Windows XP [SP2k3] v2.00 english

Guest FrankyKnife

Guest voltage

Yes you do. unless its a signed certified cab.

I have a problem with installing files on my i930:

Question: Would I need to Decert my phone to get  a .cab file to install?

I am attempting to install WinXP-SP2k3-v200- Theme and a battery plugin but, when I transfer the files onto my phone after it is synced I recieve this error and the files automatically get deleted.   

I have tried to put the files in 3 different directories:

\Storage Card\Themes\

\Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories

Please let me know what I would be doing wrong, Do I have a wrong phone setting or would I just have to decert the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrankyKnife
I also get this.  And I have done the fix via xml.

but it doesnt seem to change.

Also when selecting file explorer, it goes into settings.

I have messed around with the xml  and it has yet to change anything.

let me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

possibly several reasons:

- wrong editing of the .xml file

- removing of code which is needed

- wrong path of the wmplayer

solution:

please check all things, be sure what you are doing, compare the original xml file with your modified one, try again!

Guest voltage

Well what I am editing is the file located in Application Data / Home

Hell I even deleted it off the phone and restarted my phone... still didnt change anything.

talking about the .xml file

- wrong editing of the .xml file

- removing of code which is needed

- wrong path of the wmplayer

solution:

please check all things, be sure what you are doing, compare the original xml file with your modified one, try again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrankyKnife

...the 'ideas' stand above.

if you are not willing to understand and to do that - nobody can help you!

as you wrote you have edited the .xml file (and it is also clear which .xml file is mentioned cause there is only one - so dont blame us!), but you have done something wrong - that's obviously!!!

if you do the editing right, it will work 100% !

Guest nether_bud

I'm trying to have the drop down menu go to a different location for the Tasks. I am using Tasks+ and wanted to go to that program when I click on tasks. The checklist that pops up is OK, since Tasks+ syncs with the Outlook Tasks, but I'd like to open Tasks+. Any ideas? I'm a noob with XML, and tried to copy some code from a different loc that I thought would do the trick:

But this doesn't work. Any ideas? Is this possible?

Guest leoiden

hey franky i tried it on my smt 5600 with wm5 and it did not work it was worth a try since its an awsome theme hope you consider making it workable with smt 5600 with wm5 thanks again!!!

Guest voltage

as you wrote you have edited the .xml file (and it is also clear which .xml file is mentioned cause there is only one - so dont blame us!), but you have done something wrong - that's obviously!!!

damn what an asshole.

Ok maybe im not making this clear to you. so i will type slow.

I have an i930. I have edited the .xml file. it changed nothing.

I removed the .xml file it changed nothing.

So i came here and asked for help. Not to get flamed by some asshole.

I typed real slow so you can understand.

Oh PS, I also searched the entire phone for the .xml and guess what you are correct it is the only one. so you explain it to me.

wait nevermind. you obviously cant seem to help people when you obviously are to ignorant.

Guest Jamma14

Voltage, you are getting this error because the windows media player plugin used within the homescreen doesn't support your version of media player, and I'm afraid the plugin won't get updated, so there's nothing you can do! :)

Guest voltage

Jamma thank youfor your post.

The problem I am having is that the XP_SP2k3.home.xml is not even on my phone yet the program still works.

so i am concerned on how to edit something that is not even in use.

Voltage, you are getting this error because the windows media player plugin used within the homescreen doesn't support your version of media player, and I'm afraid the plugin won't get updated, so there's nothing you can do! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Jamma14

You mean the homescreen is still running? Well that's because the homescreen you currently have and all its settings are stored in temporarily in .hif files in the home folder. All you need to do is go into your start menu -> settings -> homescreen -> and change you current homescreen. Then it will go to a different homescreen and overwrite the XP one in the hif file.

Did I understand correctly? That of any help?

Jamma

Guest voltage

Well I fixed my problem, no thanks to FrankyKnife

your theme seems to overwright the windows default theme. And if you edit the xml using 1st page xml editor. when it saves it to the phone the XP theme is no longer available. And the theme used is Windows Default.

And since it wasnt available, it was using the windows default .xml file

and thats why editing and deleting XP_SP2k3.home.xml was null and void.

guess FrankyKnife should have done some research instead of been a jack ass.

hows the foot taste?

Anyhow for those using an xml or html editor, i would suggest sticking to notepad.

Oh damn did i forget to mention im an XML writer for the web station.

hmmm... guess mes justs tooos stupids to knows much eh?

sorry to the rest of you but i would never come at somebody like this frank jack ass did.

