Can any of the Universal's be unlocked?

Guest phil-t

I would really like a Universal, but am wondering which brands if any are unlockable, and does anyone know how this is done??

While my company provides me with an Orange Mobile and pays for all the calls, I just want to be able to use the works sim in a Universal, and so was looking at the M5000....

I have my own contract C500 with orange, where I let the missus use this contract sim in her phone, while I use the work sim in my C500. It is upgrade time for this contract, so I could upgrade to an M5000, or go for a new contract elsewhere, as long as the universal can be unlocked..

I've seen ebayers offering O2 unlocked MDA's... so it must be possible???

Guest byron_hinson
my mate used unlock-all from the xda developer site

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is the link to this download mate? couldn't seem to find it there.

• 1 month later...
Guest linchen

Hi,

o.k jetzt auch mal was von mir. Danke für das Forum, die Postings der User sind wirklich sehr hilfreich.

O.k also ich habe seit 2 Wochen den XDA EXEC von O2. Das Telefon ist 100% unlocked wenn von 02 direct gekauft, also no Problem. Ich kannaber nur über Uk Netzwerken reden, ich hab ein UK Vertrag.

Eigentlichwar ich ja dabei raus zu finden wie ich meine Franzoesische SIM karte in dem Telefon zum laufen bringeaber durch die Postings der Forum mitglieder hab ich gelesen man kann die 02 software entfernen, um die Kiste schneller zu machen. Wie auch immer nebenbei hab ich also dann mal versucht die zusaetzliche 02 software los zu werden, wie ein user vorher beschrieben hatte. Und siehe da, nachdem ich dasgemacht hatte und den XDa neu gestartet hatte, hat er das franzoesische netzwerk gefunden! Was ein Segen.

Also Danke für Alles und vielleicht hilft dieser BEitrag auch anderen

Guest linchen

Hi,

whooops, o.k, me again, i thought i could write in german but i realised after posting that i should have had posted in english.

- XDA EXEC (from UK 02 dealer) is definately onlocked and workswith all networks.

- I had problems with my french SIM card, but after deinstalling the 02 supplementary software via Programme> InstallType>Corporate 0506 in order to make it faster and than to restart the phone, my french sim card was working fine! So try it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jketzetera
Hi,

o.k jetzt auch mal was von mir. Danke für das Forum, die Postings der User sind wirklich sehr hilfreich.

O.k also ich habe seit 2 Wochen den XDA EXEC von O2. Das Telefon ist 100% unlocked wenn von 02 direct gekauft, also no Problem. Ich kannaber nur über Uk Netzwerken reden, ich hab ein UK Vertrag.

Eigentlichwar ich ja dabei raus zu finden wie ich meine Franzoesische SIM karte in dem Telefon zum laufen bringeaber durch die Postings der Forum mitglieder hab ich gelesen man kann die 02 software entfernen, um die Kiste schneller zu machen. Wie auch immer nebenbei hab ich also dann mal versucht die zusaetzliche 02 software los zu werden, wie ein user vorher beschrieben hatte. Und siehe da, nachdem ich dasgemacht hatte und den XDa neu gestartet hatte, hat er das franzoesische netzwerk gefunden! Was ein Segen.

Also Danke für Alles und vielleicht hilft dieser BEitrag auch anderen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately I have almost forgotten all German I learned in school. However, I did remember enough to be able to understand your post. I am also in a similar situation as you were in. I want to use the XDA Exec with O2's SIM in the UK as well as using it with a Swedish (Three) SIM in Sweden.

I would be very grateful if you could give the details on the software you removed (and how) in order to get the device to accept the french SIM-card

• 1 month later...
Guest ppham3

Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED. Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

Guest Confucious
Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED.  Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

I use my O2 Exec with an Orange USIM and I believe they are all unlocked but imei-chek say they have unlocked some O2 Execs (maybe foreign ones?) so I cant say 100% but I'm 99% certain you'll be OK.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest v4victory
Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED.  Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MDA PRO still they havent found anything to unlock

All, I recently got a Vodafone QTEK 1640 (Vodafone's jasjar). I convinced Vodafone to get me the unlock code, but they were taking weeks - I eventually escalated this through to a senior account manager who said that they had big problems getting the unlock codes, and that I should try this website - http://www.qtekcorp.com/support.aspx . Went to the site, filled in my details, and got an email from Qtek saying they could only give the unlock code direct to Vodafone - I forwarded this email to my contact at vodafone and got the unlock code 2 hours later! If anyone is having problems with Vodafone unlocking Universals, I would strongly advise trying this site!

Guest fluffcat1
All, I recently got a Vodafone QTEK 1640 (Vodafone's jasjar). I convinced Vodafone to get me the unlock code, but they were taking weeks -

Strange how Voda lock the Universal but the v1240 Tornado smartphone I got was unlocked?

Richard

Strange how Voda lock the Universal but the v1240 Tornado smartphone I got was unlocked?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing I've seen i9n my dealings with vodafone makes any sense...

Stu

• 4 months later...
Guest davefrayne
Nothing I've seen i9n my dealings with vodafone makes any sense...

Stu

Has there been any forward motion on this..

Need to get this unlocked asap!

Got it off ebay! (doh)

Didnt even think to research the fact i might not be able to unlock it?! :)

Guest kelv23
Has there been any forward motion on this..

Need to get this unlocked asap!

Got it off ebay! (doh)

Didnt even think to research the fact i might not be able to unlock it?! :)

Latest bit of googling

Universal Unlock?