue when it will be available.

So how does O2 differ from Orange? The deal I can get on the upgrade and monthly fees seems good, but what about insurance, cost of calling voicemail, Line2, customer service, data charges, coverage...?

Wizard

I considered O2 but found when i rang and asked how video calls were charged they said out of your 4mb access package and then quoted a silly price per Mb thereafter!

Couldn't find owt better thans this deal from t-mobile:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...walk200_mda_pro

Am well Chuffed, and as for Rom updates I'll have to wait and see and if t-mobile are slack then I'm sure the folks over at Xda Developers can knock something up in the kitchen.

Would you believe it T-Mobile have no 3G coverage in Northern Ireland and can't give a date.........

:oops:

:idea: what about a phone company with service and coverage, what can a customer ask for................

:idea: Back to the drawing board O2 next

Mark

Edited by mas99

I had a look at T-Mobile and the data bundles are really great. I worked out that the next year with Orange (assuming a free upgrade) will cost me £650, but moving to T-Mobile (even paying £150 for the handset) will only set me back £399. So that's more than a 30% saving over 12months, and not only that but instead of 4Mb of data a month, I get 40Mb.

The only question is, what do I lose? I don't know anyone on T-Mobile so I don't know what they're like. Do they do Line2? Is their coverage as good? What about customer service? I also didn't seen any text bundles available with Web 'n' Walk, which seems a bit odd.

Wizard

For T-mobile coverage, don't look at their site, it's a hopeless map, have a look at the Virgin site (they use the same network) no NI coverage............ :?:

Guest mcwarre
anyone reckon orange will release and make available to buy  the m5000 tomorrow then??

Only if you are a new customer, probably only premier palns, more likely business customers and only if your average bill is £1m per month or something daft.

Just got of the phone with Orange upgrades and the girl (numpty) I was speeking to said that it was not showing up on her system at all and she said that because it was not showing it will probabley be out in the next 2 to 3 months.

So i phone back spoke to i very helpfull person who said that it should be out within the next couple of days.

why o why o why can Orange CS not get the facts right instead of saying what they want to say if they gave a realistic expected date we would all not be phoning up every day.

I called again today and spoke to someone helpful (behold, a miracle!). He said the phone was officially "launched" (I put the word in quotes as Orange appear to place a different meaning on it to the rest of us) on Thursday 27th October. He said he can't do an upgrade, though he did tell me what discount I am eligible for (though he can't calculate the price as he doesn't have pricing for the M5000). He said in his experience once a phone is "launched" it is available for sale within 5-7 days. So this seems to concur with what was said above, that the phone is about to become available. He believes Orange have the stock at a warehouse, but the stock is being tested to make sure the batch from the manufacturer is good enough to go out the door. So the suggestion is that once those checks are done, it'll appear on the system and be available for upgrades.

Btw, I've been researching T-Mobile and the feedback I'm getting is that their coverage generally is not as good as the other networks, and their 3G coverage even worse. So the 40Mb data package may be a great deal because they're trying to counterbalance the effects of a bad network (40Mb ain't much on GPRS!).

Wizard