More Home / Theme questions

Guest davejerome

Guest davejerome

Hi people, many years ago I used to have a Sony Ericsson T610 which i made a really good theme for using a theme designer. The buttons, menus, background menu bar... ...well the whole lot was unique.

I know that because the SPV C550 uses XML and Windows it is even more flexible. I believe the menu system colours can be changed as well (from white and blue striped)?

What I am really trying to find is a guide or program that will help me get through creating a new one, being on 02 with an orange 550 there are a few "orange" logos when making a call etc that i would like to remove.

Anybody know a site where it shows you how to build a theme bit by bit so you can get to understand it as you are making creating it?

Thanks in advance

David

Guest davejerome

Just had a thought having seen somebody has posted about ruttensoft.

If you have a little bit of XML knowledge, could you not use ruttensoft screen designer to create the homescreen 90% to how you want it then do some simple editing to make it fit QVGA?

Also does anybody know how I change the orange logo that appears when calling / going through the phone book?

Ruttensoft is actually for the C500 and not the C550's QVGA screen.

So you basically want to create a colour scheme?

Bear in mind there are many themes you can download in the download section of this site :)

Regarding the Orange logos, Ill look into it but for now try searching this forum using the search function.... the answer is probably more than likely to be here somewhere already

Bear in mind there are many themes you can download in the download section of this site :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bear in mind that most of the themes you can download for qvga feature pics of girls which I can't display in front my wife & kids.

Have got a couple of good themes of yours, I like the Homer one, The DrBlowGV1, Mac & Lightening themes but the majority seem to be for prepubescent schooldboys.

Mrmond

Bear in mind that most of the themes you can download for qvga feature pics of girls which I can't display in front my wife & kids.

Have got a  couple of good themes of yours, I like the Homer one, The DrBlowGV1, Mac & Lightening themes but the majority seem to be for prepubescent schooldboys.

Mrmond

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, sorry for that. I have realised that the themes that get downloaded most are those which are unthemed, like DrBlows GV and Jammas Mac theme. I am now following in their footsteps in making unthemed complex homescreens.

Heres what Im in the middle of ....

greenimate3ze.png

Not forgetting we are trying to help davejermoe with his problems

quite right.

I haven't seen any guides for writing home screens or xml files. All I have done is look at other peoples .xml files from home screens and looked at which bits do what then copied and pasted to make a custom home screen of my own.

I have a mix of the lightening screen, the facade plugin,rjtime & smartmonitor with DrBlow's icons and the iconbar pointing to my own shortcuts at the bottom.

The simplest thing I tried was changing things like colours & font sizes (still can't use different fonts apart from nina despite changing the registry) and seeing how they looked.

One of the best things I have done know is using orneta notepad, snipping out sections of a homescreen xml file that look good and re-using them in a different theme.

For example I have SPB gprs monitor that has several homescreens like the orange ones but with their plugin monitor code at the bottom of the xml

I paste that section into most homescreens I use.

I would like; like most others; a worked example or guide of how to position items,plugins,icon bars,etc.etc. anywhere I like on the screen.

Everything I do follows on from the next. If I don't display the smartmonitor plugin on my "customised" homescreen then my icon bar displays halfway up the screen instead of at the bottom where I want it.

that homescreen looks excellent btw.are you going to attatch the file on your next post ?

Edited by mrmond

Guest davejerome
Check out this link:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7017

If this link does not work, simply go to sbsh.net>forums>Facade>Facade Resources

Hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks PPCPassion,

From his link there is an MSDN page which is really useful.

Basically if you use Ruttensofts home screen designer then look at the XML it generates.

The QVGA is 1.363 times bigger than the standard windows mobile phones. So basically design your screen to fit a C500. then edit the XML in notepad and multiply all dimensions by 1.363 and your screen is now fully qvga!

Great!

Thanks again

quite right.

I haven't seen any guides for writing home screens or xml files. All I have done is look at other peoples .xml files from home screens and looked at which bits do what then copied and pasted to make a custom home screen of my own.

I would like; like most others; a worked example or guide of how to position items,plugins,icon bars,etc.etc. anywhere I like on the screen.

Everything I do follows on from the next. If I don't display the smartmonitor plugin on my "customised" homescreen then my icon bar displays halfway up the screen instead of at the bottom where I want it.

that homescreen looks excellent btw.are you going to attatch the file on your next post ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You wanted 1, you got 1 ...

>>Click Here<<

Sorry for the sleezy homescreens and cheers for reminding me about my Homer screen, when I looked it had over 100 downloads so I thought Id make a better one for yah (see below)

That looks awesome!  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With regards to that screen, Im having trouble with it (see here) so it was put on hold whilst I made this baby...

post-143011-1135254803_thumb.gif

Should be on the downloads section soon I uploaded it last night

But im back on the case of the "Greenimate" screen and might have to lose the TCPMP shortcut for something else :)

Edited by w411y

Also does anybody know how I change the orange logo that appears when calling / going through the phone book?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe I have found the answer to that in the registry

I found :MSCDial and :MSCProg both contain values for the banner image

Will have a go at changin them later and report back :)

Guest nevawlkalone

Homer screen kicks ass dude.

One thing thats gets me is, with regardsto the homer screen, what did you do?

Create ti with ruttensoft and then change the target image size to fit QVGA like the link on MSDN?

Nope ...

I created the homescreen xml and jpg then creeated the infro screens, error screens etc (240x266 if i can remember) and the startup and shutdown screens (240x320) and then created a cab that chucks them all in the home folder and edits the registry :)

Guest nevawlkalone
Nope ...

I created the homescreen xml and jpg then creeated the infro screens, error screens etc (240x266 if i can remember) and the startup and shutdown screens (240x320) and then created a cab that chucks them all in the home folder and edits the registry  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, how did you get al them codes to work? most of my attempts muck up. Also what did you use to .cab it all?