[Req] Tweak for Picture Viewer Default Folder

Guest UniqueTouch

Guest UniqueTouch

This ones probably one for Paul seeing as he like procuding these amazing tweaks.

When I start the Picture/Album Viewer it default to the "My Pictures" folder on the device.

It's a pain having to change to "\Storage Card\My Documents\My Pictures" where the camera saves to as default.

Can this be tweaked via the registry?

Cheers

Guest Paul [MVP]

Wanna hear a funny story?

There's a key in the registry that is written with the last viewed location from the pictures app, unsurprisingly called 'LastLocation'... so MS obviously figured it was a good idea.

BUT

after writing the code to store the last viewed location (it's a DWORD with a value of 0 for Phone Memory, 1 for Storage Card), they forgot to write the code to read it again on startup of the Pictures app! DUH!

Guest UniqueTouch
[/snip]...they forgot to write the code to read it again on startup of the Pictures app! DUH!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More MS WM5 genius I guess #-o

If a registry solution is not possible, then can the Pictures & Vidoes App be started with an arguement via a shortcut perhaps?

:-k

• 8 months later...
Guest cerij
More MS WM5 genius I guess #-o

If a registry solution is not possible, then can the Pictures & Vidoes App be started with an arguement via a shortcut perhaps?

:-k

Still looking for a solution to this - anyone :) ??

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Best thing to do (although limited) is to change the default directory (it works on my Orange SPV C600):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Pictures\Camera\User\DefaultDir

Change the value data to: "\Storage Card\My Documents\"

This way you will still start in "My Pictures", but when you select your Storage Card, it will go directly to the directory you just assigned to the DefaultDir. That saves you the trouble of navigating throught your Storage Card.

Note: it only works after your phone is turned on. The moment you start browsing to other directories, it saves the last location (as mentioned earlier).