My joystick is dying :(

Guest chedmaster

Guest pd.ryder

I'm sure the 600 is SDIO - most of 'em are now. My only worry would be if the tiny little wi-fi card would fit in the slot provided. If it has a little antenna on it like a lot of 'em I've seen, will the internal cavity have room for it?

Guest mini_man

Im not sure to be honest, but if i really want to go ahead with this when if its comfirmed that the card will work then i will contact nedge2k and ask which tools to use.

Dont want my beautiful C600 falling apart now ;)

Guest fluffcat1
Im not sure to be honest, but if i really want to go ahead with this when if its comfirmed that the card will work then i will contact nedge2k and ask which tools to use.

Dont want my beautiful C600 falling apart now ;)

Do you really want to void your warranty so soon after getting it? Especially when you consider the problems you had with the c550. Just because you may leave the seal intact doesn't mean the warranty *isn't* voided....you need to cut a chunk out of the side! It may fool orange for a handset swopout if it looks ok but HTC will reject it if sent for repair.

If you do go for it I can send you a chassis so you can modify it before fitting - saves scuffing the original - just remove the warranty sticker completley and deny all knowledge..

Of course, I don't care about such things :P and have a c600 in bits right here that I used for my method photos.... So if someone wants to send me a mini sd wifi card to test I'll be more than happy to ;)

Richard

Guest mini_man
Do you really want to void your warranty so soon after getting it?

I was thinking that while before you said it, your right though I dont think i will even think about it unless someone else proves it. Will someone lend you there card? like nedge2k as he has one which he bought for his C500.

And I hope to god i wont ever have any harware problems with my C600 partly because my warrenty runs out soon and I dont want to start paying.

If it dares break orange will have an angry call from me quoting things from the sale fo goods act.

Guest fluffcat1
And I hope to god i wont ever have any harware problems with my C600 partly because my warrenty runs out soon and I dont want to start paying.

If they've sent you a PAYG c600 in return for a contract c550 I would think they would have to re-invoice you the c600 at zero cost - which means you would have another 12 months from that invoice. Just swopping handsets of the same model is fairly straight forward but changing models usually requires a new invoice as they need to account for the handset change. If you got one, keep it safe. Even just the delivery note you signed with the IMEI on it may do if it was a courier swop. I've used that before ;-)

What happened to the c550? Did they courier exchange it or just ask you to post it?

And regardless of what orange say, HTCeurope will cover it for approx a full year from now depending on build date.

Richard

Guest mini_man

Ok i think I understand what your saying.

Basically if it breaks, I can call orange and say that its broken and I want a replacement under the free orange warrenty, and then when they ask for the imei number it will look as if ive just purchased a new C600. GENIOUS!

OK im lied I havnt got it yet but its coming from 6pm to 10pm tonight.

I will tell you what happens after I get it. Id laugh if they didnt want the C550 back, that would be awesome.

Guest fluffcat1
Ok i think I understand what your saying.

Basically if it breaks, I can call orange and say that its broken and I want a replacement under the free orange warrenty, and then when they ask for the imei number it will look as if ive just purchased a new C600. GENIOUS!

OK im lied I havnt got it yet but its coming from 6pm to 10pm tonight.

I will tell you what happens after I get it. Id laugh if they didnt want the C550 back, that would be awesome.

New boxed phones usually come via citilink, the 'fixed time' thingy sounds like you're getting a bloke in a car with a bare handset in a white box and no accessories - the usual for orange care exchanges - so make sure you keep your existing accessories.....and there will be a carbon paper invoice with the IMEI on and date which you sign on receipt.

I had this once when they 'swopped' a faulty p800 for an mpx200 - I just got the handset - no battery, no charger, but they didn't ask for the p800 back and a software flash fixed the bugs ;-)

They sent me some accys when I rang up and kicked up a stink, but you have less cause for that as they are compatible from your old handset.

Orange may well say that your warranty on the c600 is the balence of the c550's - it all depends on the paperwork they give you and how they have put the exchange through on their system.

It may be you get a refubished / 14 day return handset as well, so the HTC warranty may be less than a full year as someone else could have bought it last year and sent it back.

It'll be nice if you get a new fresh payg c600 in a retail box as it proves they have c600 PAYG stock in their warehouse waiting to be sold but I think realistically you'll get a white box one.

Richard

Guest pd.ryder

mini_man - I had just such a replacement (E200 for dodgey E100) some years back. I got a shiney new 200, all boxed and complete with accessories, manual and all.

Fingers crossed ;)

Guest mini_man

oooh ;), wow I hope i get to keep both :P I love my c550 to bits, it would be a shame to let it go.

Its quite funny, Ive actually had the same guy for every replacement ;)

well that guy will come soon.

Guest mini_man

oh sorry.

Well a man came (same one again)

He gave me a white box with a battery and a C600 ;)

but took my C550 :P and left.

So much for the instruction manual!

Guest mini_man

Damn Coursework! I want to play with my phone but my english essay is more important! its so annoying, ill just have to set everything up tomorow.

wooh! C600, the joystick is actually quite stiff

Guest datasamm

Hello,

I had my SPV C550 nearly over a year, and I haven't had any of these problems??? Learning experinces from C500 I solved the problem of the dust by putting a small celetape to cover the microphone on the C550. Its now DUSTPROOF, and you can't even notice the celetape.

Joystick has been fine, and no problem. It could be that sometimes when you play games, you really get into it and kind of force the movements and lose the joints?

Guest pd.ryder
...putting a small celetape to cover the microphone on the C550...

Can anybody hear you?? ;)

Incidentally, if any of you had an E100, which was packaged with a lovely leather case.... the C550 (and, no doubt, the 500 & 600) will fit straight in there. It's a little on the loose side, but that means I've got room for the headphone jack too ;)

No more 'pocket fluff' to get under the joystick :P

Guest mini_man

Nice, you can order them online somewhere as well.

Have any of you guys tried getting an upgrade to a C600, it worked a treat for me