New SP5/SP5m ROM?

Guest gilesjuk

Guest roma0803

To answer the language question:

Download the correct operating system for your SP5m

Click here for the Operating System for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish and Czech

Click here for the Operating System for Russian (PycckNN), Romanian (Româna), Slovak (Slovencina), Polish (Polski), Hungarian (Magyar) and Czech

Click here for the Operating System for English, Finish (suomi), Dutch (Nederlands), Norwegian (Norsk), Slovak (Slovencina), Swedish (Svenska), Hungarian (Magyar) and Danish (Dansk)

Download the World Wide English (WWE) software pack for your SP5m

Click here for the WWE customisation

Download the Arabic software pack for your SP5m

Click here for the Arabic customization

Guest dave106
As you can read at spv-developers.com it will work, but the member has tested it on a prereleased 8300.

Is it possible to flash the C550 with a SP5m rom ?

Greetings, Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doubt it, you'll up with an expensive paperweight. The processors are different, so the sp5/m rom will be written specfically for its processor.

Guest Newchurch
Doubt it, you'll up with an expensive paperweight. The processors are different, so the sp5/m rom will be written specfically for its processor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ups, ok - you´re right ;)

The C550 has an OMAP 750, the SP5/SP5m an OMAP 850 processor.

Greetings, Peter

Guest trevormuk
I wouldn't try it TBH, and I see no need to?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its just that every SPV phone I have used has always been riddled with Orange stuff. My C500 has the Qtek ROM on it, which I much prefer.

I guess if no other operator is taking the C600 format then there will very few different ROMs around, whihc kind of makes my mind up on whether to take the SP5 or C600 .... shame... I really like the look of the C600...

Guest dave106
Its just that every SPV phone I have used has always been riddled with Orange stuff. My C500 has the Qtek ROM on it, which I much prefer.

I guess if no other operator is taking the C600 format then there will very few different ROMs around, whihc kind of makes my mind up on whether to take the SP5 or C600 .... shame... I really like the look of the C600...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the c600 is an Sp5 only missing the wifi part. I'm sure it wont take long for someone to try out the SP5 rom on a c600 to see if it works.

Edited by dave106

Guest fluffcat1
Ups, ok - you´re right  :)

The C550 has an OMAP 750, the SP5/SP5m an OMAP 850 processor.

Greetings, Peter

The processors are not that different, both being based around the ARM 7 MCU / ARM926 core, the only difference I can see is a different GSM clock manager, the 850 having EDGE support. Not knowing enough about GSM coding I wouldn't like to hazard whether it would be compatible so you probably wouldn't be able to make a call but the phone would at least boot in theory.

Richard

Guest gilesjuk

The main problem will be the core of the OS, if there's any device specific addresses, registers and chips used then the kernel is unlikely to function on another device.

Guest fluffcat1
The main problem will be the core of the OS, if there's any device specific addresses, registers and chips used then the kernel is unlikely to function on another device.

The only dfference I can see between the two is the GSM processing, the core of the OS should execute fine as from the schematic the rest of the processor is identical, same componants, same clock frequencies, same layout. Arm processors are fairly universal in design anyway. There's an arm 7 in my wireless router but the software it runs is desgined for a series 4!

Richard

Guest gilesjuk

Yes, but the memory map will be different, boot code, initialisation of the chips etc.

Now if you keep the C550 bootcode and that can start the newer OS then maybe it will go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest willneale
To answer the language question:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a Qtek 8310 (same as SP5m - HTC Tornado) with a pre-release (and buggy - eg. no T9 predictive text) firmware version.

Can I flash this device with the i-mate firmware which I have downloaded? I cannot join Club i-mate as i don't have an i-mate device, but I managed to follow the link earlier in this thread and download i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe - is this the latest version?

Alternatively, has anyone got more recent firmware that I can use?

Will