TomTom 5

Guest UniqueTouch

Guest UniqueTouch

Hi,

I currently have an XDAIIs and TomTom Navigator 5.1.

I am considering changeing over to the C600/imate Sp5/imate Sp5m/Qtek 8300 )when it comes in stock!).

My question is will I have to buy TomTom Mobile 5 or can I use my TomTom Navigator? Surely this should work because I thought Windows Mobile 2005 for Pocket PC and Smartphones were supposed to share apps.

Has anyone got TomTom working on this new devices? Was it a pain t install?

Any info gratefull recieved.

Many thanks

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site ;)

You will need to buy TomTom 5 Mobile, but if you contact TomTom they may be able to advise you better on the options you have.

Also at the moment there is not an official version for these newer phones and there are resolution problems.

Guest UniqueTouch
Welcome to the site :D

You will need to buy TomTom 5 Mobile, but if you contact TomTom they may be able to advise you better on the options you have.

Also at the moment there is not an official version for these newer phones and there are resolution problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info awarner.

Maybe I misread somewhere that with WM2005 that apps can be used on both smartphone and ppc. Oh well!

On another thread someone mentioned a hack to get TomTom running on the C500/C550 - I think a registry hack before and after as there is no offical version as you said. Does anyone know what the process is?

I've been reading the other threads/post and really love this site. Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

Guest UniqueTouch
Hi UniqueTouch. Might want to read my post here about TomTom 5 and the phones you mentioned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi roma,

thanks for the link (i've replied there)...good to know a workaround is available.

I think I will now be able to convert to Smartphone from PPC.

The form factor is annoying on my XDAIIs and it has functions that i don't use - but the smartphone is the right size and has everything I need.

I need to decide wether to buy the imate SP5 or imate SP5m

Roma, how do you find the keys on the SP5m...I like the idea of the music buttons as I'll be using it as an mp3 player so they would come in handy. Is there a way to lock the other keys and blank the screen when they device is playing music?

Sorry for the extra Q's ;)

Guest roma0803

No problem ;)

The key's on the SP5m are small. But I hardly push the wrong button when typing a message and that does surprise me a bit. I would have thought that would happen more often, but is doesn't :D

I use Automatic Keylock and that program has an option to exclude Mediaplayer. Haven't tried this particular function yet.

For the rest... I love this phone. It's absolutely great and WiFi is a great addition to Smartphone. More software should become compatible with WM5/QVGA over time, but it's a lovable phone 8)

Guest UniqueTouch
No problem ;)

The key's on the SP5m are small. But I hardly push the wrong button when typing a message and that does surprise me a bit. I would have thought that would happen more often, but is doesn't :D

I use Automatic Keylock and that program has an option to exclude Mediaplayer. Haven't tried this particular function yet.

For the rest... I love this phone. It's absolutely great and WiFi is a great addition to Smartphone. More software should become compatible with WM5/QVGA over time, but it's a lovable phone  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool (thanks for the app link). do you find you use the music keys?

Guest roma0803
cool (thanks for the app link). do you find you use the music keys?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not as much as I expected yet. But than again, I just got the phone so time will tell. I like this one over the SP5, but that's a matter of taste ;)