Also Jamma, yes thats what began these problems. See i would go into the homescreen selection. and it would be on Windows Default. so i would scroll to find the other theme (XP) and i wasnt there.

What I found out is something in my editing program was changing title in the xml.

Jamma I do thank you for helping out.

Jamma thank youfor your post.

The problem I am having is that the XP_SP2k3.home.xml  is not even on my phone yet the program still works.

so i am concerned on how to edit something that is not even in use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by voltage

Guest FrankyKnife

@voltage:

it is always nice to see what kind of people exist in this world - also in this forum!

you have shown everyone here who is in fact the real "jack ass"!

you are unable to communicate, you are unable to describe your problems, your are unable to know what you are doing and what you say! (mostly all other people can do this as you can see here in other posts...)

but you are indeed able to offend people who want to help you - thank you!

you are a really great man!!!

-> so piss off and dont come ever again for any help or anything from me!

Guest FrankyKnife

that's what i have wrote in my first post:

--------------------------------------------------

- wrong editing of the .xml file => THE FIX STANDS IN THE README FILE AND IN START THREAD - IF YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT YOU CAN FIX THAT TO HAVE WMPLAYER WORK (WITHOUT PLUGIN!!!). IF YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG AS YOU DID, IT WONT WORK. IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THAT?

- removing of code which is needed => YOU HAVE DELETED THE HOMESCREEN FILE "XP-SP2k3.home.xml". SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? DO YOU WANT TO EDIT WHAT YOU HAVE YOURSELF DELETED?

- wrong path of the wmplayer => WHY DONT YOU CHECK THIS? YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED THE CORRECT PATH HERE SO WE CAN HELP YOU TO CHANGE THAT!

solution:

=> AGAIN HELP AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU TO GET AN IDEA HOW YOU CAN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!

---------------------------------------------------

...AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

- you dont post any further info!

- you dont post what you have done!

- you are doing nothing except: CALLING ME AN "ASSHOLE"! #-o ...was soll das?!?

Edited by FrankyKnife

Guest FrankyKnife
your theme seems to overwright the windows default theme.
thats not correct! i dont overwrite anything! the default themes (any kind of) stay on you phone. you can always switch back to them by choosing from the list in the settings menu of your phone!

(i only place it in the settings to be immediately used. this is at least the sense of installing a new HS: to use it!)

And if you edit the xml using 1st page xml editor.  when it saves it to the phone the XP theme is no longer available. And the theme used is Windows Default.

you have deleted my HS .xml file! (you have wrote this yourself!) so what do you edit??? => the wrong .xml file?!?

as it stands in my readme file and in the starting thread my HS is called "XP-SP2k3.home.xml" (as everything else of my HS is called "XP-SP2k3", moreover it stands in the title and headline, therfore you should know of!)

if you want to have the HS removed, why dont you use the "uninstalling" or "removing programs" routines of your phone?!?

(i have even noted that in my thread and readme file: how to uninstall! why dont you follow these instructions?)

if you had chosen that my HS would have been smoothly removed without wondering that it is still on your phone!

...are you doing this on your PC the same? deleting one main file of a program and then thinking off "i have removed it"! ...and you call yourself an .xml coder?!? :)

And since it wasnt available, it was using the windows default .xml file

and thats why editing and deleting XP_SP2k3.home.xml  was null and void.

guess FrankyKnife should have done some research instead of been a jack ass.

hows the foot taste?

Anyhow for those using an xml or html editor, i would suggest sticking to notepad.

Oh damn did i forget to mention im an XML writer for the web station.

hmmm... guess mes justs tooos stupids to knows much eh?

sorry to the rest of you but i would never come at somebody like this frank jack ass did.

Also Jamma,  yes thats what began these problems.  See i would go into the homescreen selection. and it would be on Windows Default.  so i would scroll to find the other theme (XP) and i wasnt there.

What I found out is something in my editing program was changing title in the xml.

Jamma I do thank you for helping out.

Edited by FrankyKnife

Guest FrankyKnife
hey franky i tried it on my smt 5600 with wm5 and it did not work it was worth a try since its an awsome theme hope you consider making it workable with smt 5600 with wm5 thanks again!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as i have no phone with WM5 i dont know if i am doing that. moreover most phones coming with WM5 have also a higher resolution - so it wont fit either!

