Skype for QVGA devices

Guest invaders

Guest invaders

Attached is a Skype installer for QVGA Smartphones. It's a little hack I wrote today to make it a bit easier to install and run Skype. It gives you the Skype (low cpu) Pocket PC version and also launches a cursor (thanks to FakeCursor), so that it's easier to login to your account and operate some of the advanced functionality.

You can also run it without the cursor, but then you can only access and dial your contacts.

It's been tested on a Qtek 8300. No warranty on other devices.

Enjoy. Happy New Year. ;)

Skype_Hack.CAB

Guest rperalta

Hi invaders,

It's interesting. Can you post more details how to run this or screenshots?

I have a Cigular 2125 (aka HTC Tornado) and I get an error when running it. See attached.

SkypeHack_error.bmp

Edited by rperalta

I get the Skype enter/log-in screen followed by the End User licence Agreement before it goes to Variable is undefined:'IIResult' It seems it's having a go and may not be to far away. It un-installs no problem. This is on a SP5 :|

Edited by Looby

Guest roma0803
same problem with MPx200 (wm2003)!

Give some instructions with screenshots!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's for QVGA phones as stated in the first post. It's most likely not running on your MPx200.

Guest cupertino
Hello!, in my Qtek 8310 not work, the same mesage "undefined:'IIResult' ".. ;)

Any help for fix this?

Regards from Spain!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To invaders

I have a Dopod 577W which is as same as Tornado, copied & installed the .cab file onto 1G mini SD card. when i try to run it, it stuck on the "Start Skype" screen and nothing happens....

any suggestions ?

Guest LarsDK

I have a Qtek 8310.

I get the "undefined:'IIResult'-error but it comes past it, I then press "I agree" and then I am stuck at the point where it says somthing about, "click here to log in", there is no way I can click that button. It does not get highlighted in any way...

Another thing that happened was that my homescreen was corrupted, the layout of the screen was altered so I had to choose it again to get it back.. strange...

Hope you get these things sorted out, it would be great to get Skype going on these phones! ;)

Guest invaders

Sorry, I haven't got time to fix the error, but for those who are having trouble getting past the activation screen, please download Soti Pocket Controller from here:

http://www.soti.net/files/PCPro504Setup.exe

It’s a remote control for mobile devices.

Install it and connect to the device. (It works through ActiveSync.)

you can run Skype.exe and then use the pc keyboard to enter the necessary info, you only have to do that once, after that, everytime you run Skype, it will load immediately and you can use the phone navigation button to browse contacts and start making free phone calls

Hi all

I've tried the hack on my C600. Skype is lanching, connecting, showing the "standard" errors and then my skype contacts online. I can even start a call. But i can't ear anything else than a strange noise. Is seems that the CPU is too slow to handle the load. This is not a bandwith problem: i've tried while connected via active-sync on a 8mb/s DSL access.

Waiting 4 the improvements then ;)

Hmmm, that sounds strange... I have only tested the echo-call and it worked flawless, perfect sound and perfect recording of my voice. Even on a 256/128 Kbit/s-line... Have you tried to free up some memory before starting skype?

Yes, I have the same problem with the strange noises... when i am not speaking there is that sound and when i speak there is no sound at all... and i am only running a file explorer so i can launch the "cursor".. any ideas? but thanks for the hack anyway!

Guest schriss
This is not a bandwith problem: i've tried while connected via active-sync on a 8mb/s DSL access.

Think twice. Your DSL might be fast, but how fast is your Active Sync connection? It's SLOW unless you sync via WiFi (but you probably don't, thanks Micro$oft)

• 4 weeks later...
Think twice. Your DSL might be fast, but how fast is your Active Sync connection? It's SLOW unless you sync via WiFi (but you probably don't, thanks Micro$oft)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sync via bluetooth (about 30Ko/s)

I'm gonna try with the TI OMAP overclock software...

• 2 months later...
Guest gemidriver

I have installed the hack, and it works after receiving one error message. I have logged in and everything looks fine, however it doesn't show any of my contacts. I currently run skype on my PC and i have contacts there, but when i run it on SP5 my contacts aren't appearing. Is there 2 different versions..should it not show my contacts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gemidriver
using the pocket pc version of skype, You need to overclock the phone to 250 Mhz to use it with no problems ?

how are you overclocking the cpu?