ACTIVESYNC 4.1

Guest mas99

Guest Jasonkruys

Claims faster transfers and when installing it says it is updating the USB Drivers, presumably adding USB 2.0 support.

I have to say, it is a fair bit speedier transferring large files across, and twice as quick syncing on my machine! :)

Guest shadamehr

Which build number is this, as I have been using the 'web reeased' 4.1.0 (build 4807) version for a good while now - is this a better and less issue prone build?

Anyone care to comment?

Edited by shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Further to above - the New Official Version of 4.1 is 4.1.0 (Build 4841) so indeed NEWER than the one that has been on the web in certain places for a while.

As you might expect.

This is just to confirm the details.

Still does not work........... Still getting the same error msg............. So much for Orange Level 3 tech support...........

Am going to rebuild my machine.......

Hopefully it will work....

AMD X2 64 bit XP ......... knowing my luch it i'll not be compatabile

Mark

Guest Jasonkruys
Still does not work........... Still getting the same error msg............. So much for Orange Level 3 tech support...........

Am going to rebuild my machine.......

Hopefully it will work....

AMD X2 64 bit XP ......... knowing my luch it i'll not be compatabile

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What error messages are you getting exactly? I have been running this on Windows XP x64 Professional with no problems :)

Let's have someone tell us what's going on with it then??

I'm not putting this on anything until I know it's stable.

God alone knows how many people have ended up reinstalling their entire machine setup just to get this thing working.

What of the bluetooth support? What, I say?!

Edit: "ActiveSync 4.1 does not support Backup/Restore of mobile device data."

WHAT?

Edited by NikLP

Guest chucky.egg

After problems whilst running v3.8 I started using v4.1 this afternoon

So far, although it hasn't fixed the problem I was having, it's working fine for me and my SPV M500 (WM2003SE)

I wouldn't say it's any faster, but maybe that only applies to newer devices.

Guest benwatt
I wouldn't say it's any faster, but maybe that only applies to newer devices.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The increase in speed is specific to Windows Mobile 5 devices, including those that have been upgraded to it. I just upgraded an iPaq hx2750 to Windows Mobile 5 and it syncs extremely quickly.

Or at least everything except the calendar does, nothing works if you have synching on for that - but Google tells me I'm not alone! :roll:

Guest Pondrew
What of the bluetooth support? What, I say?!

Edit: "ActiveSync 4.1 does not support Backup/Restore of mobile device data."

WHAT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since using Activesync 4 with my Windows Mobile 2003 SE Smartphones and Pocket PC Phone I've been very impressed with it. Seems more polished and stable (strange that WM5 users find it otherwise given it was designed for that os!) complete with an excellent Bluetooth sync section in Help that wasn't there before.

As for the readme file stating that 4.1 doesn't support Back/Restore of mobile device data, that makes no sense! My MDA III device is backing up as I type this! I've had no problems using it since the official release, unlike the earlier beta...

...You see, I read in the readme that came with the earlier beta build that Backup/Restore wasn't functional and sure enough noticed that the Backup option was greyed out. BUT the backup/restore function has worked fine for me since installing this released version! I'll do some tests just to be sure but I suspect that they've failed to update the readme file from the earlier Beta and are wrongly stating Backup/Restore isn't available.

Guest Pondrew

Right, several succesful backups and a succesful restore later and I'm convinced there is NOTHING wrong with Backup/Restore in Activesync 4.1. At least, it works fine on my MDA III (HTC Blue Angel Pocket PC Phone running Windows Mobile 2003 SE). I wonder if they mean that Backup/Restore doesn't work for WM5 devices?

Guest benwatt
I wonder if they mean that Backup/Restore doesn't work for WM5 devices?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That looks like being the case - when attaching a Windows Mobile 2003 device the Backup/Restore option is there (although in the case of my C500 it's greyed out).

As soon as you attach a Windows Mobile 5 device though, that option isn't even listed. In fact when you attach a Mobile 5 device everything changes including the look of ActiveSync, almost as though it has two different versions of ActiveSync it uses depending on what you plug into it.

Guest NisseGurra

Active sync for wm5 devices stink, its so limited so for me its almost useless. Is there any other way to sync folders?, active sync4.1 dont even have that...