Bluetooth - am I asking too much?

Guest busted

I'm trying to run a bluetooth GPS (PRO Gin SBT-168) and a Bluetooth handsfree (Bluetrek G2) on my M2000, however I'm finding that they don't play well together :cry:

Is this just these devices or am I asking too much to run 2 devices at the same time? Basically if they're both running, I can answer calls (while TomTom 5 is running BTW) but then it cuts out the headset. I hear the ring in the headset, but as soon as I answer it drops the connection. Sometimes it then says that the bluetooth card isn't installed? :roll:

I've just run the update on the orange website, but it's made no difference. Does anyone have any advice, or is this just a feature, or user error? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest richardkemp

In my experience of other phones, they can only handle one bluetooth connection at once.

Put it this way... if you find a device that does multiple bluetooth connections then I would say youve got a good one ;-)

My o2 mini can run BT gps with Navman SmartSt and either the BT headset or BT handsfree at the same time without a problem. All with 64Mb.

Dont know about the angel though.

Guest Pondrew

I do know the HTC Magician (O2 XDA Mini) has a Microsoft Bluetooth stack rather then the Broadcom Bluetooth stack found in the HTC Blue Angel (SPV M2000) but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the difference. It's probably just that the SPV M2000 is still running an old rom with an older, less sophisticated Bluetooth stack. If you goto bluetooth settings and goto About on the M2000, what bluetooth version are you running?

Guest RiceBurner
I've just run the update on the orange website, but it's made no difference. Does anyone have any advice, or is this just a feature, or user error? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you find an update page on the Orange site????

Guest Pondrew
Version 1.0.0 Build 3500, sound about right? :?:  I'd assume that this is quite old!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not THAT old. The latest version I've heard of (on the Blue Angel at least) is version 1.0.0 Build 3900 as incorporated in the latest roms. I'm running this myself...