Guest voltage

you have deleted my HS .xml file! (you have wrote this yourself!) so what do you edit??? => the wrong .xml file?!?

as it stands in my readme file and in the starting thread my HS is called "XP-SP2k3.home.xml" (as everything else of my HS is called "XP-SP2k3", moreover it stands in the title and headline, therfore you should know of!)

if you want to have the HS removed, why dont you use the "uninstalling" or "removing programs" routines of your phone?!?

(i have even noted that in my thread and readme file: how to uninstall! why dont you follow these instructions?)

if you had chosen that my HS would have been smoothly removed without wondering that it is still on your phone!

...are you doing this on your PC the same? deleting one main file of a program and then thinking off "i have removed it"! ...and you call yourself an .xml coder?!?  

Wow I even typed really really slow. and yet you still didnt get it.

:roll:

Look i will keep this SOOOOO SIMPLE

I deleted XP-SP2k3.home.xml off of my phone.

I will re-phrase it

I selected the XP-SP2k3.home.xml file from my phone by going into Active Sync.. The into Storage\Application Data\Home\ I slected the file.. I know cause it turns blue. Neat how it does that.

I pressed Delete. Thats the key just below Insert.

It said do you wish to delete XP-SP2k3.home.xml from your phone.

Now this struck me as funny so I went outside and smoked a cigerrette. Hell I even phoned a friend.

Alas I pressed OK and the file was deleted.

:shock:

So I then restarted my phone.. This is done by pressing the power button

I then restarted my phone.

Guess what same button

I then went into Display Proerties... Theme.

"OH NO the theme isnt there" I said to my self.

yet it still worked.

Now the only themes on my phone are. MOTOROLA SIMPLE, MOTOROLA DEFAULT, WINDOWS DEFAULT, WINDOWS SIMPLE, and NEXTEL DEFAULT.

The nextel one is there cause thats where my phone has service through.

So I select Nextel and "OH NO" I said to my self. Your XP theme is not showing on my phone :cry:

Oh my god what have i done. Wait i will select windows default. And can you believe it theres that pesky XP theme.

NOW DUMB ASS EXPLAIN IT TO ME AGAIN :exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

Guest voltage

Oh and

so dont blame us!), but you have done something wrong - that's obviously!!!

Is what pissed me off. Talk about communicating.

No where did i blame you. I came and asked for help and i get accused of Doing something wrong, and blaming you for something.

Lastly why in the hell would i come back for help.. LOL you didnt help me.

Remember. If not scroll up. It shows that I fixed it myself.

Alas I quote YOU ARE A DUMBASS

End Of Line.

Guest nether_bud
change it to

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Not a big deal, just thought that it would be nice to not have to use Smartphone's kind of crappy tasks. But I still like being able to view them at a glance with the drop down menu.

And I just wanted to thank Franky for the great homescreen!

Guest jordanny

If I lock the screen with Windows Media selected, when I unlock the device the homescreen in goes back into default screen, menu minimized. Can it be configured so that the menu stays exactly the same as when I locked the device ? I have E200, btw.

Edited by jordanny

Guest voltage
If I lock the screen with Windows Media selected, when I unlock the device the homescreen in goes back into defaut screen, menu minimized. Can it be configured so that the menu

stay exactly the same as when I locked the device ? I have E200, btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL. there ya go franky. :)

Guest misterxzibit

I have a SPV C500..I installed this Homescreen last night, it was ok but this morning in wanted to remove a program and BANG! All my programs in the Remove Programs section are gone!!!.

Oh and another thing I see this skin has sounds, and even changes the startup screen etc..I would like a simple version, just the "front". How can i install it??

But first i think i have to remove this one , so please could anyone tell me how do i completely remove it ? I haven't touched anything yet....cause long time ago i had a simillar problem with an Apple homescreen (phone stuck forever at the welcome screen, had to hard reset the phone).

Thx guys, waiting for you reply

Hi All,

Great home screen.

Need some help, followed all instructions to edit the xml file w/ notepad to fix the wmp plugin and temp. I save the file. then copy and paste it using explorer to my SP in Applications>Home> and it asks do I want to replace the exisiting file XP-SP2k3.home.xml with the new one, I say yes it copies no problem and shows via explorer on my PC and file explorer on SP. I reboot phone and go to select it in Settings>Display Properties>Home Screen Layout, but it is not a choice there now, before I copied the new file it was there and it was my home screen. I changed the home screen to default before I copied the new one over.

I am really confused on why this is happening, Any one have any ideas or help?

I would greatly appreciate it since this is A GREAT HOME SCREEN LAYOUT.

Thanks,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.