Anyone received their M5000 yet?

Guest eggedd2k

My M5000 had a USIM but I had to hunt for in through all the manuals etc... lovely bit of kit...have to wait till later to play though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine arrived about ten minutes ago.....it's lovely - and kinda charcoal grey...the pictures I've seen so far led me to believe it was gonna be silver - not that I'm complaining, I prefer this to a silver one any day!!!

Mine came with a USIM, but only one battery :cry: - where does it say it comes with two??? Don't wanna phone OCS and have a rant if the second battery is only for business users or something :oops:

Mark.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest airborne
Orange are doing 1000mb a month for £10.00 first three months free.

Thats going to cost me £23.00 for 750 mins off peak to landlines and 1000mb of data. Not bad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock:

I was told *twice* that I would be getting the 1000Mb per month for free for the next 3 months!

Either I've done well (cos they make loads of money out of me!) or I've been mis-sold and I'll be £30 out of pocket. :?:

My M5000 should be arriving tomorrow. 8)

I thought it was wrong too, but did a check. Basically you get Orange World Access Max for 3 months.

See here: Orange Data page

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got my M5000 delivered at 9am this morning only proble was i was at work misses was at home to sign for it thank god, also got her new phone a nokia n70, just finished on the phone with them now here is what i have got

m5000 Free Upgrade Premier 600 £55 per month

3 months 1000mb data Free ;)

60Min video calls for 12 Months Free :D

Nokia N70 Free Upgrade Talk 200 half price line rental £15

3 months 1000mb data Free :D

30min video calls for 3 Months free :D

also put both phones on Orange family giving an extra 50% call time on both phones :( :( :D

I would like to see O2 or T-Mobile Beat that :twisted:

just waiting to get the sim updates through now.

Guest VulakAerr

Got mine yesterday at 0950. SIM updates came through at around 1045. I am an extremely happy bunny and will reply more when I've stopped playing around on the phone. ;)

TTFN

Guest philtech44
just spoken to Orange CS and i'm getting second battery sent out to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this only apply for business users? What about thse of us who've had upgrades?

Guest Confucious
Does this only apply for business users? What about thse of us who've had upgrades?

Phil - if you check gcarte's previous posts you will see that his was an upgrade and not business - so I guess the answer is yes!

Guest philtech44
Phil - if you check gcarte's previous posts you will see that his was an upgrade and not business - so I guess the answer is yes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one Confucious... on their case as we speak!

Guest dazza12

If they've stated on an Orange website that it is supplied with an additional battery, they have to honour that. If not they are not supplying a product as advertised.

They may try to get out of it by stating that because it mentions that it is a business phone it only applies to business customers. However, it doesn't specifically state that the additional battery is only for business customers.

I would recommend contacting Orange if you feel you should have this second battery and mentioning the above. If you don't get any joy, complain. I'm sure Orange would rather send out something that costs them £10 than lose a customer that's going to bring them hundreds.

Guest Confucious

dazza - it does say it's a Business phone so if you're not a business user they don't have to honour it.

It also says on their website that to access 3G all you have to do is buy a 3G phone. This is a blatant lie as I have bought a 3G phone (not from O) and it will not work without a USIM and they will NOT swap my SIM for a USIM - they say I have to take out a new contract so I'm still trying to decide who the best 3G provider is for me.

Guest dazza12

You could argue however that the same website doesn't show the consumer package.

The Orange.co.uk page for the M5000 is very sparse and doesn't have any conflicting details (at least not the last time I looked).

It's an argument that Orange would be unwise to take on for the sake of a £10 battery.

Guest Confucious

Orange don't have to take on an argument - it's up to you to argue to get it. They don't seem to care if people leave.

But in fairness to O, they do seem to be sending out batteries to people who ask anyway judging by the posts in this thread.

Guest philtech44
You could argue however that the same website doesn't show the consumer package.

The Orange.co.uk page for the M5000 is very sparse and doesn't have any conflicting details (at least not the last time I looked).

It's an argument that Orange would be unwise to take on for the sake of a £10 battery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that how much it would cost then? £10?

Guest dazza12
Is that how much it would cost then? £10?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's just a guesstimate.

Orange would be able to buy in bulk and therefore get a much lower price than you or I would get. I don't know the retail price of an M5000 battery, but I guess it's not going to cost Orange much more than £10.

Guest The Lostprophet

just adding mine is due tomorrow being delivered to work ;) also got the 1000mb free data for 3months, wouldnt tell me how much it would cost AFTER the three months though. ...paid 199.99 but i am 4months from the end of the contract...so was in no real possition to argue. cant wait :D

Guest eggedd2k

picked mine up tonight. I'm doing this message on it now!

only problem is theres a dead pixel near the middle of the screen. its not that bad but it'll drive me mad watching movies etc. I called the shop and they're going to replace it tomorrow during my lunch hour.

still gonna play with the phone till then!