WM5, why so crippled?

Guest gilesjuk

Guest gilesjuk

I use Linux on my main PC and when I want to install software on my SP5 it means booting up the laptop which is irritating to say the least (why can't the SP5 do USB mass storage?).

Anyway, I thought Wifi would make things easier, just place files on the webserver and download, except that PocketIE can't download much (can't do an equivalent to right click and save). There's no network share browsing either.

I tried emailing myself the files and downloading the mail on the phone, try and launch the file (cab file) and it won't let me.

Why is it so damn crippled? Microsoft are so paranoid about viruses that they're now releasing crippled software.

Guest gilesjuk
I hope someone releases a Network Browser soon as it's fustrating for me too.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried an FTP application, but it didn't work. I wonder if that's because it was for 2003se and it didn't recognise the wifi?

Guest gilesjuk
That shouldn't matter... FTP should work.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't, Orneta says "No connection to the internet detected" with wifi enabled, it then connects to the net when you allow it (probably uses GPRS) then complains it can't find the host to connect to (which is a local network IP address).