c550 freezing

Guest neuty

advice please

i`ve had my c550 for about 3 months now and its been pretty reliable.

there was the odd problem with tcmcp player .

but the worst has come.

the phone will now at any random time just freeze up ,the phone appears to look normal,as in you can operate through the menus, play a game , look through contacts.

but you cannot make a call or receive a call either.

over the past 3 to 4 weeks this has happened about 5 times.

i have a full signal on the phone so its only when i try to make a call,or get home from work,and get an ear bending off the wife that i know its frozen.

i have spoken to orange and i am told that they are aware of a software issue with these phones and any problems are to contact htc directly ,who make the phone.

i have spoken to htc and i will have to send the phone to them next week.

should orange just replace the phone or is this normal.

any advice would be appreciated

i`m not having much luck with this phone

thanks NEUTYjava script:emoticon(':evil:')

smilie

Guest hotphil

I think that if you've got no insurance with Orange and you've had the phone longer than 14 days, they can ask you to return it to the manufacturer (HTC) for it to be repaired/exchanged.

Curious as to what the "software issue" they're aware of is.

Guest davejerome

I get a lot of bugs with mine, screen appears to freeze and then comes back to life when you get a call or after a while.

I just think.... ....Well its Microsoft at the end of the day, what can you expect. (atleast it doesn't have viruses like symbian!)

In time I am sure that Orange will release a new rom with better battery life etc.

Guest hotphil

Ah, but if you're using it on O2 then they'll simply say it was designed for use on the Orange network and disregard your comments.

If you think the C550's got a few probs, you've obviously never lived with the original SPV!

good news .

spoke to orange again yesterday because the down arrow on the joystick has stopped working,and they have agreed that it is faulty and have given me a refrence number to take wityh the phone to my local orange shop where they will repair or replace as needed.

so the story continues.

hotphil i have never had an original spv but did have the mpx200 for a year and loved it until the screen bust and orange had removed it from the network.my bro has had his for 2.5 yrs until the battery died.He is completley lost without a smartphone now.

thanks to all on your advice

neuty

advice please

i`ve had my c550 for about 3 months now...

...any advice would be appreciated

i`m not having much luck with this phone

thanks NEUTYjava script:emoticon(':evil:')

smilie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For future reference:

Under the Sale of Goods Act where a fault occurs with goods within 6 months, starting on the date you took delivery, and you request a repair or replacement, or if that fails, a full or partial refund, then you do not have to prove that the fault exists. The trader must prove that the goods were not faulty in disputed cases. After 6 months has lapsed, you will have to prove that goods are faulty, for example by obtaining an experts report.

So in your case, Orange are admitting there is an 'issue' with the phone, but are refusing to offer a repair/replacement. You are not obligued to approach the manufacturer, no matter what they say.

thanks sponge.

i have never understood the laws behind "the sale of goods act",but you have made it a lot clearer now.

when speaking to OCS they then told me that i should take out there insurance because i was responsable for any postage of the phone to the manufacturers,and it would be cheaper by having it.

that was BS my wife took the phone in and at no cost orange are organising the repair.

in my opinion they tell you anything on the end of the phone.

if it wasn`t for the great service for the past 8 1/2 yrs iwould try another operator,but my guess is they are all the same.

thanks again sponge