Synchronisation Problem

Guest Wudang

As per the clubi-mate web site there is a known problem synchronising Outlook via ActiveSync.

I use Zone Alarm (free version) and encountered this problem which I worked around by temporarily disabling the firewall, synchronising and afterwards reactivating the fire wall.

Yesterday I disabled the eTrust antivirus program and now find Outlook will synchronise straight through without the need to disable the firewall. It could be pure coincidence but wondered if others had found the same thing.

Guest roma0803

Yes, if ZoneAlarm is the cause of not being able to sync, then disabeling it just the first time is enough. Unfortunately there are many, many other reasons why one can not synchronize with this POS labeled MS ActiveSync.

Yes, if ZoneAlarm is the cause of not being able to sync, then disabeling it just the first time is enough. Unfortunately there are many, many other reasons why one can not synchronize with this POS labeled MS ActiveSync.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately I may have spoken to soon as my system crashed today (while my SP5 was connected) and after rebooting I'm back to where I was so it looks like disabling eTrust had sweet fanny adams to do with it.